Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ks suggestion..

custom white pantheon nikes made for a pledge tier.

Plus! Aradune green koolaid

Grundge_sl

shitlord
Also he could post an add on Craigslist for unity dev.. Since none of the Devs waiting to get on board the project have any unity experience...
Didn't you hear, Nirrtix is studying Unity. A Target employee will succeed where Brad failed! It's in the bag, this game is going to be made now. fo sure!

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i forgot this thread after the non-brad crew radio interview denouncing brad, and game being put into hibernation mode. Come back and there is 60 more pages!

Can anyone give me a summary of whats happened to inspire such posting?

Edit; Wtf "tuconets?"

Dumar_sl

shitlord
So i forgot this thread after the non-brad crew radio interview denouncing brad, and game being put into hibernation mode. Come back and there is 60 more pages!

Can anyone give me a summary of whats happened to inspire such posting?

Edit; Wtf "tuconets?"
Pantheon is in barely half-time DEVELOPMENT MODE. HOPE.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
Wow.. I get bored of the thread and figured it was going to get Rickshawed then all the sudden it explodes. Brad should sign up as a writer for Days of our Lives.

Never mind that requires real work, and why do that when you can straight steal money from your crowd funded project. I wish I could see how Nirrtik and Canadinaxegony handle this glass of reality. Brad McQuaaludes has officially stuck a fork in his MMO career.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Why the discrepancy originally of 3 months to the now declaration of 5?

Anyone done the math to figure out where the 38% taken fraction fits?
Frenzic's post is kinda worded weird but it sounds like Brad took 45k for 5 months of work... so $9 000/mo is still a fuckton for a startup.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Frenzic's post is kinda worded weird but it sounds like Brad took 45k for 5 months of work... so $9 000/mo is still a fuckton for a startup.
It's unclear when the money was taken. The amount is 45k but I'm unsure if that was for Feb-now plus 5 months into the future or what.

imijj_sl

shitlord
It's unclear when the money was taken. The amount is 45k but I'm unsure if that was for Feb-now plus 5 months into the future or what.
How is it possible that none of these worthless gaming sites have picked up this story yet. Dude basically paid himself 100k/year to do nothing for a project that produced nothing.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
The previous ten pagesor so have been some of the highest quality lols ive witnessed in..ever.

Abe, the rerolledzbullah... Mother of allah. I literally almost pissed my pants.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project."

What problems? Thats such a broad statement that it could be anything. And with Brads history this is not good and leads to lots of speculation. Problems & 45k pay & disappearances for days/weeks? If he had simply told people what was going on in more detail, a lot of the hate we see right now could have been avoided. 1 sentence would have been enough really...

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, his name doesn't really mean anything outside of a very small group of EQ nerds. Add to that that it isn't in anyone's interest to talk about the white elephant in the kickstarter room. That system requires contributor confidence to function at all.

They can't say much besides for "buyer beware" and "do your research". The people that would benefit from that advice are the people who won't heed it.

And we've got to be somewhat honest with ourselves. The big studios have truly gone to seed. They've almost completed their mockery of the movie industry. But it doesn't translate into computer games. It just doesn't. Most of the single player games are complete crap too. It's not just MMO's that have suffered. So buyer beware and do your research, of course, but some decent projects are actually starting to come out of crowdfunding. Better than the shit EA squeezes out.

iannis

Musty Nester
How much information do you need? He lives in an expensive part of an expensive city, he has expensive motorcycles and (had) an expensive car. He hasn't had a steady paycheck since he parted ways with SOE. He got rich off of EQ, but it wasn't rockstar rich to begin with and he lost a good hunk of it gambling in the stock market.

When you live beyond your means, eventually you run into "personal problems" which you need to borrow money to solve. And when you run out of places to borrow it... some people might just be tempted to steal it instead.

I don't really need to know exactly who he owes money to to know what that sentence is code for.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, people who are familiar with Brads history automatically assume the worst if a statement is vague....

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. Personally I assume that. But I'm willing to give the man this much benefit of doubt: It doesn't have to be pillz.

Compound interest will fuck you up way worse than pills can ever think about doing.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project."

What problems? Thats such a broad statement that it could be anything. And with Brads history this is not good and leads to lots of speculation. Problems & 45k pay & disappearances for days/weeks? If he had simply told people what was going on in more detail, a lot of the hate we see right now could have been avoided. 1 sentence would have been enough really...
I don't know for sure as I'm not living in Brad's house, but based on what he has told people, it has nothing to do with habits or illegal activity. I can't say what they are, but I can say that it's not drugs if that's what you are implying.