Parent Thread

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Switching gears here, how much has parenthood diminished sex in your marriage?

The first 6 months it did. First 3 was just c-section, healing. The next 3 was just getting into a good routine with the kid. After that, went back to normal, pre-kid levels.

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think for every kid you have there is likely a ratio of lost opportunities to do it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Switching gears here, how much has parenthood diminished sex in your marriage?

After the mandatory waiting period? Not at all. Some of that is dependent on how your kids sleep, but I have certainly heard from friends who got freaky during afternoon nap time as often as possible. You both still want sex, you just figure out how to make it happen.

loudgas

I just find with teenagers especially much of our evenings are shot with homework and other crap by the end your day there is limited time or options on how to blow off steam

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have five kids and plenty of sex. You work it out.
Yeah, but how much sex does your wife have?

But seriously, after a few months it only has a large impact if you are using it as an excuse. Until teenage years anyways, the i dunno

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
We have three teenagers. We often go to bed before them. Then we fuck. Not going to let their late night habits keep us out of bed.

That said, homework does get done first thing, and if hey have something they're working late into the night on, it's something they're not getting help from us, like writing a paper. They have to bang the first draft out themselves.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you are using kids as an excuse to not have sex ....

Is your wife a screamer that even the neighbors can hear? Does the wall your headboard is on share a wall with your kids bedroom? If not there is zero reason to have less sex.

Even when the kids are young and might wake up randomly, the key word is might. So you pound away and if a kid wakes up and cries you pound faster and finish or you stop and one of you deals with it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

loudgas

I work from home part of the week, so break time has an entirely different kind of meaning for me.

We aren't fucking animals, we are discrete when others around. What teenager cries because they hear their parents having sex?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, we went through a very difficult period. The kids were a part of that, her anxiety/meds were another part, although I'm not sure I know all of the causes. Things are better now, but yeah it was rough.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I recently found out "we" are pregnant, I've always been adamant aboit not wanting kids, and you guys are scaring the shit out of me.

It is scary, you have another person's life in your hands. For more than a year after we moved my son to his room I used to wake up in the middle of the night to heck on him. Now that he's turning 3 and has no fear I'm worried about him jumping off furniture head first.

Still all worth it when he just out of the blue says I love you Daddy.

• 2Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Getting swarmed when you walk in the door and then yelling daddy is a pretty good feeling.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm really trying to get on board with this, but I haven't even accepted that this is happening yet.

Sorry for being cynical, but I feel like i'm on death row. Deep breaths, deep breaths.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm really trying to get on board with this, but I haven't even accepted that this is happening yet.

Sorry for being cynical, but I feel like i'm on death row. Deep breaths, deep breaths.
Your time dedication really changes, and there's a ton of bullshit to go with it. On the other hand, I have 3 little people who think I'm actually nice.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've spent my entire adult life travelling and doing whatever the hell I want. I was never in any one spot for more than 12 months (with a couple exceptions), then I'd pick up and move with $600 in my pocket and a 1 way plane ticket. I've been in the same place for a little over 3 years now and this is the longest I've stayed anywhere since beforebI graduated high school.

I think it's just the realization that I'm losing the ability to do whatever I want, whenever I want, and how many friends I've seen crushed by that. Add on the fact that parenthood isn't appealing to me at all and Bandwagon is a sad panda.

I'm going to give myself another week of bitching, moping and self sorrow, and then I guess I'll have to get my head in the game. I'm not ready to deal with this mentally yet.

• 2Solidarity