Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
So what class are you rollin' up
wargames.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Anyone hear anything on if the PA5 shake out was a success or bust? Crickets so far....

The people with access to that crap can't post about it cause of the NDA or whatever so you'll have to wait for a streamer most likely. That's if we even hear anything about it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Can't wait for when this thread goes from "its not coming out" to "I refuse to play it"

Sevens

Log Wizard
As posted a friend had access to pre alpha
What he told me was...Its a lot like EQ in feel and play. He rolled up a dire lord (Yes more than just the two classes were available to roll up), said is was a very class. For the most part the game ran fine though a lot of it was still gray box. Not sure if he got to do any of the climbing stuff as I didnt talk to him long.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
In the dev roundtable posted recently they said they want nearly everything in the game to be climbable. Talk about give yourself a shtload of work, they have to develop both the X and Y axis.

fsd - Copy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I was told it was pretty disappointing and they managed to take pretty big steps backwards. The description of it made it seem like there was a another reboot and its no where near ready.

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
The people with access to that crap can't post about it cause of the NDA or whatever so you'll have to wait for a streamer most likely. That's if we even hear anything about it.
Ah yes, the unenforceable NDA trick. I know it well.
The one where, if you post anonymously or under a pseudonym, no-one knows or can know who you are or prove or disprove anything you claim? :p Yes, very.. pointless.
Here, I'll show you how it's done.. " I have a friend in pre-alpha, and she told me this: " <- Hey look, I can say anything I want!

nazon

Molten Core Raider
Learned my lesson when I bought Vanguard Collectors edition. Now I wait until games are out 1-2 months or a year to get cheap steam Sales.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Ah yes, the unenforceable NDA trick. I know it well.
The one where, if you post anonymously or under a pseudonym, no-one knows or can know who you are or prove or disprove anything you claim? :p Yes, very.. pointless.
Here, I'll show you how it's done.. " I have a friend in pre-alpha, and she told me this: " <- Hey look, I can say anything I want!

That means nothing, people want to see the game on a stream these days. Nobodies interested in my mate bob played this and said it's like EQ comments anymore.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Pantheon is going to make Duke Nukem Forever look like a fucking masterpiece by comparison.

iu

Nah j/k unlike Duke Nukem this piece of shit will never see the light of day.

This is your yearly reality check.

iu

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ever hear of a ramp? Or a ladder?

Who the fuck cares about climbing? What a pointlessly stupid thing to waste time and resources on.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
It's weird, and it's 100% on Joppa. He loves Breath of the Wild. He's on record as wanting to make an MMO similar to Breath of the Wild with the climbing, environment effects ,etc... I can see how climbing might be neat if it leads to lots of hidden areas with collectibles and all that crap that explorers like to do, but holy crap, for a game with small team and limited budget, this seems like a titanic and relatively obvious development mistake.

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Well, looks like the shakeout didn't go according to plan. They had to schedule another one for the end of the month. Yikes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
Well, looks like the shakeout didn't go according to plan. They had to schedule another one for the end of the month. Yikes.
For a login server load test? Yikes is right. :emoji_thinking:
6 years later, and the login server can't handle a few thousand logins, paced over many hours per day?
Train wreck incoming.