Parent Thread

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Just wanted to say, without being preachy, that people who can afford to have a third child, really should.

There was a moment in my life where I wanted a third kid but I just couldn't see a way to afford having a third kid, and man, let me tell you, realizing and accepting that fact fucking hurt and it still hurts. And It was not something like ”we, the parents, will suffer if we have the third kid”, it was ” us and the other two kids will suffer”.

So, yeah, with tears in my eyes, please to allow me to express this humble opinion, if someone can afford to have a third child, really should.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
If your having trouble getting the wife pregnant, try videoing it. Get a cheap tripod or something and set it up. Record every time and then send it to me, I’ll study the tape and see what you guys might be doing wrong, I’ll give you some pointers as well.

please send the tape to Soygen Soygen if your wife is not attractive.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I bought my daughter a gift this year for christmas. That was pretty damn hard. I'm sure if you ramp up giving gifts from >1 it works out better, first gift at age 25 hard. A friend of mine asked why I was doing it. Seemed odd. Not like I bought her a new car. My wife was all in on it too and threw in a bunch of ideas. Ased her mom for some ideas as well. So much for the nuclear family.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I dunno, doesn't seem that weird.

I mean no weirder than finding out you have a 25 year old daughter.

You know she's all like, "Hey! Free Shit! Cool."

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If your having trouble getting the wife pregnant, try videoing it. Get a cheap tripod or something and set it up. Record every time and then send it to me, I’ll study the tape and see what you guys might be doing wrong, I’ll give you some pointers as well.

please send the tape to Soygen Soygen if your wife is not attractive.
Infertile ugly women? Jokes on you...

Image result for that's my fetish gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Just wanted to say, without being preachy, that people who can afford to have a third child, really should.

There was a moment in my life where I wanted a third kid but I just couldn't see a way to afford having a third kid, and man, let me tell you, realizing and accepting that fact fucking hurt and it still hurts. And It was not something like ”we, the parents, will suffer if we have the third kid”, it was ” us and the other two kids will suffer”.

So, yeah, with tears in my eyes, please to allow me to express this humble opinion, if someone can afford to have a third child, really should.

My wife and I totally would have a 3rd one but she turned 40 one month after we got pregnant with our daughter. Both kids are healthy, no way were we going to chance any issues with a 3rd. If we were younger, we would have had a 3rd.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I am struggling with a unique gift idea this year. Every year I come up with something special, however, this year I have been stressed and a bit self absorbed with my surgery and wrapping everything up for my Business. Now I am sitting here in this power recliner with nothing but time on my hands. I am racking my brain for a cool idea and I coming up blank. So far we have the standard shit purchased, video games, books, some clothes, one of those giant FAO Schwartz Pianos from Big (thanks Costco) and a starter Guitar. My Boys are 8 (9 next month) and 10.5 I would love some suggestions if you guys are willing to share.

EDIT: Any thoughts or experience with these coding things? https://www.sphero.com/

Not exactly special, but seems cool and I am out of ideas.
My goal has been to just buy my kids less shit, but better shit. They have so much stuff that they don't really care about so I'm trying to key off of them specifically for one or two really key gifts and then encourage relatives to fuck off with the retarded nonsense of giving them tons and tons of stuff. Oldest is into art, got her a Wacom tablet and some software to get started on digital art and one of those instant print cameras (rip in peace polaroid). Middle daughter got some geology stuff and robotics stuff, youngest got dolls and Frozen stuff. Relatives will (hopefully) stick to the fucking script and buy them clothing or something.

Sphero coding stuff is pretty cool. There are simpler options, but if they are into coding already I think it's a good purchase.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I dunno, doesn't seem that weird.

I mean no weirder than finding out you have a 25 year old daughter.

You know she's all like, "Hey! Free Shit! Cool."

Jokes on her. She makes more than I do right now.

Dunno why it never hit me before. I could be a freaking grandpa now. God damn I'm old. Talk about a sudden hit.

Last edited:

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Wife just popped out baby number 2.
It was an induced delivery with cords complications that ended up on an emergency c section.
What a day.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wife just popped out baby number 2.
It was an induced delivery with cords complications that ended up on an emergency c section.
What a day.
My youngest came out with a the chord in a knot. Surprised the hell out of the doctor, "wow, hey everyone, look at this!". Fortunately it wasn't tight and there weren't any complications.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My kids got a letter sent home yesterday about some student having Whooping Cough. It would be some much easier to raise my kids if all these others parents weren't so terrible at raising their kids.

• 3Like

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
As for the getting pregnant stuff, it can be a hard road.
We had at least 7 miscarriages and did ivf in the end.. First try didn't work but we now have 2 healthy boys and are happy. It cost us a shit load, we could have another house. But we got what we wanted instead.. Its heart breaking, I wanted to top myself a couple of times, I've never been so low. If you are going through this please talk to someone, its rough but so fucking awesome in the end.
It cost us so much because we have genetic issues that clash with each other, any other partner and no problem ( maybe) .. She is my best friend so that's how it is.
I could kill the little pricks sometimes but damn I love them..
Keep at it and try and make it fun, the stress of trying to get pregnant ruined our sex life for a while.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am struggling with a unique gift idea this year. Every year I come up with something special, however, this year I have been stressed and a bit self absorbed with my surgery and wrapping everything up for my Business. Now I am sitting here in this power recliner with nothing but time on my hands. I am racking my brain for a cool idea and I coming up blank. So far we have the standard shit purchased, video games, books, some clothes, one of those giant FAO Schwartz Pianos from Big (thanks Costco) and a starter Guitar. My Boys are 8 (9 next month) and 10.5 I would love some suggestions if you guys are willing to share.

EDIT: Any thoughts or experience with these coding things? https://www.sphero.com/

Not exactly special, but seems cool and I am out of ideas.
Get them each an old fashioned model kit from whatever hobby they like and assemble/paint them together.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
2 days out and back to the hospital.. FML
Wife noticed the baby lip turned blue. Hopefully it is just a one time thing.

• 3Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The doctors is not worried he is doing a partial lab work to rule out infection.

So we went in 3 days ago for a planned induction, at 1030 am she get the epidural, at 11am the doctor breaks the water, 5 minutes after the umbilical cord prolapses and they had to do an emergency c section, while 1 nurse is fisting her, to keep the cord from being folded and blocking blood flow.
It went from zero to wtf really fast.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
We hope it was a minor temporary cyanosis, lack of oxygen. It does happen, babies are wierd.

Anyways the blood they took out coagulated too fast so I kindly rejected any more tests. The chest xrays are what we wanted to know to rule out amniotic fluid on the lungs due to the session

• 2Like