Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah, that's what he said in the beginning of the video.

Celestial Tomb... and no fuckin way he was in CT. We definitely never had insider info, GM help, loot under the table, or even so much as showEQ info. We were just a zerg mob.
maybe they had too much integrity for that?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, I doubt it was PD we were terrible, .

Although we did have a few good sploits, but I think we stumbled upon that WW dragon one with.

roger_sl

shitlord
It was not bad, but i wanted to hear something different for a change and not the same memory lane bullcrap questions, it was showing that boog is more a long time WoW player than an original eq one or else the questions would had been more in depth and original. TB would be a good choice because his first mmo is ps and i'm pretty sure the questions could take a totaly different stance.

Brad , lose the early 80 shirt, you're not advertising for commodor 64.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
I appreciated the video, but interviews often deliver extemporaneous responses. As such, I think an interview or a statement needs to be done by the Pantheon team. Something that will get very deep into the psychology and philosophical view on why this will work. It needs to be explained to people that have not experienced this type of game before. Social interaction, harsh environments, ACTUAL RISKS, huge world due to actually having to traverse a distance, and lastly all of these together harboring immersion. Something I doubt many of the current gamers are even experiencing in current MMO's.

I am saying this in full respect to the team because I believe it will actually work, but the masses do not know why something like this will work.

bigdogchris_sl

shitlord
Yes, but the spawn locations would likely vary. And I should say there will be some long spawns. Some people do enjoy camping. I just want those with less time to feel like they are advancing every day too.
The hypocracy of what I ask for is that mutilation is limited as much as possible, yet do not have TLC or no-drop items.

I think if you mix up the spawn points, it would do a good job to not encourage farming, yet not completely take it away and still keep named up for other groups somewhere else in the dungeon to get the mob. That would help casual groups (1-2 hour play sessions) still get a chance at names and not feel like they have to wait 6 hours to get into a group.

But also keep in mind that some times the named mobs are there representing the area in question. In Sebilis, it wouldn't make sense for the Froglok Chef to spawn in the disco area. It makes sense he spawns in the dining room area.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
. People are off the chain ridiculous with the requests for every fucking detail right downto what fucking underwear is he wearing.
I take offense. That was a very important question to me.
I don't get why people are backing this. .
I'm backing this because:
A.) Brad is sexy and B.) I loved Vanguard and believe in his vision. And every time I start to doubt, I see an interview or read something he wrote and I'm reassured that he's not just full of BS.
So maybe he's just a good pitch guy. Oh well.
At least it's one thing, for one moment in time, I can not be negative and bitter about.
/violin music

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
A.) Brad is sexy and B.) I loved Vanguard and believe in his vision. And every time I start to doubt, I see an interview or read something he wrote and I'm reassured that he's not just full of BS.
At least it's one thing, for one moment in time, I can not be negative and bitter about.
/violin music
His vision and what has been presented to us on the game thus far are vastly different. You should back Camelot Unchained or another other kickstarter/crowd funded game if Brad's pitch has been good.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I take offense. That was a very important question to me.

/violin music
Lol you and Merlin are too much fun. I love how you 2 just have no filter regardless of being married.

People are backing this because it's a game they want to play.. Why is that so hard to get? You either think Brad and team can do this, or you don't. Not too hard to understand.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Lol you and Merlin are too much fun. I love how you 2 just have no filter regardless of being married.

People are backing this because it's a game they want to play.. Why is that so hard to get? You either think Brad and team can do this, or you don't. Not too hard to understand.
rrr_img_58536.jpg

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Boogie has tons of viewers , Brad didn't screw this up , and likely is going to get some good PR and few more bucks out of it for the KS , a low bar yes , but the truth. Trying to spin the interview as bad is just really reaching. There's a mountain of shit to bag on him for in regards to the Kickstarter , but trying to pile on everything and anything is again pointing to some deep personal hatred folks much have for him.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boogie has tons of viewers , Brad didn't screw this up , and likely is going to get some good PR and few more bucks out of it for the KS , a low bar yes , but the truth. Trying to spin the interview as bad is just really reaching. There's a mountain of shit to bag on him for in regards to the Kickstarter , but trying to pile on everything and anything is again pointing to some deep personal hatred folks much have for him.
I haven't seen the video yet. I'll listen to it on my way home from work.. But we all know that NO MATTER what this team does, someone will twist it and make it negative. Lol it what it is.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I haven't seen the video yet. I'll listen to it on my way home from work.. But we all know that NO MATTER what this team does, someone will twist it and make it negative. Lol it what it is.
Dahkoht is correct, there isn't anything to twist, this was a smart move from them. Not sure how many new backers it will reach but in the very least it got the attention of people who didn't know about it.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
You need to watch it, not just listen to it. You gotta see his body language when he talks about the end of Vanguard. It was pretty tough, but to repair an image that kind of shit needs to happen.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
He took on the Vanguard question like a man and handled it humbly and sincerely.

Also the 6-8 group size has me excited as well.