Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hell even if there are only 5k players that won't stop the Rang Rangs from tying down every valuable spawn to sell.

Vanguard had bots, massive exploits, and it even had its own version of MQ and it was a deserted wasteland. The 1k people if that who were playing it also warranted the rang rangs setting up RMT sites and advertisements in game channels.

I don't think anyone wants to string up Brad, but to expect intelligent people here to trust someone with his history is a laugh. If someone I wanted to do business with had a heavy drug use, history of stealing / shady behavior, and in the past has disappointed me then the burden is on that person to show something's changed for the better in them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Listen, I just thought his quote was laying it on a bit thick, that's all. I think it was the whole thing about"wanting nothing more" that got me lol. I mean, come on, when has this board ever wanted nothing more out of Brad McQauid than to support him?

If you want to make the point that Brad lost a lot of support on this forum after bungling his initial attempts to garner support for his game, I'm with you. But describing this community as "wanting nothing more than to help him and wish him the best in his endeavor" doesn't exactly describe the atmosphere here about McQuaid projects since-- well, ever. This community as a whole has NEVER approached any Brad McQuaid product with the casually good-natured indifference of "wishing him the best in his endeavor." Nor have his supporters ever outnumbered the naysayers enough to describe the entire community as "wanting nothing more than to help him." Did some people support him and want to help him? Sure. Plenty still did even after rerolled skeletons and fuzzy trolls. Did others want to string him up for his "sins?" Absolutely. Dude could actually succeed at making the next EQ and plenty of people on this board would still hate his guts.

That's the whole point. Brad McQuaid is the single most polarizing force on these boards. Sad as it is, he's more polarizing here than Trump, Clinton, global warming, and NFL protests combined.

No one cares about Brad McQuaid any more. Seriously. At this point, he can either come out with a good game made by others anyway, or he can fail again. The point is, no one cares. It's all tongue in cheek comedy right now. If he thinks otherwise, however, I wouldn't doubt it since he tends to think the world revolves around him even though his 20 minutes of fame was up before the iPhone came out.

The guy is a punchline at this point at best, and a complete unknown to 99% of the world - and damn near the gaming industry at this point.

Do I hope he dies in a fire? No. I hope the guy can keep a team on track and give them credit above himself and maybe launch a game to play, with also realizing he isn't going to be the bastion of MMORPG's ever again, and in fact, was part of the reason why the genre completely tanked.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Just make it fun, god dammit. Too many focus groups, spread sheets, and balancing patches have ruined the MMO landscape. I'd love to find a game where it's just the way the developers wanted it to be, and just leave it the fuck alone.

People seem to only have “fun” when they are obscenely OP though. If not, let the bitching commence.

• 2Solidarity

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll give Brad this - after the KS failed, the drama about the money, and that fat crazy religious womans fuzzy trolls I figured he would just disappear and never be heard from again. I mean did anyone really expect the game to get this far?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'll give Brad this - after the KS failed, the drama about the money, and that fat crazy religious womans fuzzy trolls I figured he would just disappear and never be heard from again. I mean did anyone really expect the game to get this far?

Nope. He kept kicking and for that, a little respect is deserved honestly. Which is why 1% of me thinks he has learned that hey, maybe I should just sit back and make a game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
No one cares about Brad McQuaid any more. Seriously. At this point, he can either come out with a good game made by others anyway, or he can fail again. The point is, no one cares. It's all tongue in cheek comedy right now. If he thinks otherwise, however, I wouldn't doubt it since he tends to think the world revolves around him even though his 20 minutes of fame was up before the iPhone came out.

The guy is a punchline at this point at best, and a complete unknown to 99% of the world - and damn near the gaming industry at this point.

Do I hope he dies in a fire? No. I hope the guy can keep a team on track and give them credit above himself and maybe launch a game to play, with also realizing he isn't going to be the bastion of MMORPG's ever again, and in fact, was part of the reason why the genre completely tanked.

Yeah, sure. Except for the fact that you and the rest of us are still in this thread writing lines about him.

• 2Like

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
I know it's default reaction to bring Brad's name into the conversation (and I'm sure it helps sell it for people not completely soured on him), but Pantheon being a success or failure is dependent on the people actually making the thing and they've hired quite a few new hands.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
How many copies you going to buy Ut?

If it ever comes out I'll try it, simply because I want to see if Convo added a huge troll named Utnayan talking about F-16's bombing the world in a quest line.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
There will be bots and cheaters for sure. Hopefully they come up with some good options to stymie that a bit but it's inevitable regardless.

If the game never launches then nothing was really lost, but it will really suck if it comes out, is enjoyable (to its niche audience) but is overrun by bots because VR had no plan on how to handle cheaters.

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider
He did plenty wrong. He's still going, and seems to be doing better. I recognize and value that.

Building a business from scratch is the hardest thing one can do in my opinion. Kudos to him for coming this far with nothing.

The older I get, the more and more I value this too.

I thought this game was dead when the Kickstarter failed. Fairly impressed with what I have seen lately.

I pledged a few months back. $250 bucks for alpha and beta access, 3 months sub and 2 copies of the game really didn't seem too bad to me in the grand scheme of things... There was a time when the news started drying up and they missed the Q2 prealpha target, when I started wondering if I might have made a mistake. :confused: Honestly, even if the game fails... sure I will be disappointed, but I will chalk it up to donating to see the type of MMO I want to play made.

-Adinirahc

• 6Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

I thought this game was dead when the Kickstarter failed. Fairly impressed with what I have seen lately.

I pledged a few months back. $250 bucks for alpha and beta access, 3 months sub and 2 copies of the game really didn't seem too bad to me in the grand scheme of things... There was a time when the news started drying up and they missed the Q2 prealpha target, when I started wondering if I might have made a mistake. :confused: Honestly, even if the game fails... sure I will be disappointed, but I will chalk it up to donating to see the type of MMO I want to play made.

-Adinirahc

Giving 250 to this was a ridiculous error.

-signing my posts why

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

-Adinirahc

Why is it always the 10 post or less new accounts that shill this game? I always am skeptical of these kind of posts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user