Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sevens

Log Wizard
Also i'm curious for those of you who played EQ back in the day. How much did the first expansions affect previous content? for Kunark & Velious did you still have to progress through the original content in a meaningful way rather than bulldozing through them?
No, Kunark was 1-60 zones
EQ never really had "Progression" till PoP before that it was level then raid pretty much

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Raiding was also a pretty new thing so people were constantly doing them and no one knew what was next so people weren’t planning around endgame rushes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
I missed this, but Convo was fired/left Pantheon? What happened there, thought he'd take a bullet for that game. Can you talk about this Convo without breaking some waiver you signed?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Realization that he was highly invested in a game that was a farce and decided to quit, I would imagine.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hey I was a bard to haha. Was in the guild Pain after the server mergers.
I was Veracity so bleeding edge for VG(worf) Not really fair to compare. I remember Pain though, they were 3rd or 4th I think? Or was Pain right behind us? I don’t remember which guild Korrupt Korrupt (Krassus back then) was in but they were the next ones behind us.

Last edited:

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I only played VG for a month or two, but actually really enjoyed what bit I did play. I was (I think) a gnome Enchanter and my buddy was a gnome necromancer. We went to some bee hive close to the starting area, and had a "dungeon crawl" that was a lot of fun, saved another group as they were trying to run out of the dungeon, past us. There was also a big rat city/complex in the adjourning zone that he and I and a group of adventurers went to and enjoyed ourselves. That's the type of stuff we need in MMO's these days. Open world dungeon crawl type stuff.

I don't know what the point of this post is... I am drunk. But I enjoyed VG and also, as someone else mentioned before, wish that the EMU had actually happened.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What is truly, truly sad, is that this thread started in 2013. Hopefully, I will get to play before severe arthritis kicks in for me around 2040.

• 1Like

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Appears Convo is just taking a break for some RL stuff, he'll be back at some point. That's a good thing, dude has been cheering this for so long, he deserves to be there at the end whether it sinks or swims.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I only played VG for a month or two, but actually really enjoyed what bit I did play. I was (I think) a gnome Enchanter and my buddy was a gnome necromancer. We went to some bee hive close to the starting area, and had a "dungeon crawl" that was a lot of fun, saved another group as they were trying to run out of the dungeon, past us. There was also a big rat city/complex in the adjourning zone that he and I and a group of adventurers went to and enjoyed ourselves. That's the type of stuff we need in MMO's these days. Open world dungeon crawl type stuff.

I don't know what the point of this post is... I am drunk. But I enjoyed VG and also, as someone else mentioned before, wish that the EMU had actually happened.
They had some amazing dungeons. After a few months of raiding me and 3-4 other guildies made alts of characters we had never played before. After every raid we would log onto those and we strictly did dungeon crawls. There were so many that I had never been to or even heard of, it was wild. We were always the only people in the dungeon, and just exploring all these places was a blast. It was wild how much unexplored well made dungeon content there was. Was some of the most fun I’ve had in an mmo, doing it on a regular schedule like that and all of us in unfamiliar roles was great.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They had some amazing dungeons. After a few months of raiding me and 3-4 other guildies made alts of characters we had never played before. After every raid we would log onto those and we strictly did dungeon crawls. There were so many that I had never been to or even heard of, it was wild. We were always the only people in the dungeon, and just exploring all these places was a blast. It was wild how much unexplored well made dungeon content there was. Was some of the most fun I’ve had in an mmo, doing it on a regular schedule like that and all of us in unfamiliar roles was great.

Regardless of the buggy state of the game the zone design was beautiful. I vaguely remember some cool dungeon being accessed by a crack in a beached galleon.

Or that land that time forgot kind of jungle zone with a temple at the end.

• 1Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider

We are still working on the EMU, just wish we had another C++ coder to make it go faster. We have some really dedicated folks plugging away daily on quests, npc placement and pathing, diplomacy, and crafting recipes. There is slow but steady progress on bringing it back to life, and we are all pretty committed to staying the course until its done, no matter how long it ends up taking us.

• 16Like
Reactions: 15 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasnt expecting them to be selling those in Ethereum. Interesting choice.

All NFT transactions are automatically done in Eth. You can convert it to USD (or whatever) after, but initially you pay/get paid in Eth when you transact NFTs. (One of the many reasons you should be investing in Eth).

On a side note, I haven't checked in on this thread in a while. They are still selling shit for a game that doesn't exist and has been in development for how many years? Honestly, and I'm being serious here, I'm going to be surprised if this thing ultimately doesn't end in criminal charges at this point. Civil law suits will obviously happen, but all it's going to take for fraud charges is some kind of documented evidence that they continued to take money knowing that they couldn't deliver on their promises.