Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Was this already posted?

"Update:
We are having great success re-building the team, including the Lore and Moderator teams. A huge thanks to all who are volunteering their time!
1. New Lore: the WarWizard. Check it out in the Wiki and on FB (the new art from JP Targete is full size on FB)!
2. New Lore Master: Please welcome Sparkling and her growing team!
3. New Lead Moderators: Please congratulate Multisync & Kyndread!
4. New Unity Zone builder: Please welcome Montreseur!!
I'm still working through all of the resumes, with help from Sparkling. One of my main next goals is to find a Unity programmer who can take over from where the project itself was left.
-Brad"

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Confirmed picture of Brad's new partner, "Sparkling". I've met her. She's cool. Brad probably meets with her a dozen times a day.
rrr_img_66808.jpg

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anyone from here put in an application yet? Could be a really sweet trolling opportunity.

I too used some prescription opiates and ecstasy back in the mid 00s. Raiding WoW while on percs was awesome. Maybe I can be a Pantheon dev if I can find my old contacts.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
an extremely small demographic? are all people from canada as stupid as you are? the DEMOGRAPHIC for video games are kids!!! and they have more fucking time than they know what to do with. video games aren't made for 25+ year old adults, they're made for kids. there are literally hundreds of millions of them and most of them (that don't live in third world countries) spend a shit ton of time playing video games. so to say that the industry won't make another game that requires that amount of time to invest is god damn mind numbingly retarded.
You're a complete fucking moron. As has been pointed out by several people, the "average" gamer is in their mid 30's. And the majority of growth these days is coming from casual and mobile gaming, NOT ultra hardcore, time-sink oriented MMORPG's. The facts speak for themselves: no one's making the game you and Dumar and others want, at least not a AAA game with an 8 figure budget,because it's a bad investment.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
So I'm reading massively, which is a site I'll hit maybe once a month. I hit page 2 and see a fucking Pantheon reference.

Meet Pantheon's god-killer, the WarWizard!

rrr_img_66846.jpg

See Brad introducing the art, it ROCKS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfraN7E535U

Typical. What warmed my heart was scrolling down to the comments (Which I tend to do before even reading the articles) to see this at the top comment..

Seriously Brad just needs to go away. I am embarrassed to say that I used to defend him on this site. When the game first launced its Kickstarter I supported it right away. I even considered upping my pledge and getting one for my wife. Then I started to see all the dumb mistakes that Brad was making, plus the fact that he would not listen to any suggestions. So I removed my pledge. I still held out hope that things would improve with their own fund raising but it was even worse.

I guess that Brad did me a favor by making his own fund raising efforts such a joke. I am glad that I never even gave a cent to the guy. Especially being that he took $45k of the money to use for personal reasons and burnt his original development team. Now he has tarnished his name to the point where hardly anyone will ever trust him again. I doubt that any company would even take him(as a regular developer) at the point because it would bring his bad reputation to their company.

I know that a lot of people would like to see an old school game that would capture the magic of original Everquest but Brad is not the guy to do it. Plus Brad was not the only one responsible for EQ. Brad McQuaid, Steve Clover and Bill Trost made Everquest not just Brad. It is nice to see Bill Trost working on EQ Next which is a game that I am very excited about. But then again when you really think about it everyone is just another person. The next old school type of game could come from some unknown team.

Also on a side note WarWizard? Seriously? That was the name of a single player rpg that they worked on a long time ago. Nothing like being unoriginal and recycling names.

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
Please tell me this is someone from this forum just trolling them... I'd guess not because he has an orange name and I don't think anyone here is that retarded.
No, that's Burdock! Pantheons newest Apprentice Developer. He has an Aus Pantheon fan site:

Ok, It's still a work in progress, but the Australian Pantheon Website is now up and running! Please feel free to take a look and spread the word, this site is not just for Australians or New Zealanders, it's for everyone! If you feel I can help more with this site, I am open to suggestions and ideas, we have 20 million people living in Australia, so that's plenty of potential customers and subscribers to Pantheon, we just need to get the word out! the sites address is:http://ausethonrisen.enjin.com/I hope you all like what you see so far, and I promise you, it will only get better! Look forward to hearing your thoughts/comments. Kind regards, Burdock.

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
You mean this guy?
Yep! From his site, eloquent:

For those new guys here, you may have heard of some little titles by the names of "Everquest" and "Vanguard - Saga of Heroes", well, they were Brad's baby's, and while they may have grown up and left home, that doesn't mean there isn't room for the next generation. That is where Pantheon is born.

However, when Pantheon was delivered , it was underweight and suffering from Jaundice (I know, still going with the baby metaphor - stay with me!), yet we (as surrogate parents) have an opportunity to adopt, feed and nurture little baby Pantheon until it has grown and can fend for itself.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What the fuck is wrong with those people. Doesn't your passion overriding logic have to end at some point?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why would you make a separate AU site? I'm pretty sure you don't need a passport to browse the internet.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Why would you make a separate AU site? I'm pretty sure you don't need a passport to browse the internet.
Building pointless Enjin hosted sites just to feel special is exactly what I would expect people to do to perpetuate this circle jerk. There are only so many ways to rearrange the same 5 concept art images.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wouldnt anyone investing real money ask these clowns for a business plan? Hell before most small business even get investors they have huge detailed business plans unless the investor is an idiot.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fact that Brad associates/aligns himself with these people really only reflects badly on him. I mean, who gives a shit about rerolled and what we say, how about his reputation among his peers. Other industry people. I don't see how he's taken seriously anymore from a professional point of view.