Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Gofundme says he battled depression and suicide, so probably suicide. That's rough.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Jokes aside this is terrible news.
He helped give me something that I'll always treasure and be able to blame for breaking college and at least 1 relationship. Fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
What awful news, depressions a shitty fucking thing.

He helped lay the foundations for modern mmos. Respect where it's due - RIP Brad.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hope we didn’t contribute to the suicide. Hopefully it wasn’t a failing game development that drove him to it ><

RIP dude, EQ was great.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully the suicide note does not specifically name this thread as the cause of his death.

/salute sir you made a hell of a game and touched alot of peoples lives.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Hope we didn’t contribute to the suicide. Hopefully it wasn’t a failing game development that drove him to it ><

RIP dude, EQ was great.

Nah, people who become 'rock stars' too young and figure out later they peaked too early have a tough road to hoe if they try to recapture their fame & glory. He could have managed a Best Buy or a Game Stop and would probably still be alive. He should just let it go and remained a legend of his era.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Really sad to see and I kept waiting for the jk. It's rough that him and McDonald passed away so close together. Mental illness is a terrible thing.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wow. :(

Prayers for his family, friends, and co workers.

This news really sucks. Huge shock.

Thanks for the memories man.

• 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Probably deeply in debt and realized Pantheon wasn't going to fix things, and probably did have a drug habit, which absolutely can exacerbate depression dramatically.

Regardless, sucks.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This threads been going for 6 years and has been giving Brad shit from day 1.

I doubt he gave that much of a fuck about it, I do hope that he read it and got some laughs from it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The gofundme for the depression/suicide death is for the Vanguard artist that died, not Brad.

• 1Like

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Saw the news on fucking 4chan of all places. Figured this was the best place to say thanks and RIP Brad. EQ was an experience of a lifetime, incapsulating the newfound wonder of the Internet and my life-long passion for Fantasy, RPGs, and video games.

I can still sit and play EQ for hours even to this day, and there’s honestly not many 20-year-old games you can say that about.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Fuck me, this is sad and hits me hard.

I never even met the guy but I loved EQ beyond measure, thought Vanguard was flawed yet charming, and was looking forward to Pantheon and whatever followed. :(

I hope The Vision™ lives on.

RIP Brad 'Aradune' McQuaid

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I don't think so.. I talked to Brad the other day. He was very upbeat..

Sorry bro, hope you're handling this alright. Losing a friend or someone you knew is rough.

I don't think 99% of us would even be here if not for EQ, and that's meaningful, but it's different when you know them.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users