Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Grundge_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I think he needed the money and Smeds brought him on to promote the game and help him out financially. I bet he pitched Pantheon to SOE privately and they where not interested so he left and tried the Kickstarter route.

He would of had a good thing going if he had stayed at SOE as some sort of EQN spokesman, trying to reach out to former players to try this new game. He should of stayed and tried to weasel his name onto the Landmark Credits.
lol, man that is a good one! yea I am totally sure that Brad left SOE on his own accord.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
New stuff posted today... at least I noticed it on my Facebook feed this evening. Why don't he just release some books make some money then take on the MMO industry. The artwork look very book-cover-worthy... at least compared to what i've seen on the cover of my wife's romance novels.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Killing Orcs in Crushbone would alter your faction with the Indigo Brotherhood, a Dark Elf faction all the way in Neriak (Warriors?).
And all warrior guilds being guards meant it was a good way for a evil race to fuck up their faction there.

I loved how guards would assist the player they liked the most in PvP. In Neriak that meant getting high faction with the outside guards and foreign quarter ones by doing the blood wine quest and then laughing as a troll when Dark Elf newbies would run to the guards for protection and stand around stunned in shock as they did nothing to me, or whacked them down if they tried to defend themselves.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
And all warrior guilds being guards meant it was a good way for a evil race to fuck up their faction there.

I loved how guards would assist the player they liked the most in PvP. In Neriak that meant getting high faction with the outside guards and foreign quarter ones by doing the blood wine quest and then laughing as a troll when Dark Elf newbies would run to the guards for protection and stand around stunned in shock as they did nothing to me, or whacked them down if they tried to defend themselves.
As someone who did the wine quest on P1999, I did not know this, and find it hilarious!

imijj_sl

shitlord
Ah so you must be the sniveling pussy that batphoned the media. Got it.
This is a pretty embarrassing troll. I would have hoped you could do a little better considering you have made almost 3k posts on this forum in just over a year. Practice makes perfect! (or not)

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
moral of the story, little timmy doesnt deserve shit if he is going to be an asshole about it.
Being the victor in a battle to out-poopsock other poopsockers doesn't make them 'little timmies' anymore than the victors can be considered "more skillful".

There were tons of people who gravitated to zonebreaker guilds not because they had any skill but rather because they could log on at any hour of the day (if they weren't already online) and be depended on to show up at 4am when one mob/boss or another spawned. And some of the most skilled players I ever met were in low-tier guilds because they were unwilling or unable to devote the time that others did staring at walls.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Being the victor in a battle to out-poopsock other poopsockers doesn't make them 'little timmies' anymore than the victors can be considered "more skillful".

There were tons of people who gravitated to zonebreaker guilds not because they had any skill but rather because they could log on at any hour of the day (if they weren't already online) and be depended on to show up at 4am when one mob/boss or another spawned. And some of the most skilled players I ever met were in low-tier guilds because they were unwilling or unable to devote the time that others did staring at walls.
I knew lots of skilled players who would have been endgame worthy if they had the time to invest in making it happen. had guildies who went from full time to part time. we didnt deguild those people, they raided when they could. the outsider casual guys i knew who were in lower tier guilds never got pissy about being in lower tier guilds or just logging in to putz around or pickup group. when you have a certain level of skill you tend to know exactly what it takes to achieve certain goals, the whiners were usually the people who never really had those skills to begin with, but wanted the best results anyway. no sympathy from me at all.

i have been back in eq for 4 months now. i am casual. i log in when i have time, do some fun stuff and log out. no urge to raid and no hard feelings that my gear is mostly shit i bought from the bazaar. if i had time or the urge to go hardcore 12-18 hour a day marathons i would be in the top guild again kicking whatever end game pigs that need to be kicked.

Dumar_sl

shitlord

That's their issue, not the game's. If they don't want/can't put in time, then they shouldn't be seeing places or items from those places. There should never be a 'LFR Fear raid'

If you can only play an hour a night because of your dog/cat/wife/kids/gay bf/work/whatever shit, then the plethora of sp and mp games out there are for you, not a real mmog.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
New concept art:

BneniqNCUAEDgiB.jpg:large

Tide27_sl

shitlord
That's their issue, not the game's. If they don't want/can't put in time, then they shouldn't be seeing places or items from those places. There should never be a 'LFR Fear raid'

If you can only play an hour a night because of your dog/cat/wife/kids/gay bf/work/whatever shit, then the plethora of sp and mp games out there are for you, not a real mmog.
MMOs are a main stream business now. Business are in the business of making money. If companies can make a product that can appeal to millions, versus making a product that appeals to a thousand or so, then that is the route they will take.

There are many more people that have a limited playtime because of their dog/cat/wife/kid/gay by/work/whatever shit, than neckbeards like yourself.

You are not important. Matter of fact you and your kind are irrelevant in gaming now. Joe casuals chew up content at such a slow pace that you don't have them screaming at developers because of lack of content. They can log on their few hours of the day and have fun, versus people like you that feel the need to be logged in for 16+hrs of the day so they can feel important in a virtual world and consume the content in mere hours. Their $15 subs are worth just as much as yours and there are millions of potential players versus your tiny fraction of a circle jerk of your "hardcore" people.

You and your kind are fucking irrelevant in the gaming scene now.

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, designing for casuals is more efficient.

Casual logs in, checks bags and chats a bit, then plays for 2-3 hours, goofs around, logs off.
Time spent killing content, 2-3 hours out of 4. While killing he is also less efficient.

The hardcore finds the fastest path and grinds till he drops.

My guess would be that those that plays 12 hours a day consume content about 5-10x as fast (in days) as someone playing 3-4 hours a day.
So using 1 month of dev time gives 5-10x as much sub Money if it's a casual that plays.

The only reason there is anything for the hardcore, is because the casuals needs something to look towards, and many have "more hardcore" friends.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Also, designing for casuals is more efficient.

Casual logs in, checks bags and chats a bit, then plays for 2-3 hours, goofs around, logs off.
Time spent killing content, 2-3 hours out of 4. While killing he is also less efficient.
A casual is 4 hour play sessions? I'm not even a gamer any more then.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

In other words it has nothing to do with skill, it has to do with if you have no life/no job/no family to pretty much play at any time of day you want. You want a game designed for basement dwellers.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The new artwork is the best "content" for pantheon i have yet seen. Some minor things though, the legs look too thin compared to the arms considering his armor. The arm holding the sword seems thicker then the other one. Also, the swordarm is placed too low on the body i think...

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The new artwork is the best "content" for pantheon i have yet seen. Some minor things though, the legs look too thin compared to the arms considering his armor. The arm holding the sword seems thicker then the other one. Also, the swordarm is placed too low on the body i think...
I would hardly call this content.... I have never been a huge fan of art work like this particular post. It isn't transferrable to the game. Nothing in the game will look like this unless it ends up being cover art.

However, character model sketches, dungeon schematics, etc., assets that are actually used in the game are more meaningful to me than anything... Sure, there may be a single character that winds up being a Lucan-esque model that looks similar to this and walks around with a fiery sword but that is just a minuscule piece of the game that is does absolutely nothing for me.

In regards to a game that is wanting my money, I need to see the direction of the game itself with posts such as this:
rrr_img_66688.jpg

Not something like this, while cool, was actually used for a book cover as it should be..
rrr_img_66689.jpg