Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Free soda at work would absolutely destroy my body. A perk to a teenager is a danger to me

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My three oldest all have "serious" summer jobs. Previous summers they have pieced together work with baby sitting, working soccer camps, blah blah blah. But this year one works at a pool supply store, one works as a Menards, and one has a full time summer long job teaching little kids how to skate and play hockey for all the local summer camps. My youngest just made good friends with a kid whose family has a horse stable, and he's going to spend Saturdays mucking out stalls and shoveling shit. He's only 11, but the father is an awesome guy and said he'd pay him. My second youngest just won a regional championship, and is going to be traveling this summer with his soccer team to nationals, and then traveling the nation to camps and such. He's being scouted already by D1 schools, and he just finished grade 9. If he's going to get a scholarship, which seems more promising all the time, he's got to do stuff like this travel soccer.

Kids are growing up. It's fanfuckingtastic.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've missed so much time with my oldest...I wish they would stop growing honestly. At least for a little bit.

Feels bad man.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Found out a co-workers son died in a car crash over the weekend. He lost another son 10 years ago to suicide.

I'm not sure how I'd make it if I lost one kid, let alone two. Probably end up and that bottom of a bottle.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Found out a co-workers son died in a car crash over the weekend. He lost another son 10 years ago to suicide.

I'm not sure how I'd make it if I lost one kid, let alone two. Probably end up and that bottom of a bottle.
Oof

I listen to a lot of podcasts about missing and murdered people, sometimes they're kids and my heart instantly breaks. I try to put myself in their shoes and I just can't. I don't know how I'd deal with it. Certainly bad things would happen.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm not sure how I'd make it if I lost one kid, let alone two.

I used to roll my eyes at popular media where parents would lose their shit if their kids were threatened. Now I tear up at the feel-good father-son moments in family movies.

Kids are something impossible to understand for people who don't have any.

• 2Like

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I just could not take it, suicide for me clearly.
I cried myself to sleep for five nights straight when I noticed that my eldest daughter, 7 and a half years old, developed a tic. We are two weeks into it and it is still driving me crazy.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just could not take it, suicide for me clearly.
I cried myself to sleep for five nights straight when I noticed that my eldest daughter, 7 and a half years old, developed a tic. We are two weeks into it and it is still driving me crazy.
If it's any consolation my sister had a tic around the same age. Lasted into adolesence then mysteriously just went away. Wouldn't worry about it. Most people didn't even notice it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But let's be real, when typically Mom's, say I can't imagine my life without kids, I've gotta eye roll. Mine are now 6, 4, & 2 and I for sure can still remember what life was like before kids!

Like Tarrant Tarrant though, although we're away for different reasons, I feel that traveling for work nearly every week is having me miss out on stuff. Sucks. Which is why though I have feelers out to catch anything that might get posted more locally.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a hard time remembering what it was like. My kids are attached to us 24/7 unless they're asleep. They come with us everywhere, they're part of every decision we make, and they always come first. If I didn't have that I don't know what life would be like. That said I don't mind the occasional day they're out with my wife for the whole day

• 2Like

SeanDoe1z1

Monkey brains.

I was half way across the world when my son had to be rushed to ER. I had no immediate avenue to make it there in a realistic time frame. Worst feeling I’ve ever felt, like abject failure. Kid was fine.

Flash forward 5 years, last month a supercell develops super fast and heading towards my house/family. My dumbass gets in a car to rush home knowing full well not only would I be in the thick of it, no way would I make it in time. Irrational, stupid and ultimately undermines the actual goal.

Monkey brains.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Son graduates tonight, and we’ve been cleaning and fixing minor stuff around the house nonstop for two weeks since we have family coming in.

Forecast calling for storms tonight, so we’ll go from having 20+ tickets for an outdoor ceremony to 5 tickets for the gym ceremony. So yeah family won’t need to come if they can’t go to the ceremony.

Figures.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Couple we’re friends with just lost their boy, would be 3 tomorrow, week older than my oldest son. Heart wrenching. Ride on lawnmower accident, poor communication between the parents, so sad. I won’t go in to details, but you can never take anything for granted and have to always communicate what you’re doing with your children.

• 1Solidarity