Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I wonder how much it'll cost to buy the Everquest ip from daybreak. And if someone could port the game on a more flexible engine.

Siliconemelons

I wonder how much it'll cost to buy the Everquest ip from daybreak. And if someone could port the game on a more flexible engine.

In all my hypothetical "what would you do if you won the lotto" if able mine always include, Buy EQ IP :)

Maybe the rich pepps of this forum can band together to buy EQ and form a company to remake it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
What made EQ great was the potential of it all. We didn't know what was going to happen next. There were very few best practices, there was no info till you figured it out yourself.

There was wonder left in the world over the next hill.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

My guess is that the IP is worth about $40m

I dare say that the riches in this community could buy it or mostly buy it and use their connections to fund the rest if the community at a whole was of one mind and did it.

and Screamfeeder Screamfeeder then could have the IP rights and make all our dreams come true with a good EQ movie! or series on cable :)

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Or a Skinemax late night limited series Nicole Sheridan as Firiona Vie.

Why not both? all of the above, a yuuge multi tier attack getting the EQ IP back out into everyones mind! take that 40m and triple it!

This is an investment ripe for the picking! ;-D

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I dare say that the riches in this community could buy it or mostly buy it and use their connections to fund the rest if the community at a whole was of one mind and did it.

and Screamfeeder Screamfeeder then could have the IP rights and make all our dreams come true with a good EQ movie! or series on cable :)
Dude.

I actually have an EQ feature script (it's so horrible) I did a while back along with about a half dozen others from other people.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Dude.

I actually have an EQ feature script (it's so horrible) I did a while back along with about a half dozen others from other people.

All i can think of is that terrible fucking G4 show that roleplayed ingame characters

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
getting to trakanon was long, even with COH

tothelair.jpg

Maybe if the guild you were in was retarded. Porting there for a fresh clear was maybe a 10 minute run. You could wipe on Trak and recover in under 10 minutes. Even quicker if there was a group farming Cobalt Helm. The wall alone made dragging corpses stupid easy. No one rezzed you was your problem.

• 3Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
tothelair.jpg

Maybe if the guild you were in was retarded. Porting there for a fresh clear was maybe a 10 minute run. You could wipe on Trak and recover in under 10 minutes. Even quicker if there was a group farming Cobalt Helm. The wall alone made dragging corpses stupid easy. No one rezzed you was your problem.

You will never get a guild from zone in to trakanon in 10minutes.

You will never recover from a kunark trakanon wipe in 10minutes.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

All you need is one "I did not see my invs dropped" and a few "I must save that guy!" at anytime up and until the Seb golem entrance - then from there, sure 10ish min killing see invs and setting up on poop mountain.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Just because you didnt experience it, does not mean it was not possible. Just because your guild took 60+ people to kill Trak, does not mean others did. But whatever, live in your own bubble.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Sudo

Blackwing Lair Raider

10 mins from zone in to trak (fight in, not COH) and 10 minutes between attempts sounds about right from what I remember. Our 'pullers' were more like overpulling train conductors. Chukzombi Chukzombi yes?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
10 mins from zone in to trak (fight in, not COH) and 10 minutes between attempts sounds about right from what I remember. Our 'pullers' were more like overpulling train conductors. Chukzombi Chukzombi yes?
very much so. i witnessed that from both a spectator and as a guild member. it was the only thing that kept encounters interesting. after awhile i think we just started running into rooms and killing everything at once because pulling became so fucking boring.
i dont know if you were with us the time we were still exploring VT during luclin and we rushed a room, then somebody wall aggroed every other room and so we fought 3 rooms for 2 hours as repops insta aggroed. easily the hardest i ever played trying to keep everyone buffed and alive for such a long time.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just because you didnt experience it, does not mean it was not possible. Just because your guild took 60+ people to kill Trak, does not mean others did. But whatever, live in your own bubble.

On live too we had races and quite a bit for Trakanon when Kunark dropped which made the fights fast as shit. There was no picks and Sebilis was the XP spot, youd be lucky to find a mob alive otm to Trak on our server. Rare wipes were for sure 10 mins or less, shit if you werent in a zone in our guild within 5 minutes of raid call you didnt get loot or DKP. Everquest as it was with open world racing, who was fastest to form, and who made the least mistakes is dead now.

A lot of people play on the EMU servers DBG has now that are really bad, you should see people running to Trak and training shrooms. Guilds are all instanced and make up their own metrics to feel special because they cant compete or race like it was on Live. Its literally the polar opposite of what Everquest used to be and its about 1/2 the difficulty with everyone knowing so much now.

• 2Like

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
The challenge of EQ raiding was not rigid mechanics like mmos today. It generally wasn't as challenging when it came to the fight itself. The struggle was getting a full raid of competent players leveled up, geared up and online while content was available. EQ was open world, so nothing was guaranteed and you often didn't get second chances. The struggle was part social or guild management, part progression, part mechanical and part luck. Today, luck has been entirely removed, social and progression is a given, so mechanics or skill is heavily weighted.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users