Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man this is so bad.. I don't know how everyone doesn't see it. Again!! Brad paid himself a huge portion of the money.. He will do that again. He obviously dropped that NDA lawyer stuff to keep his old team quiet. This shit is not going to end well

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
MMO_Wolf_McQuaid.jpg

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
so brad first comes to us all excited and full of energy, then disappears for a few months leaving his team high and dry, pays himself a huge portion of what money they did have, and returns from hiatus full of energy and bouncing off the walls once again. how much is coke going for these days?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck it. These people deserve to get took. It's just not sinking In what has happen here.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Brad should take that 80k he pocketed and put it back Into the project. Along with begging his old team to come back.'

imijj_sl

shitlord
Brad threatening legal action?

This isn't a rumor. Salim came on KTAM and said that Brad paid himself like 4 times as much as anyone else on the team despite doing jack shit. (granted, after seeing the video we can be sure that rest of the team didn't exactly earn their money either, but still - they did more than Brad)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
How about not liquidating your assets AND pocketing like 60% of the total income as your "salary"?
If I were him I probably would have done the same, or at least thought about it. Any funding they received was a direct result of Brad's name recognition. The team's 'work' wasn't shown until fucking today, so that obviously wasn't what people who contributed to the website were supporting.

He may have 'done nothing', but the value of his brand (which is now destroyed) is what made them the small amount of funding they did secure.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This isn't a rumor. Salim came on KTAM and said that Brad paid himself like 4 times as much as anyone else on the team despite doing jack shit. (granted, after seeing the video we can be sure that rest of the team didn't exactly earn their money either, but still - they did more than Brad)
What Salim said is, he (Salim) decided upon the compensation for everyone but Brad and 2 other guys, so he knows what most of these guys made, and that he (Salim) was paid the most out of them, being the Lead Designer or some such. And that Brad made 3x what Salim did.

Quaid is a crackmonkey, but maybe it's because he shares a name with McDruggy? Anyway, no, as an already well off guy STARTING a company, you take the bare minimum you need to survive while putting every damn cent you otherwise raise into getting your baby off the ground. McDruggy was more interested in lining his pockets than actually getting the MMO made, so no shit, it ain't getting made, but McDruggy is still trying to squeeze every last dime he can. Coke ain't cheap, bro.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Were these developers under employment contract? Were they guaranteed a certain rate of financial compensation for their time? If so, that's quite shady. If not... Too bad, so sad.

imijj_sl

shitlord
Were these developers under employment contract? Were they guaranteed a certain rate of financial compensation for their time? If so, that's quite shady. If not... Too bad, so sad.
This shoule be obvious, but since you don't seem to understand I'll explain: I don't think anyone is feeling sorry for the developers. The reason people are pissed about it is that no one should be taking a giant "salary" to develop a vaporware MMO when they only have the money in the first place due to crowd funding. Especially not Brad. Everyone should have been living on as little as possible in an attempt to get the embarrassing prototype as polished as possible. I mean, I don't think 2 more months would have made a bit of difference, but it would have at least been a little more honest.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This shoule be obvious, but since you don't seem to understand I'll explain: I don't think anyone is feeling sorry for the developers. The reason people are pissed about it is that no one should be taking a giant "salary" to develop a vaporware MMO when they only have the money in the first place due to crowd funding. Especially not Brad. Everyone should have been living on as little as possible in an attempt to get the embarrassing prototype as polished as possible. I mean, I don't think 2 more months would have made a bit of difference, but it would have at least been a little more honest.
Ya... Cuz people usually choose honesty & integrity over money & security.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
I'm one of those who got took for some money - and at this point I accept that it's gone. Sucks, but it wasn't anything I couldn't afford. Lesson learned. But this situation has been wild. On one side you have Brad, who's been missing for weeks and is now back. On the other side you have this small internet radio station going for his jugular. Honesty I feel like most people are caught in the vortex of terrible mismanagement/communication and a radio station that wants to be CNN.

Top notch drama.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Brad is a creative genius, not just MMOs but water bottle design, architecture, everything that you could think about!

Down with the haters.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Christ I hope this goes to kickstarter. I'll donate a dollar to keep the Vision alive.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love how they collected 150k from gullible people, shut the thing down (with all the drama that surrounded that), 75% of the team walked out and now are basically are going to do a 'do over' asking for money again on their site. Keep in mind all of that happened in a very short period of time (3 months).

Anyone who believes in this fairy tale that Brad will deliver them to EQ heaven revisited deserves what they get.