Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
200w.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
We need a thread title change - something to reflect the sheer amount of time this "game" has been in development.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
350 - what I estimated I'd be spending on terrible wow xpacs and monthlies since "the company changed hands"

Do you honestly think that this game is going to be some sort of big success and we're all going to somehow regret posting falling gifs year after year?

Or is this just your weird version of a FOH Zek forum PVP with no loot-n-scoot?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
But honestly, wtf is going on? Unless you want to come out with some honesty and transparency, I am going to assume this.

Brad was desperate, and used his name and resume to throw up one last hail mary. He used his charm to gather a few industry guys, but mostly fans with more enthusiasm than skills, to “build a game”. A cluster fuck ensued, but the cash came rolling in and it kept rolling in. The team, full of passion and zero know-how just started throwing shit against the wall. Too many ideas, changing plans, scrapped work, and the years kept coming and going. But, the checks kept coming in, so why not continue? The team is a group of individuals that doesn’t have many other options, so just keep going giving false hope and broken promises.

8 years have passed and people are just bewildered. We sadly lost Brad. The game hasn’t entered alpha. How many people that once donated to this project have forgotten it even exists? How is all of this even possible?
Yeah I haven't played any of these games (Everquest, Vanguard, Pantheon) but this is what I have gleaned from reading these threads:

Brad was a part of a team on Everquest, with a good team around him and little competition (er... Final Fantasy 11?), they made a successful MMO (for the time) and he played his part as a cog in the machine.

On Vanguard, the genre had blown up due to WoW but Brad didn't understand the reasons, increased competition as every studio scrambled to make their own WoW meant a worse team around him and less player interest, so they had no success.

On Pantheon you now had a cog in the Everquest machine elevated to dev god status but he just didn't have the skills to lead a project. He understood this which depressed him, his hail mary failed, but at least it was a machine to get him a little cash and status in his small pond.

Now he's dead and the genre progressed past his ideas long ago. It's sad.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
350 - what I estimated I'd be spending on terrible wow xpacs and monthlies since "the company changed hands"
Wow, I'm actually surprised. I would have thought USD$1000 would be the minimum required for this amount of emotional investment.
You're a cheap cultist, Nirgon. :emoji_smile:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Do you honestly think that this game is going to be some sort of big success and we're all going to somehow regret posting falling gifs year after year?

Or is this just your weird version of a FOH Zek forum PVP with no loot-n-scoot?

It's a weird version of something for sure. See you on the pvp shard I hope.

Rather give my money to a true mmo startup than Bobby's Dirty McDonalds of Horror.

Zinc and others have contributed to 2477 pages of emotional investment, and counting.

See you launch day.