Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Sevens

Log Wizard
Yeah relying on one of the 18 people who do crafting out of the 450 people playing the game sounds great.

Sorry bro can’t play until Jerry logs in to fix my sword.
True, but it is at least better than just running to an NPC and fixing your shit ala Diablo...
just seems cheap and cheezy, would rather it not even be in game

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It warms my heart to see how similar the death penalty is to WoW classic's. At least we now know which game the developers liked playing too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Leaning towards?

As in, after 6+ years of development they haven't even decided on what happens when you die?

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Item durability fucking sucks.

I know developers like it because it removes coin from the game world, combats mudflation, gives them some sort of death penalty tool, and give crafters/professions a purpose... but it is so fucking annoying that none of those reasons fully justify its use.

I wonder what Ashes of Creation is doing? Seems like those guys have most of this shit all figured out.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Leaning towards?

As in, after 6+ years of development they haven't even decided on what happens when you die?

They're still writing basic design documents, yes.

You see this way they could show it off as a "reveal" and siphon more money from diehad fans who love this decision.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The only thing Pantheon provides is hopium for retards. Lol provides group content, the only group content this bag of dogshit will ever provide is the collective dumping ground that is this thread.

49l6qf.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know developers like it because it removes coin from the game world, combats mudflation...

Mudflation was always such a manufactured crisis. Old items SHOULD devalue over time, it acts as an organic means for people to traverse out-dated content(especially when grouping in those areas shrinks because of the expansion of the world). This is especially true in a game with elements of horizontal progression.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Item degradation is shit in every game. Herp derp everything lowers by percentages as things happen then a blacksmith can instant fix everything to 100% for some coin. I’d rather they just drop less coin in the game than put item degrading in. Really misses the mark.

No, there was one game where item degradation actually ment something, Shadowbane. Everytime you died, all stuff would lose some durability. Die enough before getting to town and repairing it, and it would be destroyed. Everytime you repaired your item(s) there was a chance it would permanently lose some of its max durability.

Now thats a durability system that actually ment something. The crap everyone else does (including this wow clone) may as well skip "durability" and just deduct some gold straight out of your bank everytime you die. Big whoopdeedo.

I like how they've caved and made this easy meaningless death penalty. wow clone #22332323 inc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
WoW didn't have xp loss on death. You could flail your way to 60 like a retard.

Large xp bonus that stacked for not playing too lol.