Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Siliconemelons

Yeah the pally thing looks like a short term humanoid "mez" - that's great for a solo and small or miss matched group that a knight can help handle minimal Cc while a "enchanter" will be needed for "real" Cc etc

Dire lord looks cool, zerkeresque

I am liking that these character classes are archetype yet the abilities look well focused with some fun alternative skills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
The tank reveals sound pretty interesting, I'm just concerned whether they have the aptitude to code those abilities into the game, they seem somewhat complex and layered to me. Is this a valid concern?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
The tank reveals sound pretty interesting, I'm just concerned whether they have the aptitude to code those abilities into the game, they seem somewhat complex and layered to me. Is this a valid concern?

Everything about coding in Pantheon is a valid concern.

They spend far more payroll on lore than on coding, so I'd hope they're able to make things sound interesting.

• 6Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the pally thing looks like a short term humanoid "mez" - that's great for a solo and small or miss matched group that a knight can help handle minimal Cc while a "enchanter" will be needed for "real" Cc etc

Yeah the Ranger also has the same ability to short term mez for animals called Kaylens Whisper or something. I think that in both of these cases the target will be only friendly to the caster.

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
I like the direction with evolving skills. Finally a a tentative glimmer of a hopeful hint that a playthrough Pantheons levels and content might be more than a boring grind through EQ/wow rewarmed. ...
Regarding " NPC Dispositions widely applied and appropriately unpredictable " , which you referred to, I'm going to say this just so it's been said:
Having a flagship-feature perception system and not being able to determine NPC dispositions prior to combat is illogical and/or a missed opportunity.
Now, if the player CAN perceive them prior to combat, then they just suck at writing (unpredictable vs. discernible). But if the player can't, then I stand by my statement.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hold on a second! Five of the last six posts above were positive and optimistic for the game.

WTH happened to this thread?!

They got so salty they wrapped around to positive. The old reverse civ Ghandi move.

• 1Seriously?

Joppa_VR

Pantheon Team

Dire lord looks cool, zerkeresque

I am liking that these character classes are archetype yet the abilities look well focused with some fun alternative skills.
Will also allow Paladins to dialogue with hostile NPCs for a short time. Exciting potential there.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, To avoid reading 2100 pages of whatever the hell you talk about on an unreleased game for 2100 pages... And knowing that there are tight ties between some folks on here and this game I have a few basic questions. These come from a standpoint of the wife and I looking at something entertaining to play MMO-wise, she's been playing MMO's since EARLY EQ, got me in when we started dating with Shadowbane, some others, then WoW. So my questions:

• Is there a vague concept of when this will be a real thing ready to play? Looks like "Pre-Alpha 3"?!? what the hell is Pre-Alpha 3. Have an alpha of don't for Christ's sake.
  • PvP? She's not a PvP person, I am somewhat....
  • I see crafting.. meh... more importantly will there be an AH I can mercilessly conquer with my evil capitalism?

In essence what is the elevator pitch for this game? As it looks like one has to pledge an insane amount of cash for an alpha invite, and I'm a cheap old bastard....

• 1Worf

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
OK, To avoid reading 2100 pages of whatever the hell you talk about on an unreleased game for 2100 pages... And knowing that there are tight ties between some folks on here and this game I have a few basic questions. These come from a standpoint of the wife and I looking at something entertaining to play MMO-wise, she's been playing MMO's since EARLY EQ, got me in when we started dating with Shadowbane, some others, then WoW. So my questions:

• Is there a vague concept of when this will be a real thing ready to play? Looks like "Pre-Alpha 3"?!? what the hell is Pre-Alpha 3. Have an alpha of don't for Christ's sake.
  • PvP? She's not a PvP person, I am somewhat....
  • I see crafting.. meh... more importantly will there be an AH I can mercilessly conquer with my evil capitalism?

In essence what is the elevator pitch for this game? As it looks like one has to pledge an insane amount of cash for an alpha invite, and I'm a cheap old bastard....

1) The game will never be ready to play. It's a scam designed to take your pre-order cash for goods that will never deliver. If you're looking for a game that might actually release, check out Star Citizen.
2) PvP might be implemented in Pre-Alpha 130, but only if you pledge $100k to the kickstarter. It is unknown if Unity can handle PvP so your money might get you nothing.
3) AH is not aligned with McQuaid's principles of gaming. You will sit in the EC tunnel and enjoy player interaction.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1) The game will never be ready to play. It's a scam designed to take your pre-order cash for goods that will never deliver. If you're looking for a game that might actually release, check out Star Citizen.
2) PvP might be implemented in Pre-Alpha 130, but only if you pledge $100k to the kickstarter. It is unknown if Unity can handle PvP so your money might get you nothing.
3) AH is not aligned with McQuaid's principles of gaming. You will sit in the EC tunnel and enjoy player interaction.

I just want to let you know hes serious. All of it.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Will also allow Paladins to dialogue with hostile NPCs for a short time. Exciting potential there.

Definitely agree on that. I thought you designed the tanks in a creative manner for sure. Warrior looked superb. Paladin looks like something I might give a go, a tank with CC, heals, and battle rez is right up my ally. Was hoping more for an EQ1 SK than VG DK, but a lot of people seem excited about the Grim Lord.

Is Lay Hands a thing in this game for Paladins? I know you didn't release all their abilities, but I feel like you'd have mentioned that iconic one if it was in game.

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider
Would love to see warriors have some practical dual wield options. Seems like they are being steered pretty hard to use shields. Perhaps in later levels?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely agree on that. I thought you designed the tanks in a creative manner for sure. Warrior looked superb. Paladin looks like something I might give a go, a tank with CC, heals, and battle rez is right up my ally. Was hoping more for an EQ1 SK than VG DK, but a lot of people seem excited about the Grim Lord.

Is Lay Hands a thing in this game for Paladins? I know you didn't release all their abilities, but I feel like you'd have mentioned that iconic one if it was in game.

This game has Hand Lay instead. It is exactly what it sounds like.