Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
So they limited classes that can climb perhaps and are giving the rogue a rope.

This somehow means they were working on this feature before they started looking for money, and was the entire point of the game?

I am not surprised you're coming to these conclusions :).
Baseball Fail GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It amazes me how much time and effort you all put into hating a GAME and the people who are working on it.

You really need to get out more.
Barely an inconvenience. Besides, we're trying to get a few more people murdered as we have done before with Brad.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol. 54 thousand posts tells me that Brad still lives in your head. And is quite a bit of effort.

/shrug Your lives seem cringe worthy and somewhat pathetic, but to each his own. Carry on.

• 1Slow
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol. 54 thousand posts tells me that Brad still lives in your head. And is quite a bit of effort.

/shrug Your lives seem cringe worthy and somewhat pathetic, but to each his own. Carry on.
Yet here you are. Pot meet kettle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know for sure that I spend 24/7 in this thread banging F5 for stuff to get mad at!

Or maybe it's on the shitpost browsing routine and take all of 10 seconds per day to see what stupid shit they are adding besides getting a playable base game out.

Is there even any interesting lore for this to be excited at? Or is the promised game sitting in a camp EQ style pulling mobs for hours for 5% exp which you lose when you die trying to get out of the zone?

Edit: tried to find a funny falling gif but I suck at saving them so here, fallingpenguin.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Half the thread is gifs and it's been going for 8.5 years. The two biggest posters, by far, are the two biggest supporters of Pantheon.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
All I'm saying is that Pharone's Quest at least had a crate model and player character model that I actually made and didn't buy from the Unity store.

In about seven years, if I put out a video showing how I have added some textures to the crates and implemented day/night light cycling, I will still be ahead of the production speed of Pantheon.

I'd have a second model built out to show by now, but I haven't gotten a million dollars donated to me yet. That is the way it's done right? I mean I see that mentality being used to ok the lack of development on Pantheon.

Brad Mad incoming in 3... 2... 1

DickTrickle

Nirgon: These are just pre-alpha textures and assets! See how bad the Wow alpha textures were? You're not fair because MCB

Also Nirgon: WoW had a huge team and tons of money behind it, you can't expect the same progress! Pantheon is a much smaller team with not nearly as many resources. You have to account for that and take pity on them!

Also Also Nirgon: All the textures and assets will totally be upgraded to a higher quality and shipped with a fully completed game in three years time.

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I was going to make a joke a couple of weeks ago about them having to start over and completely re-design the game from the ground up to support grappling hooks since alot of games seem to be going after that gimmick now. When I was skipping around the stream I landed at a part where Joppa was talking about using grappling hooks and I about spit my drink out from laughing so hard.

I can't hardly listen to these streams anymore. It's just been years and years of nothing but theorycrafting about a game with almost zero progress in being able to take that theory and make an actual game out of their ideas. They spend most of the stream being defensive about people keep asking them when its going to release and that its going to release when its ready. How dare the pleebs bother theses geniuses with such silly questions.

• 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
for contrast, M&Ms social media releases dont feature people sitting around a table talking about cool new ideas and what they might do next, they're 3 hr long streams of individual devs actually building shit and talking to the community

why cant Pantheon do the same?

nobody expects polish, but they could at least show us something that confirms that they have a consistent vision, they are making progress towards it, and that there is more today than there was yesterday.

it's hard to get enthusiastic for another hr long dev sit n chat. I'd rather watch 3 hrs of a dev braiding elf hair.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish I could make a podcast talking about bullshit fans might want, but I have no intention of implementing, then sitting back and collecting donations.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is Mr. Sox still banned from this thread? It was much more fun with his ramblings.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Is Mr. Sox still banned from this thread? It was much more fun with his ramblings.
He's still stuck in the shaw. His rambling became very spammy in there and even more detached from reality and comprehension. It became less amusing and more just noise.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Then go engage him in the shaw. Even for a fail GIF and Nirgon extremely low effort troll thread, there has to be a modicum of decorum.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I wish I could make a podcast talking about bullshit fans might want, but I have no intention of implementing, then sitting back and collecting donations.

That sounds pretty much like streaming in general, you could be a twitch star? You got big titties? That helps I hear.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users