Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tol_sl

shitlord
Requesting groupquest kickstarter update. I want to see a map of grouparia. Capital city Groupenhagan, The groupendeep, The plains of groupmoore, The depths of grouperil.

Requesting groupquest kickstarter update. I want to see a map of grouparia. The groupendeep, The plains of groupmoore, The depths of grouperil
I'd also like to know if we can get a discount on subscription pricing usingthis?

When can we expect an opiate laced video droning and stuttering the answers to these questions?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The races are mostly copy/paste from EQ so it's no surprise that some of the zones are basically copy/paste from EQ. Nobody's going to care if the game is fun. I just question how fun this is going to be based on it's budget. What are some of the better MMORPGS that are really small (dev size, world size, etc)?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vu added a pic of his progress of that dragon he was messing with in the earlier videos. He doesn't sound happy with the head, so not sure if it's a finished model. Either way.. I know people were following the videos here.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If that's a completely original model, it's pretty good.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Shee-iitt. You guys are just noticing this now? Maybe it's because I have been sober for over 11 years, but I noticed the same zombie eyed, monotone dialogue in the first kickstarter video ever put on the internets as a directly similar presence from the Vanguard reveal video (the one he did with Jeff Butler). Constant dry mouth (lip smacking), half lidded eyes, and the following statement were dead give-aways: "we won't have to answer to a higher power", when talking about why they chose kickstarter. Any recovered (recovering) addict or alcoholic that is actually putting in the work to get clean and stay clean will tell you a statement like that is reserved for those people who either aren't "getting it" currently, or never will.
Wait. How does everyone know he's on drugs? I thought he was just tired in that video. And I get dry mouth when I'm nervous. Also, if he talked the exact same way in a video from 8 or 9 years ago, maybe he just normally talks like a stoney surfer guy? Is there some video of him to compare these to, where somehow it's verifiable that he's sober?

I guess I'm just curious if everyone is assuming he's on drugs b/c of reports of drug use during VG or...what...?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The map is well done and while some of the names sound a bit generic, it still really looks nice. I completely disagree that it looks much different than before though. Nicer, indeed. Different? I don't see it. I think the land area is exactly what a small game needs for the early stages. We don't need massive content early. We need a well made and fun game. Places I'd like to explore and visit. Looks good but much. much more needed.

Edit- Merlin making me laugh once again. He has no idea how stuff works in life. The reason Ponytail gets the budget, talent, and time to do these things? Leadership, management skills, vision, production, and finishing projects. Everything Brad doesn't have and the primary reason he's having to beg players for money. Not because he wants us to build the game with him. Because he needs us just to get anything going.
Or maybe its not possible to get funding for a game in the style that Pantheon is meant to be. Its certainly not whats getting funded these days or has been since Vanguard.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Planes of Triundia - Planes of Karana(even in roughly the same spot geographically as it was on Antonica)

Lost Lake - Lake Rathetear

Frostfael Peaks - Everfrost Peaks(again, roughly in the same spot geographically as Antonica)

The Falmyrys - The Feerrott

Skyfen Mountains - Rathe Mountains/Skyfire Mountains(there's even a giant dragon, merely a coincidence!)

Desert of A'Moka - Desert of Ro

Now, obviously it's high fantasy so things can only get so dissimilar, but when almost 50% of your overland zones coincide to that extent? Pretty bad..
Lol. They named plains the planes, deserts a desert, mountains mountains, and a lake a lake. Then they put the cold part up north and the desert in the south, with planes in between. This whole thing is cool to hate on, but this is some serious stretching.

The map is fine, but it's just a map. A map is not impressive, because anyone can come up with something in a few seconds, sketch it out in a few minutes, and with some artistic ability, put that together in a few hours. That map is just fine, but yeah, it's just a map. There is plenty here to rip on, this just ain't what you are looking for - try harder elsewhere.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I've been no cheerleader for a while now, but I see no issue with the map. I mean, it's a fucking map so no big deal or anything, but it's nice enough. And considering people were wanting EQ parallels in the beginning, it sort of makes sense. I'd be more concerned on the actual representation in game than overview of a continent.

iannis

Musty Nester
Not to be too much of a dick.. but plains.

I do hope it's at least spelled right on the $15 a month board.

I mean, I make allowances on account of the un-gated, low rent, nature of this community. But surely these diligent professionals are not confusing homonyms.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It looks like plains is spelled correctly on the little map, but not the big one?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, it's a little sad that they didn't know the difference between planes and plains... unless that area actually is some planar shard or something.