Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

delirium_sl

shitlord
"Skullfael - Many wish they could skip this month in Terminus. Tales and legends of all that is unholy are whispered around pub tables and campfires. Frightening unexplained occurrences, deaths increase, and the Asylum of Mental Health and Research is filled to capacity during this time. A tradition occurs the last day of the month in hopes of ending the happenings. until the next year."

This is the 10th month of the year on Terminus. Talking about frightening events that occur on the last day of the month. Translation.... fucking holloween....

Maybe I am being a bit harsh considering most MMOs hold events during actual holidays like Xmas, Holloween, etc. Perhaps this will make it easier but I doubt 1 day in terminus is going to be a full 24 hours so it won't line up anyway.

Lets see "Feastfael" the 11th month has feasts (Thanksgiving.) "Frostfael" the 12 month, Terminusians exchange gifts (xmas) oh and you better believe that Cloudraes showers bring Midwar flowers....

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm well aware of this fact.

Their standards are what dictated the integrity of the show as a whole, and to see that they didn't even have an eye for professionalism proves this point.

Going forward I'm sure you can tie this to a decent portion of their development methodology.
lol holy shit

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Just briefly reading over the calendar information it looks like they have a clear spelling mistake ("romanticanchivalrous nature."), a grammar mistake ("Era's past." Shouldn't this be "eras past"? Unless Era is a proper name from the lore, I suppose), and a really horribly written sentence ("Frightening unexplained occurrences, deaths increase, and the Asylum of Mental Health and Research is filled to capacity during this time." It needs a verb such as "happen" or "take place" with the bolded part in order to sound a lot better.)

Granted, I'm a hardcore grammar Nazi so that's probably why the third example bothers me, but the other 2 seem like pretty obvious things that anyone would catch if they proofread. I vaguely recall other grammar and spelling mistakes in their updates during the kickstarter. Is the person writing all this stuff an actual writer? (serious question).

Vitality

HUSTLE
Granted, I'm a hardcore grammar Nazi so that's probably why the third example bothers me, but the other 2 seem like pretty obvious things that anyone would catch if they proofread.
Seems like the Dirty Room Standard to me. But what do I know, I'm just a common misconceptualized 14'er.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe the dirty room was a personification of their development standards?
I'm pretty disappointed with the round tables so far. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but right now it's just an hour long interview with a fan site. When I heard developer round table, I thought they would be chatting directly with us about the game and the decisions that were going in. I watched the first two and so far it's no different than the interviews they did before. They have their focus and they answer a couple questions but mostly they are just stalling time. I actually think watching VU do stuff was cooler than what they are doing right now.

Like I said, I don't know what I was expecting but I was expecting more than this. I don't feel involved at all and the show is completely unprofessional. What are people paying 15 a month for? You get forum posting with 5 dollars so what does three times the price get you? Access to the chat room during the interview? Big deal, they barely talk there and they barely answer any real questions.

The second show was better than the first so I hope they are going in the right direction at least...

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hear you Frenzic. This is how gogojira felt and a big reason why he walked away from all this.

They should just know this stuff.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I hear you Frenzic. This is how gogojira felt and a big reason why he walked away from all this.

They should just know this stuff.
convo, you should ask them to change the name of the game and the world. terminus is just a fucking awful name for a world, and pantheon: rise of the fallen is not much better for the name of the game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
convo, you should ask them to change the name of the game and the world. terminus is just a fucking awful name for a world, and pantheon: rise of the fallen is not much better for the name of the game.
Lol maybe I could use the poll section..

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
While you're at it, get on Silius' case to add a damn Necromancer to the game. This is my biggest pet peve thus far.
Yea Shado.. I mean Dark Knight without a necro is just odd. I hope they change that as well. They have the cleric paladin so wtf?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
PS: Is there a reason Brad didn't make the list?
He made the list. Like literally, that's what he spent all week doing. Making the list. Meaning, he's doing nothing. Oh, he's out drumming up support and finding investors, etc, /jerkoffmotion.

Add his name to the list:
Brad is reading forums, finally realizing people want to actually get updates and try to fathom what their money is going toward.... so he made this list of what other people are working on, including Vu, who is working on things, Brad believes, but can't be sure?
My theory is the apprentice developers just aren't working hard enough to get the word out.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Just briefly reading over the calendar information it looks like they have a clear spelling mistake ("romanticanchivalrous nature."), a grammar mistake ("Era?s past." Shouldn't this be "eras past"? Unless Era is a proper name from the lore, I suppose), and a really horribly written sentence ("Frightening unexplained occurrences, deaths increase, and the Asylum of Mental Health and Research is filled to capacity during this time." It needs a verb such as "happen" or "take place" with the bolded part in order to sound a lot better.)

