Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Many of us "negative assholes" have already forked over money, but are concerned that the kickstarter page and tiers are not good enough to reach a larger audience and be funded. We want it to succeed, so we're offering advice. generally speaking, people don't want to blindly throw money at something in hopes of it working out, the kickstarter page does very little to convince most people to back it, imo.
Maybe I'm getting the wrong vibe from some of the posts, it just seems overwhelmingly negative from some rather than supportive.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Maybe I'm getting the wrong vibe from some of the posts, it just seems overwhelmingly negative from some rather than supportive.
Nobody is obligated to be supportive. I'm not forking over money simply due to the fact that I have no interest in playing an EQ-like game again, but as I've said many times before, I want those games to still exist. I know there is an audience still out there, I just don't have the time and patience for it these days.

That being said, other than a small handful of loud-mouths, most of the "negativity" in this thread is of the constructive nature. I hope Brad is reading and taking it to heart.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
To me it seems overwhelmingly negative for good reason though. Even people who have backed the game are concerned because there are some glaring issues. A picture made entirely of stock art, stretch goals that I think they thought up about 5 minutes before submitting the KS, the video didn't really sell anyone but the people who would of donated to a blank page, important question being asked and no real answers being given etc. Blind optimism, and unwavering support is not what the game needs to get made. It needs a team that cares as much as the rabid fans who have been drooling over EQ since 1999. If you can't match their enthusiasm for the game then you have no right being the one who tries to make it imo.

fuffalo_sl

shitlord
...I don't see it being funded because Jacobs did a far better job. He researched, pushed, and WANTED his game finished. Brad? Do you? Because this looks like you just made it in your garage a couple days ago.
That's because he did:

McQuaid believes he can pull all this off with the team at Visionary Realms, Inc., which currently consists of no more than 10 industry veterans working out of a garage once or twice a week, with around 10 more awaiting funding before they jump in themselves. Such a close-knit group, he says, mirrors the social experience they want to create with Pantheon.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
For fucks sake Troy is answering more questions on the KS site than any of the actual folks who would like a paycheck and job. That's the problem. Shitty KS tiers and FLASH aside (which are real problems that need immediate attention ) , we should be almost ready to tell Brad to quit padding his post count here , at mmmorpg.com , massively , Reddit , NeoGaf and so on because he won't shut up. Silius should be kissing babies and handing out I love this game and I'm a changed man posts till his fingers bleed.

Show some passion and drive and that you want the millions in the next 39 days , don't drop the KS page in a terrible state and disappear for 24 hours.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My expectations for the game are not that high to be honest, but $100 is nothing, especially since it's for something that's likely to be different than the WoW clones we have gotten in the last 8 years.

Hopefully, I get a decent game out of it...at worse it fails to launch and I lose the equivalent of 2 hours of work...big deal.
smile.png

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, 10am in California? They are probably hard at work improving the site as much as possible, or so i hope!

It's not the amount that is probably putting people off or making them reluctant. Some people just don't like to blindly throw money at something you pretty much have only marketing speak for(and if we gave into that, every game would have been amazing for the past 15 years) and the reputation of the person running it.

And things like this. It just seems so disorganized atm business wise. It's literally every thread on these boards where people talk about what they want in a game.
The people doing a lot of the complaining are all people who have backed the project. You can't post on a project on Kickstarter unless you backed it, so it's not like naysayers are saying nay. Those of us who care are just letting it be known that we're concerned for the project. And look at the complaints:

1. You've limited the amount of cash that can be donated to around $900k that seems risky when you goal is $800k, and also why have stretch goals that go almost to $7 million?

2. There's been over 170 comments on the KS page, why has only 1 come from the dev team?

3. The videos seem to contradict a lot of what Brad has said here or elsewhere, how does that square? And could you maybe do something about it?

I don't think raising those questions is unreasonable.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The people doing a lot of the complaining are all people who have backed the project. You can't post on a project on Kickstarter unless you backed it, so it's not like naysayers are saying nay. Those of us who care are just letting it be known that we're concerned for the project.
Dahkoht brought up a good point. You are answering more questions then the people who are asking for millions of dollars. That is pretty shameful when you think about it heh.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Yeah, 10am in California? They are probably hard at work improving the site as much as possible, or so i hope!
They should close shop and relaunch next week with a better ks site. If kickstarter permits that.

Just be upfront - mea culpa x 10. Reshoot some of the video and explain the core differences of Pantheon. Trinity combat, class uniqueness, class interdependence, etc.

And fix the funding tiers and stretch goals.

also probably good to list classes and races that are in at release (non stretch).

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
T
1. You've limited the amount of cash that can be donated to around $900k that seems risky when you goal is $800k, and also why have stretch goals that go almost to $7 million?
Brad can add new pledge tiers any time he wants (limited or unlimited)... so no problem getting more money. I guess the present pledge levels are all "eary bird specials".

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
800k pledge goal is scary...
800k will not fund a project like this... 2.5mil weren't enough for a TCG game and Brad wants 800k for an MMORPG?!

What do they want from our money? make a game? Can they make a game with 800k?! seriously? Or are they using the money to create a prototype? The funding answer was vague in the Q&A video.

I said this before; if the pledge goal was less than 2mil it would then feel suspicious.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
They should close shop and relaunch next week with a better ks site. If kickstarter permits that.

Just be upfront - mea culpa x 10. Reshoot some of the video and explain the core differences of Pantheon. Trinity combat, class uniqueness, class interdependence, etc.

And fix the funding tiers and stretch goals.

also probably good to list classes and races that are in at release (non stretch).
The problem is why didn't he see that before he actually hit the 'finish button'? From what I've seen so far, this is the people's Vanguard funded by diehards and half- assed to the finish line. This KS was completely half-assed (being generous).

Brad can add new pledge tiers any time he wants (limited or unlimited)... so no problem getting more money. I guess the present pledge levels are all "eary bird specials".
That's true, of course, but how many people have already visited the page and left because the tier choices available weren't appealing to them? I have no proof, but it isn't inconceivable that thousands of potential dollars have already left that will never return because the construction of the KS page was so piss-poor. Their first impression, the most important impression, was that this KS was being run by amateurs who are just looking to advantage of the Kickstarter cash machine. Yes, you can add them later, but adding it later is never as good as adding them right now and even worse than not having them in the beginning. Unless their stretch goals were just utter non-sensical crap they tossed up on the site to pre-emtively answer questions about monks, bards, etc., why organize your Kickstarter page this way? It's illogical, at least to me.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
800k pledge goal is scary...
800k will not fund a project like this... 2.5mil weren't enough for a TCG game and Brad wants 800k for an MMORPG?!

What do they want from our money? make a game? Can they make a game with 800k?! seriously? Or are they using the money to create a prototype? The funding answer was vague in the Q&A video.

I said this before; if the pledge goal was less than 2mil it would then feel suspicious.
You have to think this is a show of force for another investor. (If he can get at least 800k , the investor will front the rest)