Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh man, fucking Dain. Caused the biggest loot drama in LoS haha, I think half of the guild founders ended up leaving for Sullon Zek after that when it came out.

And speaking of guides....

There was some crazy guide on Nameless (said she was a chick, so 99.9% a dude) who used to just follow us around raiding. She would kind of show up here and there and talk to us, and it moved from there to obsession where she would be hiding at all of our raids sending tells etc. Then one day I'm just standing around bsing in guildchat and out of fucking nowhere I get summoned to CShome. This guide (dark elf chick) is standing there wearing no items and holding a whip.

My first thought was ahhhhhhhhhhh fuck, I think im about to get roleplay e-raped. Starts telling me about her rl sexual fantasies..... BDSM and stuff, i was like "hey thanks I gotta go!" because you know, chance of penis is all but guaranteed. If not that, fat stay at home mom was the best alternative so either way it was a no go.

She/he mysteriously disappeared not long after.

Guildchat thought it was hilarious. Our main server GM on Nameless, Hideaki, was awesome though.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
WTF was with Dain and drama? I remember being around when The Ring War got triggered and proofed the Dain while LoS? I think was fighting him. Major drama, guild break ups and shit. All around Dain?

Also, I never understood cybering or whatever in a video game. Guess I was too old. I did see a RL picture of some "Dark Elf Cleric" in our guild one time though. Not just fat, but ugly too. Like, even if she had lost 250 lbs, even then it would still be really bad.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You were talking about when Sanctuary spawned Dain and intentionally failed the Ring War so we couldnt get him. It was a dick move for sure, but considering we took pretty much every raid mob on Nameless, I get all the angst towards us. Plus, they were like our farm squad and we took every good player they had. I would have hated us too if I wasnt in LoS. Which made EQ such a great game, the hate was real, and greed is good.

What I was talking about, though, was Tigole took a "break" from EQ which lasted like two weeks, and made one of our necros guildleader for that time. Keep in mind, during Velious and killing Dain and turning in Dain's head to Tormax for the quest got a pretty badass belt that at the time was best in slot. Said necro got the Dain head for his necro on our very first Dain server kill. Once he became guildleader, I think it was only our 3rd or 4th Dain kill and said necro awarded his fucking cleric bot he 2 boxed the Dain head and basically said I can play two characters better than anyone can play one. Not an egomaniac tool at all. Fuck, a bunch of us then decided to just go to whatever server opened up next, which luck would have it was the no rules Sullon Zek server.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
You were talking about when Sanctuary spawned Dain and intentionally failed the Ring War so we couldnt get him. It was a dick move for sure, but considering we took pretty much every raid mob on Nameless, I get all the angst towards us. Plus, they were like our farm squad and we took every good player they had. I would have hated us too if I wasnt in LoS. Which made EQ such a great game, the hate was real, and greed is good.

What I was talking about, though, was Tigole took a "break" from EQ which lasted like two weeks, and made one of our necros guildleader for that time. Keep in mind, during Velious and killing Dain and turning in Dain's head to Tormax for the quest got a pretty badass belt that at the time was best in slot. Said necro got the Dain head for his necro on our very first Dain server kill. Once he became guildleader, I think it was only our 3rd or 4th Dain kill and said necro awarded his fucking cleric bot he 2 boxed the Dain head and basically said I can play two characters better than anyone can play one. Not an egomaniac tool at all. Fuck, a bunch of us then decided to just go to whatever server opened up next, which luck would have it was the no rules Sullon Zek server.

SZ was my server, still the best EQ experience out there.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Juravial from Domus Divinae was a fuckface. Hoffene was a great pal.

If nasir wasn't such a headcase, KTF would of died by Stasis.

Fallen Alliance should of recruited more zerglings and they would be beating on KTF hard too.

IV was pretty damn massive for awhile, I think that was the guild that combined all the aussies and then ended up going to Stormhammer lead by Backalley right?

I almost got kicked out of unity. Laladar (mage) and I (rng) were duoing in BoT stealing people's nameds. We would wait for them to pop, or others to spawn them, and we would straight up pull it & charm kill with charmed elementals.

