Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So , uh , yeah, I just read the description of the new 25.00 tier. Sorry I'm late to this party I'm sure ,

But , umm, is the point of it to lose money ? Because unless I am really missing something ,all it's doing is encouraging anyone who had bought the 35.00 tier to drop their pledge by 10 dollars ?
I don't think they can edit ones? I'm guessing they want something cheap and appealing for the boogie crowd.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Unless you've been hiding under a rock the last few weeks, you know that Brad Mcquaid, the creator of Everquest, Vanguard, and generally one of the pioneers of the industry, is creating a new MMO called Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

Brad has stated that the goal of his new MMO is, among other things, to bring back the great features that forged Everquest, such as the difficulty and challenge, to a new modern day MMO. Since Project 1999 has worked hard to recapture those days, the player bases between our project and Brad's new game share many things in common, and thus has gathered much interest from the devs and players.

So we are excited to announce that we will be holding a Project 1999 Round Table Discussion with the developers of Pantheon, including Brad Mcquaid, Salim Grant, and Ben de la Durantaye, to discuss their project and gather support to help fund the kickstarter. This informal / casual broadcast will happen live on Saturday, February 1st, at 7 PM Eastern (4 PM Pacific) atTwitch.

All Project 1999 players and Pantheon supporters are encouraged to drop by, as there will be special announcements and giveaways throughout the session. Don't miss this!

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
So , uh , yeah, I just read the description of the new 25.00 tier. Sorry I'm late to this party I'm sure ,

But , umm, is the point of it to lose money ? Because unless I am really missing something ,all it's doing is encouraging anyone who had bought the 35.00 tier to drop their pledge by 10 dollars ?
They added because idiots like Goemoe, Chris and Steve kept repeating in the kickstarter comments that it was vital to have a juicy $25 tier to bring in the hoards of players sitting on the fence. I argued in the comments many times that if they weren't interested in backing at $35 they just plain weren't interested period. These hoards of "fence sitters" that Goemoe is imagining just plain don't exist. About 20 hours since it was revealed it's got 15 pledges; 3 of which seem to be pledge downs from $35......

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Current backers are far more likely to upgrade their pledges to higher tiers. Number of pledgers > all.
This. It's like we are virtual twins at times! Exactly it.. If 1000 people bump from 25 to 50 in the last few days..

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
PhoneticHalo's post prompted me to go review brad's twitter feed. Really hard to wrap my head around the timeline in general.

SEP 9_sl said:
Purposely vague now, but stoked about plans I've been cooking up since leaving SOE. Just had a great lunch with Smed and he's excited too!
OCT 6_sl said:
The core group is assembled. We're evaluating tech & funding options now.
NOV 4_sl said:
We've been deluged with awesome questions! We're done shooting video, but feel free to keep sending questions for future interviews & FAQ.
NOV 4_sl said:
Working as fast as we can, but we need to do it right too.
NOV 26_sl said:
Still assembling kickstarter page. Making the video even better. Will launch soon(TM).
DEC 30_sl said:
PvP infoz will be on the kickstarter site.
DEC 31_sl said:
lol. We have great concept art that shows all sorts of people and locations and they're not all brown, don't worry.
JAN 13_sl said:

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's been said but they should have followed thePathfinder Onlinemodel and funded a tech demo. Make it a lower goal, promise no actual game (since it's been stated that $800,000 doesn't actually fund an MMO yet all sorts of tiers make bold in-game promises) and use whatever money is made there to actually start making Pantheon. Maybe they would have made less overall, but as it stands there's an enormous risk of getting zero funding anyways.

Create a demo, offer to let users interact with it and come back with way more shit for a full-fledged Kickstarter or just try and get the game published.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I would have expected more to be already developed. IE the team kept their day jobs, and worked on the project on the side for a year and developed some real demonstrable ideas/content. Then ask for the funding after showing what they have in mind/are capable of.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This. It's like we are virtual twins at times! Exactly it.. If 1000 people bump from 25 to 50 in the last few days..
Just curious but what voodoo magic is going to make people double their pledges? There is optimism which can be a good thing, but what you are talking about it a new level of desperation.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just curious but what voodoo magic is going to make people double their pledges? There is optimism which can be a good thing, but what you are talking about it a new level of desperation.
At the end of the ks.. That spike we all talk about. If things are close, people will up their pledge. That's not voodoo..

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That last minute spike can only go so far. It can and will happen, but you've got to be way closer to the finish line for it to make an impact on success or failure. I'm not saying it can't happen, but the last minute surge won't fund half the campaign, naturally.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
bet the spike for pantheon is like 30k and brings it into the mid 600k region, barring any drastic events over the next few weeks which change this whole dynamic i.e. a million donors from youtube or something

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really depends. They added that 1000- $25 tier bc they think they have some spikes in backers coming. If they manage to max that, the upgrading will help a lot. They need to fill it out by next week tho.. They have some spikes in numbers coming. Hopefully from a few interviews and the last minute surge. This is going to a be a lot closer than people think.