Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Now that SOE dumped Vanguard, why not rebuild the networking of vanguard, polish and relaunch the fucker and make a kickstarter to do it . ..
Smed wouldn't sell even if you had the money. Bullshitting about secret "business reasons" that we wouldn't understand. Much amusement in the ovf thread.

only options are helping the vanguard emu team or file a class action.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Smed wouldn't sell even if you had the money. Bullshitting about secret "business reasons" that we wouldn't understand. Much amusement in the ovf thread.
yea Sony isn't parting ways with the server code or IP for Vanguard. They will toss it in the dumpster and not think twice.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Goku... so many good fan artwork now. On a more hilarious note, I even noticed one with Goku vs. Superman vs. Popeye. Sorry didn't include the image this one was more awesome.

rrr_img_58340.jpg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Lysis

N00b
I never lost a corpse either, but there was an incident in Plane of Fear that was pretty rough. 2 groups went into PoF before prime time trying to be uber, they died. A lot. We took 2 more groups to CR. Now 4 groups of naked people.

We finally got some help from the entire guild and friends, LoS and others, but that shit was pretty tense for several long, scary hours. All because 12 idiots tried to show off or whatever.
I loved that this could happen. I've seen it happen to other guilds and it was terrifying ordeal for them - the results of hundreds of hours of gameplay potentially decaying. And it allows other players to actually be heroic. Or maybe laugh at or taunt them because you actually don't like them.

Those mechanics worked throughout the game to create tension and drama among players. Sometimes it made you feel like a hero. Sometimes it ripped your guild apart. Sometimes your plants die. Or your wife leaves. then you ebay to keep the house and start on a new server. Man, I miss this game.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Damn no love for the the kryptonian at all it seems.
Yeah, nerds tends to masturbate furiously to that awful dragonball shit. There is a problem when the gayest character in the fight is not the one wearing blue tights with red underwear over the top of them.

Also, Popeye would fuck them both up.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Whelp , 20+ pages of catching up after not being able to read any since last night. (it snowed 3 inches unexpectedly in Bham,AL which mean the world went to hell)

I got through the WoW vs EQ for harder part (honestly who gives a shit both were fun) , and am pleasantly surprised to find out that I am not the only one in these parts who enjoyed Lineage 2 as I saw it mentioned. I played on the Korean servers about a year before the NA ones launched and just loved the game overall. Music to PVP to graphics at the time , plus my Azian fetish (married a Laotian and have a 2 and 4 year old who are my future farming team) helped on that. I only started lurking on FoH around 05 but didn't really remember many L2 fans, assumed I was the only one.

Any now back to the point of this thread , the trainwreck of my beloved hope for an old school game. I haven't gone to the KS site yet , I'm guessing due to the whirlwind of topics here it was a dead day basically and we are spiraling further in this thing not happening ?

(and last part of my blathering post , sorry for getting the time zones on the AMA wrong last night Flex , late night bourbon and coke posting does that).

Off to see how many hundreds of thousands of new dollars we have for our beloved Pantheon..........

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Awesome , just awesome. Brad's taken my beloved idea of a an old school mmo and running it into the ground , and my hopes now depend on interwebz superstars bringing it along.

So , now my genuine hope is that SOE is really releasing fully fledged dev tools with EQL that will allow everything from class design to PVP rules and so on. If so I know there are enough hard core folks out there to make me a Black Company setting PVP continent or remake of EQ or whatever.

Not pulling my pledge, in it for the long run , but just have to laugh to not cry at this Kickstarter...........

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Goku would beat the living shit outta Superman. WoW was never difficult. And Pantheon will fund.

Thread over!
What about the Beyonder. I was an avid comics collector around the time the first Secret Wars came out , (was about 10 maybe ? ) , and still to this day am irritated that Peter Parker pummeled the Beyonder........

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So , now my genuine hope is that SOE is really releasing fully fledged dev tools with EQL that will allow everything from class design to PVP rules and so on. If so I know there are enough hard core folks out there to make me a Black Company setting PVP continent or remake of EQ or whatever.

Huge fan of the Black Company. Bit of a derail but what else is there to talk about right?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Huge fan of the Black Company. Bit of a derail but what else is there to talk about right?
No shit , have considering honestly picking them back up and rereading , been a while. Would definitely be a niche setting but an rpg based on the setting would be sweet , done right of course. Everything from The Lady to Soulcatcher and Limper. I usually use "Toadkiller Dog" to name my pets in game when you have that ability and every once in a while someone will shoot me a tell who gets the reference.