Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Heeh, but its not EQ, it wont be and it never will. They are making something different. This does not even resemble EQ in any way except maybe the world design. This is why I think they shot themselves in the foot by trying to only target the old EQ vet crowd. Instead of branching out and trying to capture more of the modern players. There is plenty of hardcore modern MMO players which would not mind a game with more challenge and risk vs reward.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank you for figuring out what I was thinking about without me saying it
smile.png

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You can spin this how you want but any spin doesn't change the simple fact that there isn't enough interest to even make this game.
Or there isn't any interest to make this game because they were unable to spin this project in any way at all that resonates with anyone other than people who've been watching and waiting for this for years and only needed a promise.

IF they're going to focus almost exclusively on the product in a proposal, it better be really fucking good, and it better be done and nearly ready to launch. Otherwise, only suckers get excited.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So if I write a ten million dollar check to fund the game and the developers give me a one off pair of "Psnties of Piety" is that pay to win?
If you write a ten million dollar check you better be on contract to get royalties out of your investment and be the main incorporated publisher.

Uty also says that if you do not have a design doc, or hell, let's call it the ol' blue print since design doc seems to offend you for whatever reason - you shouldn't be on kickstarter asking for cash.

Uty also says to user name with the vowels gone wrong, I will be writing more ab out Ben because I got a contribution.

zzeris and all: You will hear more about Ben soon. He is the pinnacle between the dwarves and the elves, and is causing a riftbetween the two since driving the trolls back to the swamps where... they have... always lived.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Or there isn't any interest to make this game because they were unable to spin this project in any way at all that resonates with anyone other than people who've been watching and waiting for this for years and only needed a promise.

IF they're going to focus almost exclusively on the product in a proposal, it better be really fucking good, and it better be done and nearly ready to launch. Otherwise, only suckers get excited.
The negativity here is endless...Wouldn't put too much value into what anyone says here in that respect

tad10

Elisha Dushku
This is a really good point - there are millions of people who played WoW who never heard of OT/DT combat, never tried a VG class, and don't know that there really is a better way to do tab targeted combat (besides abandoning it for "actiony" combat).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The negativity here is endless...Wouldn't put too much value into what anyone says here in that respect
You wouldn't put too much value into the opinions of some of the most die-hard, most experienced MMORPG players in North America?

Wtf are you doing here?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Big concern for me is the fact that they seem happy to give almost every backer alpha access... That means they are gonna need server capacity for 5000-8000 people with very high concurrency (if KS funds, of course) as early as 2015.

That could get messy.
Eh, dont think that's a big concern. You want to reach concurrent users of that number per server anyway, and eventually you want several servers (like 6-12 if his 50k subs is believable? not sure really. EVE has 500k subs and cnocurrent peaks of 50something iirc, and alot of catasses). So if your interested alpha users (about 1/10 of those buying in will do more then download, judge in 10 minutes and come back in half a year) need more then one server while you cant have high concurrent numbers due to the state of the project, run two servers during alpha instead of one.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
When you present a logical argument, that obviously isn't jaded by your extreme emotional opinions, then sure, we can talk.

Literally /face-palmed at my desk when I read this
Gets called out for making shitty arguments. Makes another shitty argument.

I smell a qwerty.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord

I smell a qwerty.
I meant what I said, take anything negative here with a grain of salt. If "Experienced badass MMO veterans" like Quaid here can represent the genre in a profound way that makes you actually think, then take what is said here seriously. Otherwise this guy only spews garbage from his mouth, sad he has 2251 posts here.. Way to "represent" the old crowd of MMO players.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I meant what I said, take anything negative here with a grain of salt. If "Experienced badass MMO veterans" like Quaid here can represent the genre in a profound way that makes you actually think, then take what is said here seriously. Otherwise this guy only spews garbage from his mouth, sad he has 2251 posts here..
Ya it's pretty sad that I can work a smart phone, and have a cushy management job that allows me to surf a forum for my hobby all day.

I have a shitty life fo sho.

PS. Your sentence structure makes my sphincter pucker.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok, ladies. Let's focus on this game that is never going to happen.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

I smell a qwerty.
I could go for like a week of Qwerty posting tbh. It's entertaining for a couple of days, especially on slow news days, which is like every day for this KS.