Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This guy gets it.

LOL the fucking comments in that thread. You fucking pantheon nerds will defend this shit until the end.

iu

As someone that played just about every one of those MMO's in that era I have to say your statement is totally inaccurate.

i actually like the graphics in the game. Even graphics of some older games look nice. I can't stand the graphics in Path of Exile for some reason but I like the graphics in Baldur's Gate 2 and other similar single player games. go figure.

If I want to see fancy graphics I'll go play Star Wars the Old Republic or Star Citizen.

Maybe go back and look at some games from the early 2000s.

There was certainly nothing close to what we have here.

Pantheon 2020
https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/20AprilNewsletter/producers_letter/4k/April2020_001.png

April2020_001.png

giphy.gif

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Seems to me they are much further advanced than that 2000s game (many xpacs later too)

You are right, a game "released" in 2020s with graphics from early 2010s is a success.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno. I've said it before, in a less refined way, but I'll say it again. I think that Brad was an impediment to the progression of game mechanics. I'm actually more hopeful now about this game coming out.

Brad used to make these long winded posts about how the game had this or that.

The game devs :

dd0.jpg

EDIT : I mean, I still think the game'll be shit. There's only so much you can expect out of an "out of the box" solution like Unity. Take a look at BattleTech. Fun game, but it's written in Unity and it shows.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Livestream going on right now showing off a handful of new animations at the moment and they're definitely looking much better than they previously have. I mean OBVIOUSLY, animations are going to be done relatively late in the dev cycle for most places, but it's nice to see how far the progress has actually gotten.

xzi

Mouthbreather
hilariously, the twitch stream is perma buffering and it looks like they have 4 fps. I think their bitrate is just way too fucking high.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, started strong then went to shit. They're going to upload the entire segment they had planned to youtube in the next few days at least.