Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Here's a great quote on Kotaku.
If there's one thing I've learned as a player all these years its, players don't know half as fucking much as we think we do. It was basically the community that killed our own game but we were to stupid to know it back then. Be careful what ya ask for.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
All of this doom and gloom about the project never coming to fruition may or may not be true, but it's a pretty safe bet it'll make it to alpha and you'll at least get to play SOMETHING. $45 isn't a lot of money.
It brought Requiem out if retirement... I do believe in miracles, I do!

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Chris Chan's house has burned down kick starter has better marketing...

I mean fuck was the KS page supposed to evoke nostalgia by emulating the web design of 1999?

i'll be getting the $250 lifetime sub anyways, just wish the KS page did not look like something done by a disinterested 16 yr old.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
We don't contribute to kickstarters every time. Get a hold of yourself man. Nobody thinks this is the one, but maybe it will be playable for more than 3 months. Also I enjoyed the hell out of and vg so yeah, Brad gets 250, despite his lack of management skills
smile.png
Oh I calmed it down it all right, yall were sucking his cock before I said something negative. I can't be the only one to remember Shilling vs McQuaidJourneys with Jaye s comment on Brad McQuaid and Vanguard(only thing I could find) FoH boards fucking crucified Brad over Vanguard/Pill debacle. Hate to bring that shit up because he does post here but lets lower those expectations a bit shall we
smile.png

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Oh I calmed it down it all right, yall were sucking his cock before I said something negative. I can't be the only one to remember Shilling vs McQuaidJourneys with Jaye s comment on Brad McQuaid and Vanguard(only thing I could find) FoH boards fucking crucified Brad over Vanguard/Pill debacle. Hate to bring that shit up because he does post here but lets lower those expectations a bit shall we
smile.png
Now that you've gotten it out of your system go buy the 45 tier.

I'm hoping he doesn't think his one update , while a good one , is done and now they can go back into 24 hour blackout. They have a month to push it , virtually shake hands and kiss babies and basically beg for money. This wait for outcry then respond a day later isn't the way to do the KS.

Act excited about it and almost like you can't shut up because you want the game to be made and made well. Shouldn't be that hard for him to realize this and do this.
/agreed

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
For me it's a test to see how he handles the next 39 days. I've pledged 250 and plan on sticking with it. It could go up though , or be pulled completely which I am sure lots of others are thinking also of both options , preferring to back even more.

If he chats it up more everywhere from here to Massively to name whatever other cesspool of a gaming site you want the next month , along with other team members , constant updates on the KS site and comments from any of the team , genuinely and excitedly pushes the game , it should fund well over the 800k. Again if I was in his position I just can't imagine not wearing myself out talking to everyone who would listen everywhere and making sure my other team members were also. Jacobs would post on massively and mmorpg threads constantly himself and directly interact there as Brad does here some , but did it many , many times a day , every day while his KS was going on. Constantly.

If it's like the past 24 hours , where finally one update , more excitement from fans and Troy seems like more of the dev team than the dev team does itself on the KS thread , easy enough to pull the backing on the last day.

Which is the last thing I want to do , I want to be irritated because he introduces a higher tier with some nice physical swag that I can't pass up and bump up to.

He doesn't have to answer specific mechanic questions with any certainty , but he does at least have to act excited about the game.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
For me it's a test to see how he handles the next 39 days. I've pledged 250 and plan on sticking with it. It could go up though , or be pulled completely which I am sure lots of others are thinking also of both options , preferring to back even more.

If he chats it up more everywhere from here to Massively to name whatever other cesspool of a gaming site you want the next month , along with other team members , constant updates on the KS site and comments from any of the team , genuinely and excitedly pushes the game , it should fund well over the 800k. Again if I was in his position I just can't imagine not wearing myself out talking to everyone who would listen everywhere and making sure my other team members were also. Jacobs would post on massively and mmorpg threads constantly himself and directly interact there as Brad does here some , but did it many , many times a day , every day while his KS was going on. Constantly.

If it's like the past 24 hours , where finally one update , more excitement from fans and Troy seems like more of the dev team than the dev team does itself on the KS thread , easy enough to pull the backing on the last day.

Which is the last thing I want to do , I want to be irritated because he introduces a higher tier with some nice physical swag that I can't pass up and bump up to.

He doesn't have to answer specific mechanic questions with any certainty , but he does at least have to act excited about the game.
Completely agreed. We're now sudo "shareholders", I hope to hear many updates for the remaining KS and the rest of development, its only fair.

We'll be adding more tiers over the next little while, so be sure to check back often, and please, feel free to continue to make suggestions. Maybe there's something you want that you don't see? We love to hear from the players.
Make the second bonus account from the upper tiers also alpha-enabled please.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Trending towards 1.4mil... I can almost see the New Content: Adventure Area already!! What exactly does that mean anyways? Upon game release, isn't every zone a "New Content: Adventure Area"?
Ya lol, i think the next focus, besides the media blitz the whole team needs to do (we can help spread the word, but the Pantheon Devs should help as well =P), should be on revising those stretch goals.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just don't think the KS page properly hyped the features that makes the game 'old school' and 'hardcore'.

Look at Project Eternity for example, their whole PR campaign was built around the idea of Baldur's Gate + Planescape + Icewind Dale meshed into a single game. The pantheon page/video has too many standard MMO cliches.

They need to hire a copy editor to go through the KS page, and they also need to change one of the bullet points under the Game Tenets:

"An expectation that the path of least resistance should also be the most entertaining"

Doesn't that directly contradict what this MMO is supposed to be?

bigdogchris_sl

shitlord
Ya lol, i think the next focus, besides the media blitz the whole team needs to do (we can help spread the word, but the Pantheon Devs should help as well =P), should be on revising those stretch goals.
The high end teirs should be hidden. You don't want to make people think that without 6 million dollars the game will suck.

Also, some people talk about stretch goes and how they should correlate with the additional work required.

I just don't think the KS page properly hyped the features that makes the game 'old school' and 'hardcore'.

Look at Project Eternity for example, their whole PR campaign was built around the idea of Baldur's Gate + Planescape + Icewind Dale meshed into a single game. The pantheon page/video has too many standard MMO cliches.
I can see that. There are a lot of UO, DAoC, Meridian59, etc people who want something new.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
yes. its another zone added to the game.
if it goes for 1m. lets say 10 zones in the game. if they make 1.4, they add another and have 11 zones.
This is what I am afraid of. They should dissolve the 1.4 stretch goal and hype the 5.1 Additional Continent. Besides, that will bump the monk lovers one step closer so they can leave the rogue class alone
smile.png

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord

100% agreed. Eternity knew exactly how to push the buttons of their target audience.

Pantheon devs need to push this aspect of it more on the page itself. And they all need to make sure someone's around all the time adding whatever comment they can.