Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
YAY lol

Aradune, will rangers get tracking eventually?!
[-]AraduneMithara 4 points 7 minutes ago
Yes.

Black_Death

Not if the KS doesn't fund. That's my point, if he needs to come up with his own money to cover it, why didn't he use that money to put a better product out there for the KS. I guarantee you it would be doing much better than it's doing now. He has said on countless occassions that the KS is used to show there is interest. This thing is barely able to get 2000 backers, you think that quantifies 'substantial' interest?
No, I don't think that quantifies substantial interest. My point is that they just don't care. They have the opportunity to get free money right now to start making the game they want to make so of course they are going to do everything in their power (including self-funding the KS to get to 800k) to release the funds. It would be silly for them not to.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Originality is not your friend fail cube.
Come the fuck off of it you retarded cunt, and stop pretending this isn't anything more than it is.. I said in the beginning and I will say it again now that people are starting to catch on.

THIS FUCKING KICKSTARTER IS A FRAUD!!!

It should of been taken down the moment it was shown the funding wasn't for the game but for his studio, we have been debating the merits of this fucking thing from top to bottom but the bottom line has always remained the same. It's a fucking cash grab and misleading. What sort of originality would you like me to put in there for you Faggins? Now lay off the white knight routine.

this ks makes the camelot ks look professional. they both had nothing to show at first and only started prototyping as the ks went underway. most significantly though was the pledge that mj would back it himself when it was funded -- though nothing bound him to that claim.
drop the ks. start it up again. work remotely. have a doc/unityprototype, add a $1-only pledge to the new ks (akin to a 'like') and make a statement that if there are 20k backers it will be backed by x investor. have that investor make a public statement.

that said i hope this gets funded

Mahulk_sl

shitlord
I thought history served to learn from our mistakes and not to repeat them... Brad already shown his skills in managing a project like the rise of a game company. I'm not sure why the KS disaster is surprising to anyone.

I dont think we will ever see a niche MMO (like one catered to people on this thread) doing well anytime soon unless they share their ressources with other products. Make the technology and the tools, then use it for various niche (or not) games under one or more banner(s)/trademark(s).

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Corpse runs being in I like.

What are these powerful secret things to help push the KS is what I want to know ? Where's Ut to explain ?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
drop the ks. start it up again.
They can't at this point. They could have before they pissed away all their good will with the community, it might of been possible to pull it down think it through and relaunch it before they started giving interviews and people took notice.

Pandora's box has been opened and out poured fucking despair, misery, and a world of shit, the only thing that they have left now is Hope.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Looked at the AMA saw he was still not answering questions he should be answering (will there be necros) and went back to reading up on aa.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Looked at the AMA saw he was still not answering questions he should be answering (will there be necros) and went back to reading up on aa.
Yeah he half-answered it stating that the pet class will be revealed soon. I dont see why he couldnt have said yes there will be a necro type class since he answered the SK question before posting baout the Dark Knight. IDK how to take that cause a pet class could also be a mage.

arallu

AraduneMithara 5 points 4 minutes ago
We are looking at a three year development cycle, with the last year also being the beta test, broken up into phases. Alpha would be before that, but I can't go into timeframes on alpha now -- too early to say.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
From the AMA:

[?]AraduneMithara 13 points 7 minutes ago
treestick: While we're making a challenging game, but you won't need to grind or camp or do a dungeon for hours on end. Most of Pantheon is designed to be played in 1-2 hour increments.
Well, Tad and Dumar are out.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Reddit is a fucking retarded format anyway. While were at it, lets go back to DOS and message boards. I can't believe this is so popular.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Too many "More on this later" responses.
Blowing through content legitimately is part of the game. Power leveling by killing the same mob over and over again will be difficult. You don't level JUST by earning exp in this game. More on the Achievement System later.
Achievement system sounds like it could be a reconfigured quest grind (wildly speculating here, but it's what I come to expect). Ie, normal exping isn't great, but if you go to all these areas and do all these things, you'll get great exp. Which sucks, because then you run into "Well, I've already done area X, don't want to group there. I need the achievement for area Y."

Bruman

Golden Squire
Hey Brad,

Does the team have a contingency plan if this KS effort fails to fund?

[-]AraduneMithara 24 points 39 minutes ago

We may do it again and we will be approaching investors and publishers. That said, I think we're going to make it
smile.png