Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Merlin_sl

shitlord
You've lost your mind. I assure you there were people who checked it out the first week and went "fuck no , he cant even run a KS site , I'm not donating to this".

The idea that he lost no potential backers over the first terrible status of the KS is ridiculous.

It's in a much better state now and does need to be pointed out to those who might have looked at it and said no way.
The thinking from the people I am talking to over on the OVF is,"ehhh, its 2017? I guess I'll look at it then". Just to far away for most people it seems.

Flc_sl

shitlord
On the positive side, with EQN: Landmark's alpha release, Brad and team now have a platform full of rich art assets where they can build their own MMO. I bet Boogie will even harvest some granite and sandstone for him.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I think the disconnect is '3 years from now'. It's not like there is anything on the KS that resembles the game itself in any way so it's hard for the average person to say 'that looks like something I want to play' when they are not seeing anything.

On the funding side, it looks like everyone got all their addon's yesterday since today has been another slow day so far.
The thinking from the people I am talking to over on the OVF is,"ehhh, its 2017? I guess I'll look at it then". Just to far away for most people it seems.
Yeah I mentioned earlier the same thing both of you are saying. I've got some friends who were there when EQ launched and range from no problems with Kickstarter , if it appears decent idea , to others who would love this style of game but are not going to drop a dime (even at a discount) on anything until they can actually play it , literally waiting to preorder the week before early access.

There's no way to get that type to pledge , but they can try and hopefully gather a little steam from the improvements from the KS and interviews , Garriott thing and so on.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
He didn't put 1.5M of his own cash into his own KS. That would be stupid as he'd lose a cut of his own cash. He used that to start his company himself and separate from KS, i.e., hire people and get the basic facts and website completed before asking people for money.

In other words, he was invested, had a complete build document, good team balance, and his niche figured out before he created the kickstarter. This is my biggest complaint from this KS. It seems Brad and gamer insiders don't want to actually pay for anything out of their own pockets. Why should I donate to a startup, if the guys who'll reap the rewards won't even contribute to their own game?
I would argue because they are KICKSTARTING A PROJECT. Perhaps there needs to be a site for the second or third round of financing of a site or project. There is a huge difference. One in which I find the misuse of the world "kickstart" to be troublesome. To me kickstarting implies a virgin project at the very ground floor. Not a polished profuct nearing release seeking a third round of fund raising. I know others who believe the opposite but they deem to just ignore what the phrsse kick start means.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
It's a long camp for a rare spawn =/
Also, bored:
rrr_img_58672.jpg
I would buy that shirt and the Dark Knight shirt posted earlier in the thread in a heart beat. They need to open these T-shirt sales to people who cannot or will not put in a crap load of money. I am only in for $45 right now, but I would drop $20-$25 each for some cool looking shirts.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like the kickstarter has picked up a bit today but no where close to what's needed.
Pretty confidant the game is going to get made regardless of how the kickstarter ends. A better kickstarter just means the game gets made easier/faster/better. There is ample reason to support the kickstarter if you want the game to succeed but no need to get down in the dumps if it starts looking anemic.

Just thought I'd throw that out there and save a few slit wrists.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What about an old-school power-studio? Shroud of the Avatar and Pantheon under the same company. A one-stop shop for all your old-school gaming needs!

They could even work out some kind of station pass sort of thing, where a subscription gets you access to Pantheon as a sub, and gets you SotA bucks in the other. Or where you can "buy" your Pantheon sub with SotA bucks. I'm sure a lot of gamers wouldn't play both on their own, but if they're linked even more, there might be an opportunity there. I mean, I was jokingly going to bring this up at first, but if they were tied even closer like this I'd enjoy playing Pantheon primarily, but screwing around in a UO style open world too, and if they were to make it that much more accessible, I wouldn't have any reason not to.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
On the positive side, with EQN: Landmark's alpha release, Brad and team now have a platform full of rich art assets where they can build their own MMO. I bet Boogie will even harvest some granite and sandstone for him.
We get it. You don't like Brad McQuaid. Stop shitting up the forum with it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yes plus I was high as fuck and nothing I typed was not being autocorrected
I'm sorry, but you got high and put out an incomplete, flawed forum post? So, no matter what sense you make in future posts or how much you explain the situation, I'll never, ever, EVAR trust you again and any post you make I'll immediately make a reply how I remember that one post and demand you burn in hell for it for all eternity.

Signed,

Spurned Vanguard player.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would argue because they are KICKSTARTING A PROJECT. Perhaps there needs to be a site for the second or third round of financing of a site or project. There is a huge difference. One in which I find the misuse of the world "kickstart" to be troublesome. To me kickstarting implies a virgin project at the very ground floor. Not a polished profuct nearing release seeking a third round of fund raising. I know others who believe the opposite but they deem to just ignore what the phrsse kick start means.
If this thread has show us one thing, It's that people have many different opinions on what a Kickstarter should be used for. Seems it's one of the daily arguments that go on here.

My hope is that KS will do about 12-13k today, followed by 12 a day for the next 19. Then somehow get 285k in the last 3 days.. Longshot but it seems the best hope.

No matter what it's going to take a massive last minute funding. Just a question of will it need 400k on the last few days? or 200k?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
if this gets funded and the game gets made, i will give out 10 copies of Pantheon to rerolled.

(it's not going to get funded)

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Almost every single one of these people could have kicked into the $500+ range without batting an eye based on economic situations but just aren't into the KS thing or having a wait and see attitude. These are gamers that without fail order CE's and rebuy consoles with specific editions (and then never play or maybe even unbox the things). Have hundreds of games on steam that they'll never load. DINKs and professional grown children (and to be fair to them, I'm a complete man-child as well so I'm not taking a shot at them or anyone else similar). For context, most of these folks are apathetic with how SWToR came out (and followed it AND bought CE's). They don't have high expectations any more. The overwhelming response was, "what did you expect?". They're used to being disappointed.
Your friends sound like complete morons. I'd get new ones.