Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
The ones that aren't in the FOH old folks' home here on the forums are still on the loose, except for the one who keeps showing up every morning reporting for duty. i doubt we can find 18 different people to fill the screens on a given night.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Fail Falling Down GIF

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I will agree. They need to bring the graphics of EQ into the modern day. It's not worth canabaling your money maker in the process. So, what do you do? I am starting to see that Pantheon might be the spiritual successor to both EQ and Bradguard. Pantheon is going to be a huge project like Bradguard. Will the people wait for it or will the other games steal all of their thunder?

I find it hard to believe the work-for-hire people won't get mad that new team members are taking their workload and making all the money now. Salary is cheaper than piecework.

EQ2 got killed by WoW from release. EQ2 was totally different from the original. it was weird looking even for me, a fan of the franchise.

Liz Woolley and Jack Thompson are people who hate the industry for various reasons. If you oppose them, they will make it hard for you, especially Jack but he is disbarred now. Liz used him to get to SOE. When Smedley called to offer his condolences for Shawn, he already knew about Liz hiring Jack. Liz settled with John for 2 days of chat logs before he died. Liz went on to sue Social Services which was over Shawn's case. As a gamer, I see what she was saying to a degree and somewhat agree with it. On the other hand, Video Game Companies cater to thuggery from a large group of players. Single players have no chance. All I ever want to do is to play my games in peace. I know it not going to be possible anymore with the current player base.
It's not the content of your posts (well not completely) as much as it is the random ping pong direction with no rhyme or reason that makes your posts look psycho.

For example:
George is a person that lives in Kansas. He has a dog named Fred. Sun light is awesome. Fred likes to eat bugs. Funny is it that life is strange, and nobody seems to understand where things are going. Philosophers have pondered about this for centuries. George called me yesterday on my brand new iphone. The purple version was the only one they had available when I bought it. I got the blue one. Fried pies are great.

It's like what the actual fuck. None of it makes any sense. Individual sentences in the post might make some sense, but as a whole, it makes no fucking sense what so ever.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The ones that aren't in the FOH old folks' home here on the forums are still on the loose, except for the one who keeps showing up every morning reporting for duty. i doubt we can find 18 different people to fill the screens on a given night.
Have a black square for the unoccupied positions.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I had a weird thought tonight. If everything is being centered vertically which is cool, what about the idea that most players only have a certain play window of a few hours of a night. Is it counterproductive for them to spend all of their time climbing up a side of a cliff before they log off? people want to experience gameplay and not climb up a side of the mountain. Not to mention group finder mechanics and such? How are you going to get people to raids?

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I had a weird thought tonight. If everything is being centered vertically which is cool, what about the idea that most players only have a certain play window of a few hours of a night. Is it counterproductive for them to spend all of their time climbing up a side of a cliff before they log off? people want to experience gameplay and not climb up a side of the mountain. Not to mention group finder mechanics and such? How are you going to get people to raids?

Way to be 9 years late to the party. it's almost as if this was discussed in the last few pages on the exact same topic, with the same fucking conclusion.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that climbing is a great exploration mechanic and has been a lot of fun in games like Zelda, Assassins Creed and Genshin Impact.

The world geometry and zone design has to be designed from the ground up for it though. Do any Unity games have that sort of mechanic or are they all bespoke engines?

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yall like ez mode loot pinatas with chars that jump around and spam ice lances.

I like immersive worlds, risk and reward and item loot pvp.

We are not the same.

Go play retail WoW, it is the culmination of every soft ass bitch whine you could muster.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yall like ez mode loot pinatas with chars that jump around and spam ice lances.

I like immersive worlds, risk and reward and item loot pvp.

We are not the same.

Go play retail WoW, it is the culmination of every soft ass bitch whine you could muster.
Somehow I know what difficulty of raids and dungeons you would do in WoW without you even playing it.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Pathetic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Somehow I know what difficulty of raids and dungeons you would do in WoW without you even playing it.

He still thinks fun gameplay is waiting 30 minutes for mobs to spawn while playing on a 44.4 modem in 1990, maybe if they add 10 hour climbing events and 40 hour travel. You can help morons.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Mythic emerald nightmare, watching the same idiots die while the rest of us finished boss. Lmao.

Look.... all the QOL stuff, "pvp doesn't matter, gear doesn't matter in pvp", ezmode travel, instant everything that you washed up has beens need for your low energy sunset years is right there. Plus, "Furor" made it all Timmy'd up for you. You remember Timmy, yeah? Look in the mirror! Go buy a globo hobo WoW box, and see why everything you want SUCKS. Then?! Go apologize to Big Joppper!! He's the last god damned hope!

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
He still thinks fun gameplay is waiting 30 minutes for mobs to spawn while playing on a 44.4 modem in 1990, maybe if they add 10 hour climbing events and 40 hour travel. You can help morons.

Say that to my face when we both got red names on the elf quest :D

How many of you clowns ever broke 2300 in 3s? Jesus.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Say that to my face when we both got red names on the elf quest :D

How many of you clowns ever broke 2300 in 3s? Jesus.

Tell me about that time you ran from Qeynos to Freeport and how 2 hour travel was just kick ass, and how it will be even better with climbing