Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Looks like at anytime 6000+ people were following..Let's see how much backing that results in..

Does it tell you when it's done or do we just rely on Brad to say bye? Really don't get why people like that place.. Feels like a cluster fuck.
4 and counting since the AMA started!

Lysis

N00b
[?]AraduneMithara 6 points 24 minutes ago
It means likely no dyes at all. What you wear is what people will see. A high level player walking into town deserves to be gawked at. We want players to go, "wow, look at that guy! i want to be that powerful one day". That said, there will be more ornamental or cosmetic items that you can wear, say in a city or village, to express yourself. Their stats will likely suck though, so when you leave the city you'll want to put a different Outfit on.

made me lol in regards to dye
hardcore player: "I'm going to impress those noobs with my elite gear"

noob: "wow, that guy must have no life. or ebay. loser. I'm going to ask him for shit."

Bruman

Golden Squire
If you are the company's CCO -- who is the President or CEO? Is there someone in charge other than you? Sorry if this is answered somewhere but I couldn't find it.

[-]AraduneMithara 7 points 34 minutes ago

We are in talks with some people to help build our executive staff. More on this later.
Yeah, I think we can all agree that what indie starts up need is expensive executive! But seriously, indie developers, you know who the executive staff is? The person writing the game. The person passionate about making a game they believe in, not about how much money it can make.

This just all reeks of trying to go about this in a Big Business way
frown.png

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading through that AMA. There were a lot of really good answers to questions in there.

I'm surprised ( not really) at the negativity considering he just described that exact game I've read asked for by tad and company for my 11 years on the board.

Oh well. Can't now say you never had a chance.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Honestly Brad has to have someone running the show to keep him on track though.
When you have a small team, it should be self-organizing. No one person is in charge "running things". Brad's a kick-ass idea dude. Take those ideas, let developers create it. You don't have typical pyramid management structure (that always leads to nothing but unhappy workers).

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Corpse run bit I liked Furious , the hit against mob grinding and "achievements" instead though could go horribly away from what I want. Achievements could easily be a different type of quest grind. Needs more explanation, as I want to park my ass in an undead zone and grind mobs to level viably , don't take that option away from me.

Bruman

Golden Squire
"Yes. We aren't ruling out a scenario where you can stop and pull mobs, waiting for a rare spawn. Hopefully most of the content will be such that it is more efficient to travel around. 'Camps' may also move around or have different spawn locations. Obtaining the Glowing Black Stone is a great example. Quillmane is another great example. "

nom

Vandraad_sl

shitlord
Oh shit..GBS and Quillmane as 'great' examples? Sometimes I wonder if designers ever experience their own creations. Did the guy who came up with Pyzjin ever think to himself "I wonder just how bad it is what with all the complaints I see" and actually go and try to camp that fucking gnome?

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
[-]arallu 4 points 1 hour ago*

Brad, any exclusive news you can let slip today!? Maybe a chunk of Norrath or Telon landed in Terminus?

[-]AraduneMithara 4 points 4 minutes ago

Each race will have their own starting area.

We are announcing Dwarfs tomorrow.

Also working with P1999 to do some cool stuff -- more on this soon.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Reading through that AMA. There were a lot of really good answers to questions in there.

I'm surprised ( not really) at the negativity considering he just described that exact game I've read asked for by tad and company for my 11 years on the board.

Oh well. Can't now say you never had a chance.
Well dual spec classes, achievements and anti-camping aren't really what I want but I did pledge a bit. However, I've lost confidence in.Brad's ability to execute because of how the KS was run, and continues to be run. I really don't think Brad has accepted that he is a smart design guy but lacks key good management skills and shouldn't produce this beastie.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
How much time have you personally put into the game at this stage?

[-]AraduneMithara 2 points 1 minute ago

My wife would say too much
smile.png

The entire team works 10-12 hours a day, if not more. We've got things turned up to 11, that's for sure.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's wrong with shitty camps if the gear isn't mandatory?
What sucks is we have the AMA now, and apparently reddit doesn't want it.

Graye_sl

shitlord
Oh shit..GBS and Quillmane as 'great' examples? Sometimes I wonder if designers ever experience their own creations. Did the guy who came up with Pyzjin ever think to himself "I wonder just how bad it is what with all the complaints I see" and actually go and try to camp that fucking gnome?
+1 about the gnome.

Quillmane wasn't -as bad- until people started moving away from the game/area. With each expansion, fewer and fewer groups would XP there at aviaks in South Karana, thus Quillmane became more and more of a bitch. (Track/time spawns/kill mobs/track/time spawns....)

The Idea of a named NPC not being static though... I see nothing wrong with it unless you're talking something like Dain Frostreaver, Lord Bob, Trakanon, Venril Sathir, etc.. where it would be retarded to have them "appear" in locations other than their seat of power/prison.

Lysis

N00b
Anyone who has followed Brad's games long enough should know that chatting with fans about his games appears to be what he enjoys most in life. It's a labor of love.