Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Again, he's a spurned lover. He will be bitter until the end of his days while still wishing he was back together with wow.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
It's basically wow death penalty with some xp loss. Of course you love it being a hardcore wow raiding fanboy.

Meanwhile all I see is an easymode cop out. If they won't do item loss (not damage, thats just money loss) and are even clearly stating they are against naked corpse runs as too extreme, it means they dont REALLY want a severe death penalty.
Arnt they having your regular inventory stay on your corpse and just leaving you with equipped gear to fight back to it?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Item durability fucking sucks.

I know developers like it because it removes coin from the game world, combats mudflation, gives them some sort of death penalty tool, and give crafters/professions a purpose... but it is so fucking annoying that none of those reasons fully justify its use.

I wonder what Ashes of Creation is doing? Seems like those guys have most of this shit all figured out.

People like you are the reason MMO's are absolute trash now.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
People like you are the reason MMO's are absolute trash now.

I’ve never played any genre of game where I thought that item decay was meaningful or well implemented. It’s been trash in every iteration. It goes down at a steady clip and you go click a vendor to instant 100% it. Fucking garbage.

Maybe if some tied repairing things yourself to promote crafting skill ups instead of crafting useless mats x1000 it could be ok? I’ve never seen that in a game but maybe it exists and is amazing.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I’ve never played any genre of game where I thought that item decay was meaningful or well implemented. It’s been trash in every iteration. It goes down at a steady clip and you go click a vendor to instant 100% it. Fucking garbage.

Maybe if some tied repairing things yourself to promote crafting skill ups instead of crafting useless mats x1000 it could be ok? I’ve never seen that in a game but maybe it exists and is amazing.

The moron listed 4 good reasons why it should exist in the game but then says he doesn't think any of them are good reasons lol. The way DAOC did it was good. Your idea is a decent improvement as well. It's simply an easy logical way to combat mudflation and cycle currency out of the game world while also making death have more of an impact. In a lot of games these days, people literally die intentionally just to travel faster because there's basically zero fucking penalty whatsoever. Now THAT is fucking garbage.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Deaths should be punished with exp loss. I still haven't come across a game that has found a working alternative to that which doesn't trivialise player death.

Durability is just a lazy mechanic and invariably causes more problems than it solves. Nothing like being thrown in to a party with a tank on 11% durability.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also...

coachtube%2F7ae37fa0-7f20-4d72-92f1-ed0f7199ebbd_trampoline-dunk-fail-1.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I find it ironic that people who think durability is good in a MMO, trashed Zelda: BOTW because of weapon durability. Make up your fucking minds!

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Weapon durability ruined BotW tho.

Low key, Vanguard and EQ2 had the best death penalty. Instead of exp loss, they had exp debt.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Weapon durability ruined BotW tho.

Low key, Vanguard and EQ2 had the best death penalty. Instead of exp loss, they had exp debt.

Hah, that kept me from playing BotW too, but some people love it. I have yet to meet people in the middle, it's love or hate.

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
State of the Game update tonight was basically that they rebooted the entire game sometime in the last year or so and are redoing everything from zones to classes. Right now they have two classes in game (Shaman and Dire Lord) if I understood them correctly. They are also actively removing any posts on the forums questioning or criticizing them. Im going to speculate that they received significant funding after Brad's death from some source or another, and they decided they had the means to reboot the entire project incognito. All those 2025 jokes? That's the reality at best.

• 4Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
State of the Game update tonight was basically that they rebooted the entire game sometime in the last year or so and are redoing everything from zones to classes. Right now they have two classes in game (Shaman and Dire Lord) if I understood them correctly. They are also actively removing any posts on the forums questioning or criticizing them. Im going to speculate that they received significant funding after Brad's death from some source or another, and they decided they had the means to reboot the entire project incognito. All those 2025 jokes? That's the reality at best.
I wonder if I'll live long enough to see this game release or be cancelled.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob

Any particular reason they reboot the game? Lot of ppl will be happy to play the EQ style MMO with upgraded graphic.