Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
They've got a new team, Brad's riding bikes and hyping ArcheAge, they continue putting the final polish on that infamous video for the last 6 weeks. The show goes on.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
They've got a new team, Brad's riding bikes and hyping ArcheAge, they continue putting the final polish on that infamous video for the last 6 weeks. The show goes on.
What's sad is that is all I've taken away from Pantheon's activity over the last 2-3 weeks. Man, Brad really knows how to sell a game... Is Salim or any of those other guys still ousting Brad on KTAM? What's KTAM's stance now? They out to "expose" Brad or to white knight him.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Let's go check in on the KTAM mumble teamspeak ventrilo "radio" station...

Yep. 5 listeners. What a dump.

Brad's like the best thing to ever happen to Kshit mumble radio. For one brief, shining week they had more listeners than they could count on one hand. They owe him a reach around.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Brad's like the best thing to ever happen to Kshit mumble radio. For one brief, shining week they had more listeners than they could count on one hand. They owe him a reach around.
I'll admit, I was a listener two times post-Pantheon implosion of course but I loved the high school best friend advice they would give Brad during and especially at the end of the show. The first time I listened I was hoping for some big knock down drag out and then the second was unbearable. I listened only to hear Salim roll out the dirt. However, each time it was dominated by such ignorant comments and useless speeches by the community. Now that Pantheon is dead, I wonder what KTAM even does now. Like you said, it was their shining moment and it completely dissolved into nothing.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's really a big part of the EQ1/WOW debate - some players don't care about "fair". EQ1's issue is that it isn't completely "free", in fact it wasn't all that free to begin with. The Zek players often made that very point but the bluebies don't want to think about that.
One just has to look at R99 and all the bitching about wiping the server because the self proclaimed PvP gods of VZTZ got their shit shoved in early in the servers life by a pack of blubies from P99 which have dominated the server ever since.

To such people, the server or any game is only "good" when they're on top.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm pretty sure that someone already linked his new site (as opposed to SZ No Jihad, IIRC) but I'll put the exact link up if you really want it.

445 Down! 2,593,394,502 to Go! - Sam DeathWalker

9DTKQ4A.jpg
Something must not be right. Last time I checked No Jihad the number was just under that.

... or I'm confusing which hundred he was at and he was at 330 before..... *shivers*

Syringed_sl

shitlord
Yet there is a reason that you can't move backwards in Monopoly, and that things like Icing exists in hockey as well as en passant and castling in chess. Normally you try to strike a balance between freedom and parity/fairness yet you gloss over that here to stump for freedom alone.

That's really a big part of the EQ1/WOW debate - some players don't care about "fair". EQ1's issue is that it isn't completely "free", in fact it wasn't all that free to begin with. The Zek players often made that very point but the bluebies don't want to think about that.

When people make the "freedom" argument, it's important to note that what they really want isJUST ENOUGH FREEDOMto be able to control content access and selectively break gameplay aspects, butNOT SO MUCH FREEDOMthat the proles are able to zerg them via PVP or that everyone can solo/kite/train/etc.
This is very true and reminds me of a video with an interview with a dev for the making of Injustice: Gods Among Us. (Cannot find it sadly.)

In the video, a dev explains that a bad fighting game gives you too much freedom to do what you want. Therefore, letting you endlessly infinite combo someone with little effort. He goes onto explain that in the past, Mortal Kombat 3 had some pretty ugly infinites because there was too much freedom and they tried to 'correct' this by having a damage threshold that literally knocked players away in MK4. Players absolutely hated this. The dev says that what players wanted is to feel like they're almost breaking the engine by finding creative ways to keep the combo going but an actual infinite would be impossible.

Sunspots_sl

shitlord
I might be wrong but I think you just used every single clich? there is for arguments on why you didn't get what you wanted. Some of the more experienced posters will spread them out over the course of a thread. You need to pace yourself next time.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing, as soon as I read "Generation Y is full" I figured I was being trolled.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
Captain Burdock is a green name now, also a couple new programmers. Busy week for the volunteer squad.
Of course he is, he watched a video about how to use Unity... That makes him almost as skilled as the lead Unity guys on the team. Not to mention his amazing Aussie Fan site with almost double digit sign ups!

Burdock_sl said:
There is a lengthy walkthrough video of map/level design using UNITY over at the Shroud of the Avatar Website. I know this is a completly seperate game, but I figured this could be worth a watch for our UNITY devs here if they needs some inspiration or advice. The link is:Updates | Shroud of the AvatarHope you enjoy and are able to take something away from it. Kind regards, Burdock.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
brad should've gone the curt schilling route: fuck broke ass gamers, fleece the taxpayers! imagine what could have been if he would've gotten a 75 million dollar loan from the government! remember that scene at the end of "scarface" with the giant mound of cocaine? yeah, i'm thinking something like that.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
at some point these true believers will realize they are wasting their time and just give up.
Will they? We haven't given up on this thread yet. And some of you fuckers having given up "discussing" the finer points of Everquest after over a decade. Some things aren't worth giving up... and then there are the things we discuss on forums.