Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Start over in unreal engine. Wtf is there to lose, 6 more years?

Drop in the bucket

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow 6 years and still nothing... what the fuck are they doing?

I feel like you want to start with a smaller scale game to get people invested in your world building and systems design then use that money for the MMO. Even Blizzard and Square Enix basically did that, though the MMO wasn't planned from the start for them obviously.

• 1Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
No MMO of any scale has used Unity.

Their old netcode was bad. Their new netcode is bad.

Every other MMO team has looked at Unity and concluded it's better to design their own engine from the ground up than to polish this turd. But it's ok, Pantheon's team of volunteer devs will deliver.
Shroud of the Avatar, Project Gorgon, Crowfall, Albion Online, and Legends of Aria all use unity.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In response to popular demand, we've now included add-on rewards for pledgers.
What is an add-on?
An add-on is an optional item that can be added by increasing your pledge amount. These items are exclusive to Kickstarter backers and range from cool in-game items to physical collectors versions of the game.
How do I get my hands on these add-on(s)?
So you want to grab an add-on. Let’s explain how they work. Pledge for the $25 tier or higher, then look at our collection of available add-ons below. Decide which one you like, then increase your pledge amount by the value specified next to the add-on(s). When the project is funded you will then be able to choose the add-on(s) that caught your eye and voila! they will be added to your account when the game launches.
Follow these steps to adjust your pledge tier and collect the add-on(s)
Click ‘Manage Your Pledge’ on the Pantheon Kickstarter page. Modify the pledge amount you have chosen but do not change the selected reward. Click the ‘Continue to Next Step’ button and follow the steps to complete your pledge adjustment.
Here is an example:
Jason has pledged $25 dollars but he really wants to take advantage of the headstart ($5) and custom title ($10) options. So he decides to modify his pledge, adding $15 for a total amount of $40. Shortly after the Kickstarter has ended, Jason will receive an email informing him that he is eligible for $15 in add-ons. He selects the headstart and custom title, and collects his rewards when they are available.
List of Add-Ons
$5 - Headstart - Get early access to the game days before it launches.
$7 - Backer Icon - Let everyone know you backed Pantheon with this unique in-game nameplate icon.
$10 - Custom Title - Want to be a known as a ‘Sir’ or ‘Master of all Things Pantheon’? Why not do it with a stylish custom title? (subject to dev approval)
$10 - Wand of Random Illusions - Be the life of the party by changing your form with this special wand.
$15 - Exclusive Mount - Choose one of our special Kickstarter-only mounts.
$15 - Beta Key - Use it on your own account, or give it to a friend.
$15 - Autographed Poster* - Limited edition poster signed by the entire dev team.
$20 - Extra Bank Vault - Additional space to store all those extra goodies you obtained during your adventures.
$20 - Sound Track CD*
$20 - Digital Lore and Art Book
$20 - Starter Pack - Start with some currency and a few items.
$25 - Hero Essence Grab Bag - Open this mystery bag to win a random hero essence template.
$30 - Backpack Expander - Adds slots to your bags!
$30 - Pair of Sprinter’s Boots - Put a pep in your step as you travel the dangerous lands of Pantheon.
$35 - Bag-o-Swag* - get an “I am one of the Fallen” Mouse Pad, T-Shirt, and bumper sticker inside a Pantheon emblazoned bag to let all the cool kids know who is cooler.
$40 - Alpha Key - Use it on your own account, or give it to a friend.
$40 - 6 Months of Pre-Paid Game Time - Plenty of time to make your mark on Terminus. (limited to 1 per account)
$250 - Oranthel’s Strong Box of Power* - Backer Icon, Custom Title, Wand of Random Illusions, Exclusive Kickstarter Mount, Autographed Poster, Extra Bank Vault, Game Soundtrack, Digital Art Book, Starter Pack, Hero Essence Grab Bag, Backpack Expander, Pair of Sprinter's Boots, Mouse Pad, T-Shirt, Bumper Sticker, Cloth Map, and a physical copy the game inside a specially made container.
* Additional charges apply for shipping physical rewards outside of the continental US.

giphy.gif

That gif reminds me of.... something. Something I may have done to your mom.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So you are saying that WoW for example took more than 6 years from the planning stage? I very much doubt it.

They gave up on Titan after God knows how long and scrapped it into Overwatch ( Didn't buy this. I already played Cartoon Fortress 2, didn't like it). Let's dedicate 2000 pages to talking shit about it. Just kidding, Activision/Blizztard doesn't haunt my mind like hardcore MMOs do for most of you.

Last edited:
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They gave up on Titan after God knows how long and scrapped it into Overwatch ( Didn't buy this. I already played Cartoon Fortress 2, didn't like it). Let's dedicate 2000 pages to talking shit about it. Just kidding, Activision/Blizztard doesn't haunt my mind like hardcore MMOs do for most of you.

I'm pretty sure wow haunts you. You're always talking about it on here.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I don't play it or rant for thousands of pages like you guys, believe me. Flailing in a thread for a game im not gonna play? Miss me with that shit.

Back to bragging about who has less time for MMOs on MMO forum, please.

• 1Tiresome

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't play it or rant for thousands of pages like you guys, believe me. Flailing in a thread for a game im not gonna play? Miss me with that shit.

Back to bragging about who has less time for MMOs on MMO forum, please.
This is a falling gifs thread first and Pantheon discussion like... fifth. The only flailing is coming from you, good sir.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Wow 6 years and still nothing... what the fuck are they doing?

I feel like you want to start with a smaller scale game to get people invested in your world building and systems design then use that money for the MMO. Even Blizzard and Square Enix basically did that, though the MMO wasn't planned from the start for them obviously.

You're comparing Blizzard to a bunch of people, many of whom have never made a game before, making an MMO with basically no money to pay people, and wondering why they don't have much to show yet? WoW cost something like 85 million dollars to make with a VERY large team.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users