Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Then kickstart them an extra $100 if you want to pay 15/mo for an unfinished game. Otherwise it's pretty insulting.
What is the difference? Same amount of money is going to them, 500 now is a much more annoying hit to my bank account than 15 a month for two years or whatever.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Then kickstart them an extra $100 if you want to pay 15/mo for an unfinished game. Otherwise it's pretty insulting.
I'm with you that they won't charge the people in Alpha/Beta a monthly fee, but I guarantee you they throw up a Project Greenlight or some shit for $45 when Alpha starts to get more people in on the ground floor.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What with you people asking about paid subs for Alpha/Beta? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
I agree, but notice that Brad was in the thread responding to posts when I asked, and he didn't respond? Maybe I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me. They kind of had that attitude with VG.

Edit: By "that attitude with VG" I mean there were posts to the effect that all MMOs were in a constant state of beta because they're always being tweaked. A "we'll fix that later, just trust us and sub!"

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I don't see them asking is to pay a sub for beta after we already donated to get in. I'm not concerned about this hitting its goals. It will gain traction. Just think some of the stretch goals should be reserved for after the game launches like the air and water content..

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Mother of god , been busy with work and kids today and just see what's happened. How many pages do I need to go back to get caught up on today's drama ? Or just go ahead and get a cup of coffee and pick up from this morning and read it all ?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mother of god , been busy with work and kids today and just see what's happened. How many pages do I need to go back to get caught up on today's drama ? Or just go ahead and get a cup of coffee and pick up from this morning and read it all ?
Donate first then read?!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
They just need to be quick about dropping info and clarifying features.

Is Leashing in or can we expect trains?
This is the kind of thing that theyshouldn'tdo. There isn't any reason to be that specific yet. They need people who want trains, and people who don't want trains. They need to appeal to everyone's fond remembrances of EQ:

"Remember discovering MMOs? Remember when we all took those first steps into a 3D world, full of excitement, adventure, and danger? When monsters and dungeons forced players to work together, the shared challenge bringing all kinds of people together in a community, paving the way towards the future of gaming? Well, we do, and we want to bring that sense of discovery and awe, skill and reward back to a landscape of mass-marketed, mass-appeal, one size fits all McMMOs."

That is what they need to be doing. Trains vs. no trains can come later, after they get fitted for their money hats.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I'll call it now. It gets funded but no stretch goals (well just maybe the first one: Ranger)

Going to need a paid beta and PayPal pre orders for digital downloads to complete the project. Or another kickstarter next year.
This game isn't going to be made off kickstarter's $800k. He has other funding options in mind I'm sure.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm talking in regards to some of the early confusion with the KS. Stuff Brad had to clarify here. They need to update that.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
What is the difference? Same amount of money is going to them, 500 now is a much more annoying hit to my bank account than 15 a month for two years or whatever.
If you can't see the difference, there's really no need to continue this conversation.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If you can't see the difference, there's really no need to continue this conversation.
Its simply a different funding option. It won't be in because it would have required pre-paid tiers for people like you ;-)

The only funding that really sucks are ftp microtransactions.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Donate first then read?!
Hmm , with CC/amazon account in hand I planned on doing just that. But , (and I'm definitely going to donate just figuring out the amount ) I am the only one a bit perplexed at the tiers ? I need to look them over a bit more closely , but was thinking of this being a KS I actually contributed a decent amount to , but the tiers past the 150 range really
don't have much that goes , wow I want that.

Apologies if already discussed , it might just be me and the higher tiers make sense to everyone else.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mine
smile.png
Seriously, exploring an atlantis-like underwater area, with different physics, and different spells that are more effective underwater, etc. will ROCK!
I hope you dont launch the game like Kedge was with massive exploiting and the most fucked up pathing ever. Otherwise, it would be cool if you can pull it off....no underwater content also takes a lot away from the immersive aspect of the game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm , with CC/amazon account in hand I planned on doing just that. But , (and I'm definitely going to donate just figuring out the amount ) I am the only one a bit perplexed at the tiers ? I need to look them over a bit more closely , but was thinking of this being a KS I actually contributed a decent amount to , but the tiers past the 150 range really

Apologies if already discussed , it might just be me and the higher tiers make sense to everyone else.
That is the general consensus for sure. I think 150 is a good one myself. The $45 alpha could be limited and once sold out be bumped up. At least that's what some people seem to think.

I'm sure there was a ton of thought put into the structuring. There has to be 100k old EQ people there missing these games. Toss 20 at it and we are funded!

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Do you really think there is any chance that there won't be a Ranger class? This is Brad "Aradune" McQuaid we're talking about here...
wink.png
I know right!? I'm half thinking this day 1 stretch goal listing is a troll to all us early backers and they come out in a couple days with "HeHaw, here's our real stretch goals". I mean some KS dont even bother listing stretch goals till they're fully funded.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Nope, felt the same way and that's why the primary support is either $45 or $150. I'm set for $45 myself.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
ooooh muh gawd, he answered one of my questions!! Well I'm all in now!! ^_^
Seriously, the Q&A was good. Exciting even. I pledged. What the hell.
Can I log in yet??

DarkAkuma_sl

shitlord
Read over the KS, then the past 20 pages or so here.

I'll be pledging $45 shortly (the lack of paypal payment caught me off-guard).

I share concerns of several people here. I was surprised to see some (to me) core classes as stretch goals. It seems more weird with the declaring that this will have class roles that are neglected in many MMOs, like roles filled by Enchanters and such, then seeing Bards and Monks possibly in a position to not make it into the base design of the game.

I was hoping for more detail on the PvP stretch goal. I'm not a fan of PvP, I just want it's inclusion defined. For all anyone seeing the KS knows reaching the PvP goal could just mean a /duel command gets added. And could mean as much as all servers will be some - off-putting to many - hybrid server.

I wasn't expecting it. I'll throw my name in the hat as one that finds the UGC server stretch goal "interesting". Interesting in that I'd like to know more about it, as I could like it, or not. Depends on how it's done.

The death penalty/corpse run thing in the video surprised me too. My gut reaction is I don't like it. Since your post in this thread counters that Brad, I'm curious to see you better explain things relating to that.

I do find it odd that the class you yourself are known for, a Ranger, isn't a core class. But also find it funny that it's the very first stretch goal...