Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
poop.png

WoW ran like a dream in the first fucking wave of beta on a piece of shit machine (mine). Vanguard still ran like a piece of shit two years later.
WoW had a dev team, Vanguard didn't. You imbecile.

I still can't believe qwerty hasn't been on the official forums.
I just said I did. Learn to read.

release really wasn't bad for me. I had a decent computer, but nothing top of the line. For whatever reason, I really just did not have the performance problems that were so widespread.
Rabble rabble rabble rabble!

Unless you have a screenshot with a FPS meter, nobody believes this.
Who cares what you believe? Did you even play that game?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

<Banned>
was in alpha, beta, and release.

PortlandQuest gonna run like Vanguard

0tEbKme.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

<Banned>
For sure. Need to cut up the city into zones and texture it tho. This is the city as one huge zone, runs like Vanguard

goishen

Macho Ma'am
WoW had a dev team, Vanguard didn't. You imbecile.

Right. BECAUSE BRAD FIRED THEM ALL YOU FUCKTARD! Guess where? IN A FUCKING PARKING LOT!

And you wonder about the shit that he gets?

EDIT : You must be smoking crack. That's the only explanation for this level of stupidity.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
For sure. Need to cut up the city into zones and texture it tho. This is the city as one huge zone, runs like Vanguard

Lol, my mind has superimposed Vanguard onto that and it's perfect. The pain of trying to run, seeing this and then discovering you were getting beat on by a mob that just 'showed up' on your monitor. Good times.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
VGA is fine, 24fps is fine and 640k ought to be enough for anybody.

(I might slip in the "There's market for 5 computers in the world" quote, if you're willing)

Idk, I'm pretty sure even qwefagyqwef needs more than 640k to run Vanguard and get >18 fps.

I wonder if anything on the top 500 list is capable of running standard pc games.

Brad, on a scale of say, 1-10, how much rocking do you think this game is going to do?

On a scale of 1-10, it's gonna rock an 11 like Stonehenge.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm

Looks like they've never heard of a clipping plane, render distance or mipmaps. No way you can render every light, parking meter and tree at once.

Last edited:

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
eeeehh..... I would be very warry of blaming the artists and programmers. Looking at Everquest and EQNext postmortem threads, reading the tidbits about how SoE *worked* ..... *cough* .... the shittiest thing was how some of the projects were .....*cough* ....managed, if you could call it that.

The brass.....

Compare SoE and Blizzard when managing large/huge & difficult projects on life support.....

(1) SoE: appears to have had a disfunctional corporate culture with money to hire great talent that they then mismanage and fook up production and development. A lot of throwing money at problems rather than cutting losses and trimming fat.

(2) Blizzard:Now if you look at the best in the business in Blizzard.....they were founded and run and managed by....UCLA engineers!
Their BIG mmo v2.0/ Titan ??..... CANCELLED..... because they know a turd when they have one, and were not afraid to cut their losses.

Lol..... yah.... completely different beasts. The people up TOP in Blizzard had a clue.... and Smed & Ponytail & co had none.

The grunts.....

Programmers, devs and artists must to do whatever they are told, even if it makes no sense. They get their marching orders for the most part.... and get the door with a boot in the ass if they do not like them.

If the TEAM produces sh*t..... the senior management, designers & senior engineering have to take the MAJORITY if not ALL of the blame. Devs do not, and should not get to decide what vision, rules, structures or quality control frameworks (design/code reviews etc etc) they should adhere to... that is for others above them to decide and for the coders & artists to simply follow :)

The Vision......

But getting back on topic, Pantheon shall rock for certain, it is rock solid: it shall be a pillar of granite in a forest of dried and withered trees.......for they have The VISION of the war wizard to guide them!! Everything will be gloriously *fine* as long as:
  1. their glorious pillar of granite does not have to umm.... ahem... float.
  2. and they have enough EQ worshippers to kneel & pray at their ancient monolth
(edit: sp)
(edit: more sp gr)

Last edited: