Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
The team selected his name from a lottery to come to California and be their notable guest attendee for his podcast.

Wow they really lucked out randomly picking the name of someone who would be willing to spend the next five years doing unpaid promotion for their game out of a hat!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
In my personal opinion, I didn't have the "Moxy" of Minus, the "Relatable" of Baz, or the online "Charisma" of a Nathan Napalm, so I left the idea of content creating to them. They have done an excellent job holding down the fort during these challenging times. Sadly, most of the content creators bailed on the VR team. I give these three content creators "mad props" for their conviction to the project and for seeing it thru to the end. I am sure they are receiving some incentive, whether it is cash or recognition, I can't say. Keep up the good work, Guys. Make Brad proud.

One of the things MInus beat me to the punch on was the idea of taking all of the content creators together and forming a community. It was the same idea I wanted to do, but he beat me to the punch by a few months. However, I was the first person who came up with the idea of offering prizes to the Pantheon community if people got involved in my community. I gave away a few Pantheon swag items, which weren't cheap. I am not sure if it will be the same in the future. I know they have recently given away pledge packages, and none of the content creators have any money to throw away for such low-view numbers. I am still waiting after two years to see if Therek gives away those 50 Pantheon T-shirts as he promised.

I am glad that this community has allowed me a voice on the forums to be honest with people and call the bad actors out.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't worry sir, you have tism, and that's all that matters when relating to pantheon hopefuls.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I give these three content creators "mad props" for their conviction to the project and for seeing it thru to the end. I am sure they are receiving some incentive, whether it is cash or recognition, I can't say. Keep up the good work, Guys. Make Brad proud.
It's been 9 years of just taking people's money with nothing to show for it. Don't give these proxy-grifters a pat on the back for perpetuating the grift.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just a reminder of where the money went.

DFmvpn7V0AAVJ_c.jpg

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just a reminder of where the money went.

DFmvpn7V0AAVJ_c.jpg
Couple people on this board have probably donated enough for the bus stop marketing. I always felt like Brad was targeting some investor that he knew was always in that area. That, or he was just drugged out of his mind and needed to believe in his own copium. Both are valid.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I remember hearing that they were spending at least a million dollars every 50 days for the network in the early years of development. It was only to have it turned down years later when the new network guy was hired. The staff claimed that there was a lot of spaghetti code in the network, and they needed to change the programming from basic C to another form of C. I understand that the disposition system was critical to Brad and his vision. The current staff was the same as when the original code was implemented. Sounded like a stall tactic to me for more time. I admit the progress in the last two years has been dramatically improved against what they had initially, I will agree. But nine years is way too long to be in development. Someone needs to call FTC and get the ball rolling. There are pending reports of fraud and embezzlement, employees taking trips to Hawaii, and possible employment violations. To name a few things are commonly mentioned about their company.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I remember hearing that they were spending at least a million dollars every 50 days for the network in the early years of development. It was only to have it turned down years later when the new network guy was hired. The staff claimed that there was a lot of spaghetti code in the network, and they needed to change the programming from basic C to another form of C. I understand that the disposition system was critical to Brad and his vision. The current staff was the same as when the original code was implemented. Sounded like a stall tactic to me for more time. I admit the progress in the last two years has been dramatically improved against what they had initially, I will agree. But nine years is way too long to be in development. Someone needs to call FTC and get the ball rolling. There are pending reports of fraud and embezzlement, employees taking trips to Hawaii, and possible employment violations. To name a few things are commonly mentioned about their company.
I've said this before but it's a grift like some charities are a grift.

Grift charities hold fancy celebrity balls that barely raise more money than they cost, pay themselves a great wage and "raise awareness" instead of actually donating the money to their chosen issue.

So these guys are putting on a show of being a dev at work, get paid and talk about MMOs online... but anything they actually code is demo stuff targeted at new investors and not actually a game.

Compare to those horrific early WoW screenshots that were some sort of unholy abomination of the WC3 engine/models. That's because they were getting all the backend stuff like networking and databases operational, then added the pretty stuff on later, having a functional game very early on.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Chris in response to your question. I dont honestly know. Ten years anniversary date is growing near and yet we have not seen one completed zone. Bits and pieces here and there, but i feel compelled to believe them for some odd reason. The content creators that are remaining are hard to read too. I can't honestly say that they are on the payroll, but it would not surprise me if were bending the rules a little bit. They claimed they hired four more employees in their art depeatrtment. Work for hire or real employees with payroll deductions and taxes? I am surprised that someone has not already called the Feds or FTC on them like they did with COE. All their licenses are all in good standings, but their FTB license is not. which the organization where you pay your local business California taxes. Recently, they have been using their federal tax license to get around this loophole. You have to make at least a million dollars a year in revenue in order to pay corporate taxes on their business. Over eight years now, they have not reported any payments of corporate taxes to the DOR. Investments arent taxable either. These are some slick Moffos.

If you say anything negative about them, they will lock you out of your pledge account and make you wait to be banned on the first day. Legally, you have a contract with them. They keep talking about a higher entity watching over them. Personally, I think it is a bad way to conduct business with someone who gave money to help their project. Being transparent has never been one of their finer points in business. I dont want to be the one who shits on the bed here but God damn man. Enough is Enough.

Compared to the other games 10 years is not bad considering their studio size with some other games taking at least 7 years (ESO) with bigger staffs, Again, personally, i have been targeted and I have gone to the mods for help with no luck. Some of their communities have tried to start some shit with me outside the development cycle. They have tried to affect my game play inside MMOs, tried to get my online accounts banned, and have been threathen on the phone. If everything was on the up and up, then why are they hiding behind the McQuaid name when it comes to public corporate records knowing he will never response because they arent ready to pay the huge tax bill yet. On last night's stream Bazgrim talked about an angel investor who donated funds to pantheon in 2015 which would been Jason Epstein with Darkpaw Games (currently he still owns 10% of Darkpaw according to the public records.)

You can't really fault them because work is still be done but at a snail's pace.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They are still hiring and started with almost nothing.

Comparing them to some billion dollar dev house acquiring globohomo megacorp is crazy.

Not as crazy as hoping for a classic style MMO to some, but, it might come up.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Which one of you is starting shit with my boy Mr. Sox and trying to turn him on me? Fess up.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Y'all leave this nice man alone, and quit falsely accusing me of whatever happened to him.