Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Today was the end of the year show for my sons preschool. His class puts on a slideshow with music , then the kids came out and sang songs for us. My son got to come out and be one of the two flag carriers for pledge of allegiance.

Look I ain't a bitch, but when his pictures came up on the slideshow and I saw him come out holding the flag all proud my eyes got a little moist. This is the stuff they don't tell you about. The secret stuff. The stuff where you later are sitting in your bed at 1115PM and wonder if your dad and mom had the same moments when you were a kid. And you wonder if you treat them right and hope that your kid will treat you right.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
look who figured out how selfies work

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
She's just leaving space because she knows she's going to start growing soon.

That one you've got there is clever.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And now we're four.

20 hours after inducing labor, actual labor was like 10 minutes.

It takes longer to reload a cannon.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Traveled back to MN to go to an end of the year choir concert for my two oldest kids. My son had a solo and dance routine and I really wanted to be there for it. I was pretty proud of him up there doing his thing and I don't get to see many things like this. It was great to be there for it but when I left all I could think about was all the other stuff I've missed. -sigh-

I know it meant a lot to them that I was there though, so I'm glad I could be. Looking forward to this summer when they'll be here for a month.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Traveled back to MN to go to an end of the year choir concert for my two oldest kids. My son had a solo and dance routine and I really wanted to be there for it. I was pretty proud of him up there doing his thing and I don't get to see many things like this. It was great to be there for it but when I left all I could think about was all the other stuff I've missed. -sigh-

I know it meant a lot to them that I was there though, so I'm glad I could be. Looking forward to this summer when they'll be here for a month.

Good for you. He'll remember that you were there far more than the things you missed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Today was the end of the year show for my sons preschool. His class puts on a slideshow with music , then the kids came out and sang songs for us. My son got to come out and be one of the two flag carriers for pledge of allegiance.

Look I ain't a bitch, but when his pictures came up on the slideshow and I saw him come out holding the flag all proud my eyes got a little moist. This is the stuff they don't tell you about. The secret stuff. The stuff where you later are sitting in your bed at 1115PM and wonder if your dad and mom had the same moments when you were a kid. And you wonder if you treat them right and hope that your kid will treat you right.
Did the theme park thing today and couldn't ask for better experience with kid. What I didn't expect was catching feels from observing countless parents also making memories, each child their parents' world. It was some connected to the universe business. Hit me right

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My oldest son turned 16th in Jan and decided once school was out he'd like to get a job. Well his last day of school was Friday and he had an itnerview this morning at Subway and got the job. I'm pretty proud of him, but I had to laugh after the interview when I was talking to him.

Him: It's awesome! I get a free 6" sub and unlimited pop and coffee every day I work!

Me: That's awesome buddy. So how much are they paying you?

Him: ....I.....I don't know?

😂😂😂

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users