Parent Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
When should we get worried with a sick toddler? Fever (101), not eating, sleeping, weird fast breathing etc? No cough or runny nose.... been like this a day or so and it's about to drive my wife to Seppukku. He seems generally okay but the no sleep has caught up to him and now he's in a complete state
101 fever for more than a day I would bring the kid in to the doctor. Kid will get antibiotics and/or nebulizer.

I've already hit my out of pocket max for the year with the fam, so we try to squeeze in the dr visits before the new year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, it comes down for a bit but spikes back up. Might call soon as wife is so tired she’s drunk. Men suck at this kind of shit

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Cracking the beers open. Everything's assembled, wrapped, placed under the tree. Kids are spoiled in my house. Makes me remember the bad Christmases I had as a kid where I got either no gifts at all or watched my parents go into a church for a trash bag full of gifts. Then I think there are kids out there that have it much worse.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I got a call from my daughter today almost in tears. She was thanking me for the first Christmas gift from me. Felt good. Felt double good my wife nearly cried hearing it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When should we get worried with a sick toddler? Fever (101), not eating, sleeping, weird fast breathing etc? No cough or runny nose.... been like this a day or so and it's about to drive my wife to Seppukku. He seems generally okay but the no sleep has caught up to him and now he's in a complete state
The fast breathing is more concerning than low grade fever. If the kid is retracting or has a barky cough get seen. Otherwise rotate Motrin/Tylenol as recommended earlier. Go in if fever lasts for 5 days.

Merry Christmas to me, wife didn’t get anything that needed assembly the night before. Got the kids a switch, and plan to spend the next day dumpstering them in Mario kart.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The fast breathing is more concerning than low grade fever. If the kid is retracting or has a barky cough get seen. Otherwise rotate Motrin/Tylenol as recommended earlier. Go in if fever lasts for 5 days.

Merry Christmas to me, wife didn’t get anything that needed assembly the night before. Got the kids a switch, and plan to spend the next day dumpstering them in Mario kart.
Mario Party is worth picking up for family game night.

• 2Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Just finished assembling an air hockey table. Got a serious one. Kids love it, used to have a crappy one that someone gave us, this one is awesome. I can't wait to play with them.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My youngest stayed awake until 4am waiting for Santa. Needless to say the wife and I are exhausted, we kept saying he has to fall asleep soon. Bed time stared @ 8:30pm.

The New Nespresso Machine I got today is coming in handy. Merry Christmas!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My youngest stayed awake until 4am waiting for Santa. Needless to say the wife and I are exhausted, we kept saying he has to fall asleep soon. Bed time stared @ 8:30pm.

The New Nespresso Machine I got today is coming in handy. Merry Christmas!

Ya that nespresso I bought my wife last year was a feckin godsend

• 1Solidarity

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
There is a heaven or a hell where all you do all day is assemble 5 foot tall princess's castles .

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I did a bad thing...

xmas192.jpg

I did NOT start out with this in mind, but I work from home, which made it easy to online shop for killer deals to pounce on, over the last few months, and before you know it... Plus side, little duder opened some today, and pulled a $200+ card, so he was over the moon. Hell I checked Ebay for giggles and graded perfect 10 copies (which I legit think ours has a shot at)? 59 have sold for over $750 in the last 3 months, some of those even over $3000... jesus f'ing christ, people.

For the uninitiated, those are all Pokemon cards.

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My daughter got me a new samsung galaxy phone. She was apalled at how ancient my phone was. All I used it for was voice. Feels bad.

Edit. This is going to sound really bad. I've known here almost 20 years, since she was 5. It was very hard to buy her a present obviously and guess what she might expect at christmas. Christmas in my family is very small. Maybe 6 people on Christmas eve and a gift, that's it. My wife's family is even less. I have no idea how much she makes and it's really hard to know what is an appropriate gift for someone coming in late. Just venting. She seems very happy to just "know" me as dad. She calls me dad at times. It's a little much for me, not that I don't like it. I gave her several gifts. She is an accountant. I gave her my dads first calculator he gave me when I went to work. He signed it, I signed it. It was only one of the gifts. I had a plaque made to hold it on her desk. She seemed really happy to get it and something to tie her into family. The other gifts were worth much more money. I told her yes I know accountants don't use calculators anymore. She actually had one on the desk lol. I hope she gets what she is looking for out of this.

I've been shocked and amazed at how much on board my wife has been. She got married and a short time later magically her husband had a daughter. I would say she's on board 150% and was rah rah rah about getting her a gift and what to get. Of course she has part of a daughter almost and didn't have to go through child birth. She was a big proponent of no kids all along.

Gotta go, got a little dusty in here for some reason.

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I did a bad thing...

View attachment 239558

I did NOT start out with this in mind, but I work from home, which made it easy to online shop for killer deals to pounce on, over the last few months, and before you know it... Plus side, little duder opened some today, and pulled a $200+ card, so he was over the moon. Hell I checked Ebay for giggles and graded perfect 10 copies (which I legit think ours has a shot at)? 59 have sold for over $750 in the last 3 months, some of those even over $3000... jesus f'ing christ, people.

For the uninitiated, those are all Pokemon cards.
I say this with all due respect

What the fuck

• 2Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If they don't, they may now!

But I'm completely fine with it. This is pretty much the only thing you can point to and even remotely say that. This is a one-off and I've tried to make sure he understands that. That said, he's just about the best son you could ask for, and I'm glad I could give him a stupid xmas like this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Honestly dude, it's awesome. Is it wtf? Yes. But if you've got a good kid, you've got the means, and it's probably something you enjoy as well go for it. My son is getting into gaming and Im like a kid in a candy shop

• 1Like