Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You guys said that some of you , maybe not you personally but some, are playing on the P99 server to recapture that old EQ feel. What are your thoughts of old eq. What do you like and what would you change?

Also will you be expanding your combat doc to explain in further detail about the "decks" you speak of and how it all works in more detail?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Brad , I've got to say that overall this is the first time I've been hopeful for this thing to fund. From the AMA to add-on tiers to the Boogie interview , hoping the positive KS improvements both campaign wise and site wise continue. Only reason I (and many of the others) have been critical of the KS is we genuinely want this game. (Leaving aside the obvious trolls).

Also I'm actually interested to see the early dev interaction on the pre alpha early testers. I've worked on the Networking/Sys Engineer side of things for years, and will never have the time to learn true programming or be a dev of any sort , but seeing a project come along from early stages on will be interesting to me. I don't mind doing the feedback either.

Column_sl

shitlord
I like to hear his ideas if it doesn't make the kickstarter funding.

Because right now it looks bleak.

I think very few want to see this fail.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Great interview today Brad, keep trucking along. KS is looking 100x better and keep listening to the feedback. Your team has a very passionate audience that really wants to help this game get made.
You can say a lot of this whole effort but you can't say that Brad hasn't been giving this his all. No matter how this comes out, its something to build on.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I say restart a new KS and do a M59 remake. It is one of the games that inspired EQ and would cost a lot less to build.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I say restart a new KS and do a M59 remake. It is one of the games that inspired EQ and would cost a lot less to build.
M59 was about solo grinding a character into a certain build, then participating in silly little PVP minigames.

Could work. However, it was a PVP game through and through.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
You guys said that some of you , maybe not you personally but some, are playing on the P99 server to recapture that old EQ feel. What are your thoughts of old eq. What do you like and what would you change?

Also will you be expanding your combat doc to explain in further detail about the "decks" you speak of and how it all works in more detail?
You can't recapture the old EQ feeling on those emulated servers because they have such a small community. There are probably 100 people who play on the pvp server. It's kind of sad.

Crux_sl

shitlord
I like to hear his ideas if it doesn't make the kickstarter funding.

Because right now it looks bleak.

I think very few want to see this fail.
From the AMA on Reddit:

Hey Brad,
Does the team have a contingency plan if this KS effort fails to fund?

Brad - "We may do it again and we will be approaching investors and publishers. That said, I think we're going to make it
smile.png
"

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
M59 was about solo grinding a character into a certain build, then participating in silly little PVP minigames.

Could work. However, it was a PVP game through and through.
Which is an interesting point. Solo leveling, yet great communities were formed within the game.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is an interesting point. Solo leveling, yet great communities were formed within the game.
The main reason for that was that online gaming in the late 90s was fucking expensive and children had very little access to the game. So you had the most mature target audience ever. That is completely impossible to reproduce today.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i'm liking more and more about what i'm hearing and seeing with this game. definitely something i'd want to play. even if the KS doesn't go, i'm hoping they can take whatever they do have and find a publisher/investor. forget the $800,000, i'd like to see where they could take this with $15 or $20 million.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The main reason for that was that online gaming in the late 90s was fucking expensive and children had very little access to the game. So you had the most mature target audience ever. That is completely impossible to reproduce today.
I dunno, there were plenty of high school age kids playing. The great thing was if someone was too obnocious, you'd hunt them down
smile.png
Kind of like a good old fashioned spanking to keep some discipline. If you were a loadmouth jerk, you'd suffer for it
smile.png

I think the communities were more about people having a common goal. Starting with pkers vs pk hunters and the strength that came from banding together to achieve a similar goal.

Poin Dexter_sl

shitlord
i'm liking more and more about what i'm hearing and seeing with this game. definitely something i'd want to play. even if the KS doesn't go, i'm hoping they can take whatever they do have and find a publisher/investor. forget the $800,000, i'd like to see where they could take this with $15 or $20 million.
Go overboard, become over extended, and release a bloated unfinished game when the publisher gets angsty for immediate profit?

Lysis

N00b
It is inevitable that VR is going to get funded. It is clear there is support to get this idea off the ground. If this KS fails, I believe they'll be able to recover most of the funds offered this round; either through a new expedited KS (I say that not knowing the rules) or a more direct approach. I don't know if they'll make it to the next stage of funding after that, but I'm certain they will have a chance to.

VR should have a web site up to capture contact information for everyone interested in the project. Something easy.