Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Who really knows what is happening behind the scenes. Joppa made the comment recently that nobody has left and all these new hires are the team expanding, including the programming department. And I guess Joppa and Tehom are doing some coding as well, so there's that on top of the dedicated guys. Steve finished the banking system, he's wrapping up the death mechanics now, apparently they want the "purple club" from EQ. Which is fine by me.

I watched the stream. I actually liked it. We'll see if they can pull this stuff off. There's a ton left to do and prove.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
No more Kickstarters for me.
People in the Ashes community pay $2500 for their early access. A lot of them paid thousands of dollars for cosmetics they don't even know what they do in the game yet. You can't even get a refund in America. European laws are different. Steven can sell the company now and the new company has to honor the old agreement whatever that is. Stephen walks away with most of his money at that point and the company gets stuck with the rest of the bill.
So, I don't feel that bad after all.
Most of the Ashes VIPs are fucking crazy. They write 95 pg powerpoints on people.

you're a fucking moron, my guy. Steven cannot sell the company, he's not in charge of the finances. I am friends with a game engineer who is actively employed and working on AoC; I am straight up telling you, you are a fucking idiot. Nothing of what you say in regards to ashes of creation is remotely true outside of the stalker-ish comments you make.

God damn, reading your trash is mind blowing and you should have been delegated to the rickshaw by now in years past, for your stalker behavior. Why is this mutt continuing to post?

• 2Mic Drop
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Steven is the creative director, and his husband is the purse strings. if the game is fully funded from the start, then why do you need to sell cosmetics? Remember there is no refunds on cosmetics after 90 days. Noone knows what they are or what they go on? What if Steven does a Brad? How are you going to get your money back? You are putting your faith into someone's marketing campaign from inside the game. People are being dimed and nickled every month and the FOMO concept is always present. This practice is so predatory.

What are you going to do if Steven takes the money with his husband, and they leave together? And sell their interest off to another company like 10 Cent or the MLM Mafia? It has been a huge financial burden on them for years. Remember all records are public in California.

On the other hand, I know Joppa would never think of something like it.

I am not Gigabear. But he has raised some interesting issues on the unofficial AOC discord forums about the financial status. Apparently, Steven has had some dealing with the MLM mafia out of Vegas. He could not afford to keep Michael Bacon, so Michael went to AGS. Over the last year, he has lost a lot of key people to other ventures. I know it happens. But it is not a good sign.

I won't play Ashes it's not my style of game nothing but an Archeage clone. The discord is a very toxic place. Some of the PI people like to run over players. This is one thing that bothers me about these kick starters. You can start out as a positive player but if certain players don't like you, it doesn't matter how much you spend. Then, you say something and then they try to get rid of you, taking tour money in the process. Roshen specially told me he doesn't like me because of Liz Woolley in discord one night. 90% of the staff is former Daybreak or Soe employees. Steven should have not made Giga mad. However, Giga took his revenge a little too far. Steven got doxed. Jahlon made a 95 pg. PowerPoint on Giga. All of the people involved were wrong. I have listened to all sides, and everyone needs to chill out. Steven has more money. So, he has the loudest voice in the room. The gaming industry is a very cutthroat business and people hold grudges. Kind of bullshit.

I heard Roshen is running a special on embers, 2 for $20. He has thousands of them in stock right now. Hurry Hurry.

Any game company that shows you art before the network is a scam company. Look at COE for the perfect example. The art has to match the network.

The AOC Alpha one stream was a networking mess. Combat mechanics looked decent, but you have Throne and Liberty coming down the pipe to fuck Steven up if Riot doesn't do it first. Steven has a little money but not a level of an Amazon or Riot.

Steven got banned from Archeage because his guild was doing all the RMT on the server. He tried to bribe the Gms 10 k into letting him come back but they refused. So, he started his own RMT company. How do you expect someone who claims they won't RMT or P2W when they were busted for RMT in other games for the same thing? All of these gaming company plan to boil frogs in the future.

When you put your business out in public or tell someone a secret then it's not a secret anymore.

I like Steven even though his staff layoffs from a previous Daybreak release years ago.

It takes at least 30 million dollars to license your game in Europe for the first year and then people can get a refund at any time. Three words for you. My dot com. Lol.

Last edited:
  • 2WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would you not sell cosmetics? It is clear that the market exists for it, so why not do it if you can make extra money? Please see Star Citizen as an example of the ridiculous amount of money a company can make on that concept.

Is Steven Narcissist and a control freak? He might be. You kind of have to be, to be in the position he currently is in. There have been design features he thought were good for the game that were changed by the greater opinion of the forum. He does actually listen when an issue goes to far. He does this, because in the end a company has to make money regardless of how much he wants a feature in the game. A good example of this was his opinion of " Log in rewards".

What do you mean by shows you the network? Server design? That was what Alpha 1 was all about. It was a cluster fuck but that was kind of the point. If you mean play design, they already stated that a lot of that was getting revamped due to player input. That is a good thing usually.

