Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad-a_skeleton_03 seems to think you plan to reward this forum for helping to get pledgers..

Could you clear that up? I was under the impression a referral system would be tied into the KS site to reward people? Not just exclusively here.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Brad-a_skeleton_03 seems to think you plan to reward this forum for helping to get pledgers..

Could you clear that up? I was under the impression a referral system would be tied into the KS site to reward people? Not just exclusively here.
Working out the details. But people who've helped out will be recognized and rewarded.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That sort of thing is exactly what I mean though. "That would be epic" is the kind of stuff in design meetings that will sink this thing. They can't afford epic. Their "that would be epic" vision needs to be nothing more than "let's see if we can actually make a dungeon as good as Sebilis" or "can we actually make itemization that doesn't suck." There isn't room for pie in the sky ideas. This isn't the place to go wild. Just my opinion.
+1 I just want a seriously great core game mechanics , some great content even if it is limited that runs as smooth as silk. This is why the monk, bard, druid as stretch bums me out. From my experience when you start adding classes is when you step away from the foundation of the mechanics.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Like many others here the idea of this game sounds amazing but this Kickstarter approach just seems shitty coming from seasoned professionals in this industry. I mean why wouldn't you prep is a little better and hit up the forums a bit get at least a small group of support and time it with a Reddit AMA and really pump it from day one.

I am also worried about the price point that many have mentioned already $800k will not get this ambitious of a project completed it just won't happen. So what's the real goal to get a solid core of a game to shop around to larger studios to fund and complete? Sell it off to SoE, Bliz, EA once you can show them proof of concept? I am not trying to be pessimistic since I really would like to see this game made, and I am seriously considering springing for 2 of the $250.00 tier options but before I drop $500.00 on this I really would like to see more than "hey guys I got a great idea". I am sure I can get others interested in this as well since I know a few people who still have the fondest memories of EQ but I just want to be realistic about it too.

Without trying to offend Brad I honestly think and many others here think the same way after Vanguard that he really isn't the guy to lead the project and the company. Brad is the idea guy and amazing at that but if this game really has a shot of making it off the drawing board they either need a real leader or Brad needs to give us some meat to this game. Hell I wouldn't even mind if he said he was just building a core for $800k to shop around at least it would be honest then and I would still drop some cash on it.

That's my two cents, Brad prove me wrong and please give me a reason to plop down some cash on this project and support you in every way I can. We both know $800k really is jack and shit and a couple of angel investors could come up with that for a % without more than a business plan so why set the bar so low what is the real goal here?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Without trying to offend Brad I honestly think and many others here think the same way after Vanguard that he really isn't the guy to lead the project and the company.
I think Brad got it - I hammered at this issue for a while - he has said they are looking for a CEO to replace the chair ;-) I assume that like the game itself, the CEO is going to depend on the kickstarter. Hard to get someone to run the company if there isn't one.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
Like many others here the idea of this game sounds amazing but this Kickstarter approach just seems shitty coming from seasoned professionals in this industry. I mean why wouldn't you prep is a little better and hit up the forums a bit get at least a small group of support and time it with a Reddit AMA and really pump it from day one.

I am also worried about the price point that many have mentioned already $800k will not get this ambitious of a project completed it just won't happen. So what's the real goal to get a solid core of a game to shop around to larger studios to fund and complete? Sell it off to SoE, Bliz, EA once you can show them proof of concept? I am not trying to be pessimistic since I really would like to see this game made, and I am seriously considering springing for 2 of the $250.00 tier options but before I drop $500.00 on this I really would like to see more than "hey guys I got a great idea". I am sure I can get others interested in this as well since I know a few people who still have the fondest memories of EQ but I just want to be realistic about it too.

Without trying to offend Brad I honestly think and many others here think the same way after Vanguard that he really isn't the guy to lead the project and the company. Brad is the idea guy and amazing at that but if this game really has a shot of making it off the drawing board they either need a real leader or Brad needs to give us some meat to this game. Hell I wouldn't even mind if he said he was just building a core for $800k to shop around at least it would be honest then and I would still drop some cash on it.

That's my two cents, Brad prove me wrong and please give me a reason to plop down some cash on this project and support you in every way I can. We both know $800k really is jack and shit and a couple of angel investors could come up with that for a % without more than a business plan so why set the bar so low what is the real goal here?
I don't want to offend you either, but many people have already raised the same concerns as you and Brad has addressed them. Currently, Brad and team are working without pay. They are experts at making games, not doing kickstarter campaigns. They are listening and considering all of the good advise that people have been giving. The Kickstarter tiers have already improved, did you see the page on day one? Also, I have followed many Kickstarter campaigns and I've never seen so many updates in such a short period. They are extremely active all over the internet. It's not like they are sitting at a computer hitting F5 on the Kickstarter page. I see Brad posting to groups on Facebook, tweeting, posting regularly here, the team is responding to comments on the Kickstarter page, Reddit is going on...etc. They have articles out from all of the big MMO/gaming sites. They have another big article hitting likely Monday from PC Gamer.

The community is amazing, we're all out there beating the pavement to make this project happen. If you want to see the game made, pledge and tell those people you know about it! Also, look around, you will certainly find your answers.