Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Co-sleeping is dangerous when young and I think even when they're older it sets up bad habits. I don't mind napping with my son but we don't allow him to come into our bed before 5am.

Took my kids to the zoo today. They have "deer forest" which is a giant place home to hundreds of deer that walk right up and eat out of your hands. Needless to say was my son's favorite exhibit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
It can't be quick to tame an entire herd of deer. I wonder how many generations it takes to get the skittishness out of them. It might only be two or three.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I hope they have vets on staff. Deer are loaded with fleas and ticks that communicate all manner of disease.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hope they have vets on staff. Deer are loaded with fleas and ticks that communicate all manner of disease.
At that point they're farm animals. Studies seems to say that contact with farm animals and pets are a net benefit for kids. Living in a bubble and only eating insanely sanitized food seem to be the main cause (after virtue signaling...) of the current epidemic of allergies and asthma.

At some point over protecting is just bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Co-sleeping is dangerous when young and I think even when they're older it sets up bad habits. I don't mind napping with my son but we don't allow him to come into our bed before 5am.

Took my kids to the zoo today. They have "deer forest" which is a giant place home to hundreds of deer that walk right up and eat out of your hands. Needless to say was my son's favorite exhibit

View attachment 213555View attachment 213557

That is awesome. I'd love to go there.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Happy Independence Day, 'Murica!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had a funny/cute/sad moment the other day. We had my son's bedroom set delivered and I didn't have cash, so I borrowed from my 4 year olds birthday money (I PAID HIM BACK) to tip the dudes. I didn't say anything, I just did it.

Later on my wife took my son to swimming lessons and couldn't find a spot to park and had no money on her, so she said "I can't park at these meters, I don't have any money". My son of course said "I don't have any money either mommy, daddy stole it"

It made me a little sad that he thought I stole it, but it made me realize two things: he's always watching, and his brain is processing things way beyond what I thought. He has no concept of money, but he knew it was his and that I took it.

This next story is a bit more light-hearted. For about a year now my son has been talking about this restaurant he made up called Famous Yummies (and their competition, Famous Yuckies) and my wife loved the name. She's writing a book so she put it in there. Made a little tear form, not gonna lie.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His son's name is Gunner...

Semper isn't a bad name, beasts all the iterations of Kayleigh

Semper by itself is already a pretty stupid name, but in combination with that second name, it's "Tu Morrow" levels of stupid.

It's basically a question of what your child is to you. Is it a real person with their own rights and personality? Or is it just an accessoire you parade around on facebook.

people with shitty names feel the impact of them their entire life. If you don't care about that because you need a cheap laugh or think the Corps is more important than your family, then you should not be a parent. This will be not the only shitty decision he'll make regarding his children.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so something odd has happened these past 2 weeks.

i haven't touched the stove once. Not that i don't want to cook, but with the induction wok, instapot and air fryer, i don't need it lulz

this is actually perfect, cuz now i can start getting rid of that horr8ible red tile and temp move the ki8tchen into the sunroom for a week or so.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so something odd has happened these past 2 weeks.

i haven't touched the stove once. Not that i don't want to cook, but with the induction wok, instapot and air fryer, i don't need it lulz

this is actually perfect, cuz now i can start getting rid of that horr8ible red tile and temp move the ki8tchen into the sunroom for a week or so.
Where you make eggs 🥚?