Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I just want to point out that this thread title is appropriate because you know the vapid haters were typing one handed while they jacked off to their sick twisted comments.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I've been playing puzzles & dragons on my phone at work lately. What does this have to do with Pantheon? Not a god damn thing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Circle is sitting, looking at the magic terminal that scrys into the world of Temrinus, excitedly glancing about and waving over the other Pantheon members, a great exhale of thrill and excitements escapes them and the world is rocked by a sudden tornado.

(In other words - great job on the new site design, I really like it! Approved!)
smile.png
Another gem from the lore dev!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I almost feel bad for Brad when this scam ends. What's he going to do when he realizes he has no income, can't afford to keep the home/bikes/etc he has, and no one will hire him in the game industry? I doubt he has any skills to work outside of it. His wife may very well leave him. Hell, in a couple years when I take my son down to Disneyland I may get to meet him in person, as he's hopped on up aerosol spray, pan-handling on the street corner. I'll have to make sure to have a $15 SOE game time card handy, just in case.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm sure word of Brad's actions will spread around SOE and Blizzard and maybe a couple other companies... but I doubt most of the 'game industry' have ever heard of Brad McQuaid or Pantheon before.

I'm sure he'll have no trouble getting work at some non-AAA/mobile studio. Hell, if Smed is still on his good side and provides a good reference, there's a chance this wont hurt him at all.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't know. It greatly depends on how the verant takeover was contracted. If he just became a regular employee and SoE owns the eq stuff outright, he may be getting nothing.

iannis

Musty Nester
I have no idea, but I would think that if he was getting royalties from EQ he wouldn't be trying to scam on kickstarter. So I doubt it.

Or maybe he is and he just decided he wanted some walking around money. Who knows.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The MMO industry will know his legacy and his resume doesn't exactly scream "hire me" for any other genre. He's pretty well fucked saving some friend he guilt trips into a job.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have no idea, but I would think that if he was getting royalties from EQ he wouldn't be trying to scam on kickstarter. So I doubt it.

Or maybe he is and he just decided he wanted some walking around money. Who knows.
Everquest makes very little money these days. Each dev you can expect makes 60k salary plus the server cost and maintenance. There's a reason they don't do anything new and exciting and the expansions are crap. Completely besides the point of Brad being ghetto poor and Pantheon not taking in any new money in weeks
smile.png

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm sure word of Brad's actions will spread around SOE and Blizzard and maybe a couple other companies... but I doubt most of the 'game industry' have ever heard of Brad McQuaid or Pantheon before.

I'm sure he'll have no trouble getting work at some non-AAA/mobile studio. Hell, if Smed is still on his good side and provides a good reference, there's a chance this wont hurt him at all.
Why would they hire him if they never heard of him? What skill does he even possess? An idea man? Good luck with that

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
That what I imagine the Mods look like when someone reports a post.
People don't report post... The mods are on day and night like vultures waiting for any sign of activity. I used to hang out in the teamspeak and people would get excited when there was a new post.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
First, Brad just isn't smart enough to have went for royalties. Let's not equate a guy who can copy paste MUDs and scam some old school retards into genius status here. Con artists are everywhere so good for him. Let's see how long this train can be milked.

Second, Brad is fucked in this genre. EQ is a well known franchise, SOE is one of the larger studios, and looking up what he's been doing is what HR for any real company is paid to do. Every company looks up an applicant's prior work history and it wouldn't be very hard to find the scams and failures of Brad's past. Throw in the rest of the top brass for EQ still being employed and a pretty clear picture is seen really easily. Smed doesn't need to help Brad out and I think he knows any obligation he might have felt was fulfilled when he tried to help Brad out this last time. The cord is cut.

Brad is one of the failures of the past that Ut doesn't even have to rail against now. This guy buried his own grave and has jumped in with both feet.