AoC is Probably fully funded but that was an estimate based around trends of market and a generic understanding of programing. Our society has gone through some changes since then that include some of the highest pay raises and inflation in recent history. I am pretty sure that estimate has now been thrown out and it is good that the company did have the extra income coming in. I am hoping that we start seeing some actual game design now that the new graphics engine has been imported into their system. The combat animation was a start but they have a long way to go still.

As much as I would like Throne and Liberty to be the next big thing, I am weary. So far, all we have seen is some pretty videos showing how the game looks. We have seen claims as to what they want to do with it but until we actually play this game, there is no idea to the design's success. It is a Korean game and that right there is a flag of concern. I would have thought we would be seeing a lot more about this game given how close the release is supposed to be. The only reason I have any excitement for the game is because it is the only game coming out in the near future(If it actually comes out 4th quarter).

I want AoC to be a great game, but what I want and what actually happens often conflicts. I think the next year will give a pretty good idea whether or not AoC has a valid chance of becoming a big game.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
iu

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I want every game to succeed. Don't get me wrong but everyone can't be a winner. It's not possible and over the years the reservoir of players has been slowly divided so many times to the point that the remaining players can take a drink of water without fighting over the ladle. There will always be the next big thing as long as there is interest in the smaller stuff.

People are fickled. it's a developer's worst nightmare. Developers should make the game they want to make and then let the people pay for it. You got to have the money and the staff first. If you don't understand the market and what people want as a developer, then how can you add the features to the product later in the future. The features should have been there to begin with the game, right?

Pantheon needs to let people create add-ons for their game like wow.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Let me predict the future here.

Amazon Microsoft and Riot are tired of playing around with the little ankle-biting Kickstarter companies. Expect them to take over the market with mobile apps in the future and bleed out the public of all of its available resources. They have the resources and the money too. When the remaining fallout then they will get the remaining companies to join their umbrella corporations and be under their labels. They will then turn around and raise the prices and make the claim- look what we have here more games more money, but you are getting a deal with all of these new options.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That's right, and speaking of them, I hope these ankle biters enjoyed the stream from the big dogs at VR

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
For those that don't understand why we make fun of the insanely slow progress of Pantheon over the "years"....

This is built in functionality of the Unity engine, and it is from 4 years ago. The tools are even better now. Every time you see the same zone over and over, and they put out videos showing off their ability to make a rock look "more like a rock" or add day/night lighting cycles that literally are built in features of the Unity engine, it just wreaks of bullshit.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You can start out as a positive player but if certain players don't like you, it doesn't matter how much you spend. Then, you say something and then they try to get rid of you, taking tour money in the process. Roshen specially told me he doesn't like me because of Liz Woolley in discord one night

Crazy how every community seems to target you with disdain and ridicule. It must be everyone else's fault.

And I have no idea who Roshen is, but I can say with 100% confidence that he never told you he doesn't like you because of Liz Woolley.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
For those that don't understand why we make fun of the insanely slow progress of Pantheon over the "years"....

This is built in functionality of the Unity engine, and it is from 4 years ago. The tools are even better now. Every time you see the same zone over and over, and they put out videos showing off their ability to make a rock look "more like a rock" or add day/night lighting cycles that literally are built in features of the Unity engine, it just wreaks of bullshit.

Ya they did the back end work first. They're hiring artists now and signed a few.

They're fully funded. Your day is coming. Get ready to hand that note to your guild master.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If it ever does release, it almost would be worth buying just to exploit the ever living fuck out of it. Even if the game sucks, finding and using bugs could be fun. It'll be a good way to start my retirement in 20 years.

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Roshen used to be the Brand Manager at Daybreak right before the Jason Epstein smear claiming he was working for the Russian Mafia and Columbus Nova. He was let go the day before the story broke. I was told about the story six months earlier in Discord. I am not sure why I was a nobody. For some reason, everyone thinks I am the guy that has all of these connections and media sources to bury companies into financial ruin. I am just a normal player who pays attention to things. It's not a secret if you tell someone but sometimes, I am wrong.

After Gordon Wynn slipped up and let the cat out of the bag about Liz, I have been a target for harassment. Maybe she got pissed when I called her and complained to the company. I don't know and I don't care. Roshen worked for Smed at Amazon for a while, and we would talk about things. I recognized his picture on his discord profile even with a beard. He is the community manager now at Intrepid.

Ashes mods are notorious for going into other discords and talking shit about people behind their back if the person did something in their discord forum. I caught Fuppo doing it on a twitch stream about me. Of course, his dumb ass denied it.

I have seen Punthulu do it concerning Gigabear multiple times. One time, Punthulu ban someone because the player was using racial slurs and it even made me feel uncomfortable. When I talked to Pun, he claimed he heard him too, but most people don't know he is deaf which is the funny part. Steven doesn't even pay them to be a mod and they aren't even guaranteed a job when they start.

I would be a good GM because I am fair but there are so many politics involved in games nowadays. You piss off a player today and they are on the phone calling their lawyer.

I am sure someone started a PowerPoint on me somewhere. you know you can note on people in Discord.

Last edited:
  • 1Hodjing