Granted, I'm a hardcore grammar Nazi so that's probably why the third example bothers me, but the other 2 seem like pretty obvious things that anyone would catch if they proofread. I vaguely recall other grammar and spelling mistakes in their updates during the kickstarter. Is the person writing all this stuff an actual writer? (serious question).
It's not about having a writer. They don't need a writer, yet. They need someone proficient in the basics of the English language.

When more lore and stories start coming out it will be the time for laughs and questions about whether they have an actual writer on staff. My guess is no, though, and never will. Someone will just get volunteered and hopefully not be too terrible at it. They'll never consider that in just about every industry in the world, whether creative or business or industrial, there are people with writing as their main skill and contribution, not just the last person to say 'not it' and the hope they aren't too bad at it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Dark Knight.... Green Goblin Ale (in their equivalent of March)... SLASH!

I definitely don't believe the rumors Brad copied MUDs to make EQ.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So I was just re-reading the calendar stuff and I noticed they fixed the typo ("an" to "and") and changed the poorly written sentence to "Frightening occurrances are unexplained, deaths increase, and the Asylum of Mental Health and Research is filled to capacity during this time." The sentence sounds a lot better now, but they made a spelling mistake with "occurrences."

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like I said earlier.. Been pushing for a state of the game update. I really just want transparency throughout the project. I know people think they are farther along than they really are, it's not ok for those folks to think that. Anyway a post from Silius.

Heyas Convo,

I am sorry that we have not been giving state of the game updates here. I will talk
to Ben and have the first part of our weekly roundtables be a state of the game
report. I kind of gave one this Monday when I said that the week had been spent
doing a bunch of organizational stuff. I hope that you do not think we are trying
to keep anything from you all. The game is currently in a high concept phase.
The things we are focused on right now are speccing out various things related
to development tools and pipelines for each discipline, working out an initial
creature list, mapping out the plan of attack for development over the entire
cycle (milestones basically), as well as defining our visual style and writing design
docs for a few systems, and a host of other things. This is really the boring
part of development and most of it is not geared towards public updates, but
don't fret we are going to start getting player race concepts out and more
information about the game over the next month as we start to fill in the gaps
ourselves.

That said if you have a question please ping me I try to devote
time here everyday so as many questions can get answered as possible but I
cannot be everywhere at once and I know I am missing some things that are
dangling out there. Once again I apologize to you and anyone else who may feel
our interaction is lacking currently, it will pick up for sure but some of us
have had to go dark to get these internal things setup.

Like I said earlier.. Been pushing for a state of the game update. I really just want transparency throughout the project. I know people think they are farther along than they really are, it's not ok for those folks to think that. Anyway a post from Silius.

Heyas Convo,

I am sorry that we have not been giving state of the game updates here. I will talk
to Ben and have the first part of our weekly roundtables be a state of the game
report. I kind of gave one this Monday when I said that the week had been spent
doing a bunch of organizational stuff. I hope that you do not think we are trying
to keep anything from you all. The game is currently in a high concept phase.
The things we are focused on right now are speccing out various things related
to development tools and pipelines for each discipline, working out an initial
creature list, mapping out the plan of attack for development over the entire
cycle (milestones basically), as well as defining our visual style and writing design
docs for a few systems, and a host of other things. This is really the boring
part of development and most of it is not geared towards public updates, but
don't fret we are going to start getting player race concepts out and more
information about the game over the next month as we start to fill in the gaps
ourselves.

That said if you have a question please ping me I try to devote
time here everyday so as many questions can get answered as possible but I
cannot be everywhere at once and I know I am missing some things that are
dangling out there. Once again I apologize to you and anyone else who may feel
our interaction is lacking currently, it will pick up for sure but some of us
have had to go dark to get these internal things setup.
Basically all the stuff that should have been done 6-8 months before they launched a KS campaign.

The $100K they have isnt gonna have much to show for at this rate. How much of that cash did Brad pocket before he went MIA again I wonder?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I think they should spend time working on an April fools joke. Like changing the name of the game to Pilltheon: Rise of the Vicodin.

I think that's what they should focus on.