Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Weren't you the one raving about McQuaid & Co back in 2004 and how VG was going to be so much better than WoW?
I played and liked Vanguard. In fact, it was probably the most pre-release fun I have had in any game ever made. I think if you review my post history, you'll find that I have pretty much enjoyed every MMO ever released and try to pick out the good elements of each. I am not much of a fanboy of a particular title as I am the entire genre. VG had a huge world (too huge in fact) and extremely innovative combat during Alpha. I liked it a lot and posted about it regularly.

That said, you are also dumb. Your timing on VG and WoW is all kind of fucked. The two competing titles in 2004 were WoW and EQ2, not VG. By the time VG was released, in 2007, WoW was clearly the dominant game in the market. At VGs release, I was playing WoW full time with some of the people on this board.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it doesnt matter a damn if this story breaks on any news source, gaming or otherwise. the people that matter, gaming people, people in the business all already know what brad pulled. aside from those true believers on the pantheon site, brad has lost all credbility in this genre. if he ever gets hired again anywhere, the title "lead game designer" or similar will not be next to his name.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread moves way to fast for a game that we knew was not happening several months ago. Can anyone give me a summary of what happened since the first 3-4 days after the project went into stasis or w/e? almost 100 pages since then to go through. I mean stuff has happened right? it's not 90+ pages of people saying the same crap over and over?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This thread moves way to fast for a game that we knew was not happening several months ago. Can anyone give me a summary of what happened since the first 3-4 days after the project went into stasis or w/e? almost 100 pages since then to go through. I mean stuff has happened right? it's not 90+ pages of people saying the same crap over and over?
No. This thread is mandatory reading for all rerolled members.

Have your paper on my desk by the morning.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This thread moves way to fast for a game that we knew was not happening several months ago. Can anyone give me a summary of what happened since the first 3-4 days after the project went into stasis or w/e? almost 100 pages since then to go through. I mean stuff has happened right?it's not 90+ pages of people saying the same crap over and over.
You must be new here...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the pantheon crowdfund collapsed because all brad's amateur developers quit because they had not been paid. they were not paid because brad absconded with at least 50k of the startup cash. brad's excuse was that he had "personal problems" and advanced himself the money because he thought another 200k donation was forthcoming. now brad is trying to do it all over again but this time he has no developers and is not willing to pay them to work on his game. he is still begging for donations.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, I talked to my "true believer" friend again. If it's not clear from this thread the line from them is pretty much

Those Gosh Darn Rerolled!

We are literally hitler, and the reason mmo gamers can't have nice things.

They seem to be getting more, and more delusional...

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
the pantheon crowdfund collapsed because all brad's amateur developers quit because they had not been paid. they were not paid because brad absconded with at least 50k of the startup cash. brad's excuse was that he had "personal problems" and advanced himself the money because he thought another 200k donation was forthcoming. now brad is trying to do it all over again but this time he has no developers and is not willing to pay them to work on his game. he is still begging for donations.
Thanks
smile.png

I was aware of everything cept the "volunter" part. Was hoping for more but it's maybe the best thread since RR began so can't complain.

misery_sl

shitlord
At this point his best option is to either find a new interest or change his name to Pedro, grow a huge mustache, and try again. Anyone would buy a MMORPG made by Pedro. Anyone.