Laladar ended up getting kicked out, but since I was a ranger, most people didn't think I did shit. I pulled all of it, and the dude was MAD upset i didn't get booted too, lol.

I was in IV; We went to Maelin Starpyre. Was Infinitus Vindicat for awhile, which was Raging Boars+a buncha other guilds.

Then Backalley and that one cleric dude had PMS the same day and we split off to Infinite Vision. Fallen Alliance was a buncha cuntknockers that were hand-fed shit by Stasis, but that dude that did their front page updates was the shit.

Nasir was incredibly....unique.

Who the fuck were you on Prexus? I played there until mid-PoP when IV left.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think putting fist in your name, as a monk, destines you for scrubness. So you carried the torch!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Which one of you is this?

C_kBhP3W0AAYMN1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Qwerty,

What dungeons did level 20-40's go in kunark that were better than hhk, uguk, lguk, sola and solb?

If you're talking XP rather than loot Kedge Keep made everywhere else look lame. It had the biggest XP modifier in the game, mobs didn't run and there's a constant supply of them. It was better than anywhere in Kunark. So yeah, Kedge from around lvl 25 to 52 was the best XP in the game including Kunark.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
One of the best places to level in Kunark that most people didn't know about was the Permafrost bear pit under Vox's area. There weren't enough spawns to keep a full group busy but for soloing it was amazing, especially as a druid. You could charm burn or fear kite down there and there was plenty of room to work with. ZEM was quite good too.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
One of the best places to level in Kunark that most people didn't know about was the Permafrost bear pit under Vox's area. There weren't enough spawns to keep a full group busy but for soloing it was amazing, especially as a druid. You could charm burn or fear kite down there and there was plenty of room to work with. ZEM was quite good too.

It was probably the BEST place to level as a druid. Could goes days without seeing someone and the ZEM/XP was insane.

Loot sucked but you are a druid who cares.

• 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Droga was amazing with sporatic low level charming. Did that place heavily when Stromm came out. Chanter would hurl mobs into harmtouches, and casters had low hps. Easy pulls and always empty.

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's cool hearing about all of the old camps people use to use in EQ for leveling, especially ones that were "off the beaten path" from the masses. Finding those places was done mostly through exploration and trial and error by the players, which has me excited since that is one of VR's tenets for Pantheon.

I'm looking forward to discovering shit like that again. Loot, good XP camps, pathing tendencies, overcons, undercons, challenging camps to break, new player tactics, freaking all of it.

• 4Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When I was young, I found an exp-granting mob I could solo as a rogue before raid gear. The knowledge must be kept secret for all time, lest they nerf it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My main was a Shaman back in 99'. Some of my secret leveling spots...

Early to late Teens: Trissa Whistlesong in the Freeport Inn. She was on her own faction, so the other bar patrons would not agro. She would drop a lute that was worth over a platinum every time. You could exploit pathing in the bar to root/rot her down. Word eventually got out, people fought over the camp, and I think Verant got tired of dealing with the petitions so they nerfed her at some point to where she stopped dropping any loot.

Late Teens to mid 20's: The hermit in South Karana. He was in a house that you could not enter. So the trick was to /target him and cast on him to agro out of the house. Once you took a few faction hits, you could proximity agro him as well. I think he dropped some gems and musical equipment that was good money. The Treant camp was amazing too, but always occupied.

Mid 20's to late 30's: Ak'anon mechanics. This was the best. The gnome city was massive and you could find solo spawning mechanic's in the oddest places. They would drop all sort of gems like Black Pearls, Peridots, and other valuable loot. I dissappeared into Ak'anon one weekend level 24 and came out level 40 in like 3 days. It was amazing, but I think most of my friends quit EQ because I got so far ahead of them at that time.

The 40's: Freeport Warrior Guildmasters. As a shaman, you didn't have any snares, so you had to find wide open spaces or areas that case mobs to double back on their routes to you if you moved your position ever so slightly, so you would have time to get them rooted. And that is where the Freeport Warriors guild in the arena comes into play. This place had some of the worst pathing in all of EQ lol. Sometimes though, with shitty internet back in the day, you would still lag and die. But, if you jumped down into the pit and the mobs killed you there, you took no EXP loss. It was awesome.

• 4Like