Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Reading Tyen was banned, I came to this thread to see what this was all about. I gotta' say it's quite the letdown.

• 5Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Reading Tyen was banned, I came to this thread to see what this was all about. I gotta' say it's quite the letdown.
it sounded like he was just talking about his kids/marriage troubles?

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Tyen was banned for being Tyen? He was banned just because of this thread? Really? There had to be something else.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Much like my stance 3 years ago that got him emailing my Hotmail account from a throwaway email being salty about it, he never should have been unbanned to begin with.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think posting selfies in his look at my kids thread just pushed it over the edge for dads.

Not being a dad I thought it was dumb but inoffensive. I'm willing to admit there are some things I just can't relate to, and maybe the behavior was banworthy.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What did I miss in this thread over the last couple days? Looks like it could have been some fun drama, but ended up just being sad reality.

It's much less entertaining when someone presents their life as though they're a shit influence as a father, the mother is emotionally drunken AIDS, than hearing about how, well, basically anything else. Kid started crawling, climbing stairs, walking, grabbing food and feeding themselves... Not when they weren't completely fucked up by the CPS process, or immature parents who can't help but air dirty laundry on a forum for personal lulz. What a piece of shit.

Meanwhile in a better reality, my daughter is going through her first ear infection and handling it like a champ. Hardly fussing, but needing additional care to get to sleep. She's basically given herself black eyes from continuously waking up, and then slamming her face down in exhaustion.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My daughter (22 months) has decided her new bedtime is after 930. She'll be falling asleep on my shoulder and perk right up after putting her down in the crib. Then screams bloody murder 30 seconds after noticing I've left the room.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Get her to bed earlier, or she'll stick with that schedule. Find something that works for you and do it consistently EVERY day. She'll scream like a real motherfucker for the first week or two, but then she'll just get used to it, and it'll be normal. When you're putting her to bed, place her down and leave the room. Your wife needs to do that also. Otherwise she'll demand one of you is always in the room when she tries to sleep, and will freak the fuck out if you're not.

Constant repetition and a set schedule really go well with a child.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think posting selfies in his look at my kids thread just pushed it over the edge for dads.

Not being a dad I thought it was dumb but inoffensive. I'm willing to admit there are some things I just can't relate to, and maybe the behavior was banworthy.

You were locked up in a Korean POW camp at the time, but he started this https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/swamp-donkey-mom-of-the-year.9886/ and decided the parenting thread was an appropriate place for a sequel.

So while it probably wouldn't have been a ban if it had been his only offense, think of it more as a lifetime achievement award for being a shithead.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Get her to bed earlier, or she'll stick with that schedule. Find something that works for you and do it consistently EVERY day. She'll scream like a real motherfucker for the first week or two, but then she'll just get used to it, and it'll be normal. When you're putting her to bed, place her down and leave the room. Your wife needs to do that also. Otherwise she'll demand one of you is always in the room when she tries to sleep, and will freak the fuck out if you're not.

Constant repetition and a set schedule really go well with a child.
Yah, we've definitely had some family/social stuff that's thrown us off the schedule. Part of it is nap time at daycare is 130 to 330 ish, and then she doesn't get enough activity to tire her out. Add in the "terrible 2's", and the wife is prego w/ #2 - which is kicking her ass, so not a lot of help from her end.

Complaining more than anything. Some work stuff is about to slow down for me, so starting this weekend I'll be able to focus on getting shit back in order.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Yah, we've definitely had some family/social stuff that's thrown us off the schedule. Part of it is nap time at daycare is 130 to 330 ish, and then she doesn't get enough activity to tire her out. Add in the "terrible 2's", and the wife is prego w/ #2 - which is kicking her ass, so not a lot of help from her end.

Complaining more than anything. Some work stuff is about to slow down for me, so starting this weekend I'll be able to focus on getting shit back in order.

My son was the same way and around that age he started to climb over the rail of the crib. I converted him to a toddler bed and spent a week or so weening him off the 'rock me to sleep' mentality. The first few days we put him in bed and sat there with him holding him in bed until he passed out, then we went on to just sitting there holding his hand, then we just sat there next to the bed not making contact. After that he never had a problem going to bed.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes I come in here for a pick me up, because even if you're not the best parent, you're definitely not Tyen or the moist swamp he lay with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Alright friends I need help. My niece is 8 months old and it's her first Christmas and when I asked her parents what I should get her they said "learning materials". I assume that just means learning toys and there are a plethora of those that come up via google search but I was hoping you parents had experience with which are the better ones. I figured I could get her stuff that ranged all the way to 1.5 years since she'll have them til next Christmas anyway.

Are there any brands that are better than others? More dependable not as cheap etc?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alright friends I need help. My niece is 8 months old and it's her first Christmas and when I asked her parents what I should get her they said "learning materials". I assume that just means learning toys and there are a plethora of those that come up via google search but I was hoping you parents had experience with which are the better ones. I figured I could get her stuff that ranged all the way to 1.5 years since she'll have them til next Christmas anyway.

Are there any brands that are better than others? More dependable not as cheap etc?

If you want her parents to be pleased with the gift, you should prioritize finding something that doesn't make much noise. Beyond that it's pretty hard to go wrong if you're following the recommended age ranges.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user