Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 408525

I got a lot of brown and slow dev time jokes in but went a bit too far and killed the mood.
You just went way too fast. You can’t just drop in that many brown, I love underwater zones, I only check in ever half a decade within minutes.

This was funny tho

5420E81F-A128-4988-AC89-B1535E70FE53.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Spring is here, and though the towering Ulon Trees of Sorhiryth may not yet be in bloom, the team is hard at work as always to bring the world of Terminus to life.

:)

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I swear every time I watch a stream or read an update, they are adding some new system or resource to manage. This month it’s the new “Technique” system and the new “Readiness” resource.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol @ the road to alpha items. 3 items complete and the other dozen or two are a mix of in progress and to do (more to do than in progress). At this pace we should be in alpha slightly before the next century.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
“In addition to crafting, design is heads-down reviewing the data and findings from our QA team”

1650626510885.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
LMAO they are still figuring out how to do "networking", they don't even have a way to be an MMO yet.
My first thought. Almost 9 years in and we are working on networking now. 9 frickin years.... Starting crafting? What in the fuck have you been doing for NINE years.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My first thought. Almost 9 years in and we are working on networking now. 9 frickin years.... Starting crafting? What in the fuck have you been doing for NINE years.
Someone said a while ago that they don't even have a persistent database and alpha tests are always fresh/premade characters.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could have swore I saw a video a long time ago about how awesome-sauce their networking code was. How people all over are going to be jealous that they arent using it.

This "game" is nothing but a smoke show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can't they just pull some artists to work on server code? Or am I missing something? Haha ya know? Man.

Why does a project that after eight years still has a "roadmap to alpha" have artists on board? Why are they employing people to do things that usually come much later in a game's development when they have less of a core product to show than many hobbyist projects?