Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's only an issue if you make it an issue. Girls are fucking awesome in the early ages. Mine is only 5 now, so I don't know how bad it gets, but she's the best kid up to this point. Plus, she's sensitive. Something that I don't expect our boy to be.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I'm worried about all the money that will be spent. Girls clothes are like at a 3 to 1 ratio to boy clothes in any store

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's because everyone wants to dress their girls up. What we did was we let the family buy all those expensive ass cute outfits and we stuck to craigslist, consignment sales, and the sale racks. Especially with multiple girls. If you have family, you'll have no end of cute outfits being bought by family.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yea had to edit the post to put some "" around sleep lol. Felt so good but was also terrifying to come home with little man the other day. I didn't realize how much of a freak I would become, but I could not go to sleep for the life of me with him in the bassinet next to the bed. I even set up the camera and had the monitor right next to me so I could check on him every 10 seconds to make sure he hadn't rolled over and suffocated himself or something. My wife kept telling me to chill, he would be fine, but I just couldn't sleep. He ended up in a... boppy? (I think it's called) in between me and my wife so I could at least see him and hear him breathing while attempting sleep. Maybe I'm just a freak, I dunno.

iannis

Musty Nester
dude, your kid is rodney dangerfield.

He's got the face of an old jew. He'll do well in this world.

• 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
2nd Birthday was on Saturday, built them a small rock wall to climb on. Our girl figured it out pretty quick and can get to the top in like 30 seconds now, the boys still can’t get up

EEEEC5B0-F045-459C-8EE2-05B9BB441545.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
2nd Birthday was on Saturday, built them a small rock wall to climb on. Our girl figured it out pretty quick and can get to the top in like 30 seconds now, the boys still can’t get up

View attachment 155429
That's awesome, good idea.

You should taper and sand those cross supports - I got 12 stitches in my eyebrow when I was a kid from something like that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yea had to edit the post to put some "" around sleep lol. Felt so good but was also terrifying to come home with little man the other day. I didn't realize how much of a freak I would become, but I could not go to sleep for the life of me with him in the bassinet next to the bed. I even set up the camera and had the monitor right next to me so I could check on him every 10 seconds to make sure he hadn't rolled over and suffocated himself or something. My wife kept telling me to chill, he would be fine, but I just couldn't sleep. He ended up in a... boppy? (I think it's called) in between me and my wife so I could at least see him and hear him breathing while attempting sleep. Maybe I'm just a freak, I dunno.
Your kid won't roll for a couple of months, and then it'll be just laying down to onto their backs. It takes awhile for them to roll from back to stomach. When they can do that you have to just give up and let them sleep as they will.

A lot of kids die cosleeping so really be careful with that. Honestly, if they'll sleep in the bassinet it's the safest place they can be. Just make sure the sheet is pulled taut and they don't have anything in there with them.

Also I find it funny that you're worrying and your wife isn't. Like some.paradigm shift

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yea I heard about the dangers of cosleeping. However, having him in the bed is just better for both of us. Peace of mind knowing he's right there, and also when he inevitably needs to be changed in the middle of the night he's right there and not down in a bassinet. We ended up getting one of these:

8156F4xSo-L._SX522_.jpg

He sleeps in the middle of our bed between me and the wife. Plenty of space. Neither of us are the type to toss and turn, and even if we were we would wake up immediately upon touching this thing, so there's really no risk in us rolling onto or suffocating the baby. Has worked like a charm. The only little quirk he has is that he likes to be inclined a bit. Anytime he's laid down flat he doesn't like it as much. So we put a pillow under one side so it's at like a 15 degree angle.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
We thought about getting one, but decided against. Neither of us are much to move either, but it just isn't worth it without a cosleeper. Doesn't take much when they're little like that and with lack of sleep you never know what might not wake you up.

Now that she's older (about to be 9 months) we'll bring her to bed when/if she wakes up in the middle of the night and doesn't soothe herself, which ends up being most nights. But it's better than having to do feedings in the middle of the night. She isn't in any danger of being underweight and it's definitely made things a little easier on us. Except that she's a pretty active sleeper so there are plenty of kicks and punches starting at least 45 or so minutes before she fully wakes up.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It's really weird. Both my children never had sleeping problems until 2-4 or so. Before 2 it was fairly rare for them to get up at night. I guess I got really lucky with that.

5 year old is finally getting acclimated to kindergarden and his behavior is finally better. That took some time though, lord. He hit a kid, and kicked a teacher in the last 3 months. But its all settled down now in the last 2-3 weeks so we hope that its largely the end of it.

• 1Solidarity

Arative

Vyemm Raider
We had our son in our room in a bassinet until he was 4 months old. Then we moved him to his crib in his room. My wife was reading and I guess the APA says a kid should sleep in the parents room until 6 months old. So I imagine with my daughter, she'll be in our room until 6 months old. We never co-slept though, wife was always afraid of rolling onto the kid.