Parent Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Wife noticed the baby lip turned blue. Hopefully it is just a one time thing.

This happened to my daughter. Similar concerns about amniotic fluid since she was also an emergency C-section (preeclampsia). Minor scare, but it went away in a couple days and she was fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
E78747B9-0826-486E-9D57-8566702CCD40.jpeg

Sup?

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Ah, the joys of raising a class clown. Last year my son got in trouble for trying to be funny (Kindergarten). Parents came in on Fridays to be a mystery reader and read to the class with their kid. Apparently the mom that came in that week was a large woman. Mr. Comedy blurts out "Wow your mom is fat!"

• 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ah, the joys of raising a class clown. Last year my son got in trouble for trying to be funny (Kindergarten). Parents came in on Fridays to be a mystery reader and read to the class with their kid. Apparently the mom that came in that week was a large woman. Mr. Comedy blurts out "Wow your mom is fat!"
Funny as shit but worthy of the Cringe Reaction, because holy shit I would Cringe.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Yea I got a call from the teacher, he got taken out of class and apologized to the mom. I looked her up in the school directory, called her, and made him apologize in front of me. I let him know it would be in his best interest to never make me do that again.

In his defense though, she was like 300 lbs.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yea I got a call from the teacher, he got taken out of class and apologized to the mom. I looked her up in the school directory, called her, and made him apologize in front of me. I let him know it would be in his best interest to never make me do that again.

In his defense though, she was like 300 lbs.
Speaking of cringe, my oldest had a cringe moment last year in 3rd Grade. This kid has never ever been in trouble at school, he is a people pleaser and borderline brown noser.

He has trouble with the annunciation of words beginning with L, so he started to go see the elderly Speech Teacher last year. One day he went to office and she was not there, then he went to the main office asked where she was, they said she probably stepped out for a second and he should go wait by her door. And so he did, upon her return he said "I was worried about you" to which she started to reply something like "oh how sweet", but he cut her off and said "because when I went to the office to ask about you, they said well you know Mrs. Blank is pretty old so she might have died."

So yeah, that was a fantastic call to get mid-day.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
After 10 years of trying with substantial medical help (5 failed IVFs ++) wife is final pregnant. 14 weeks now so feels safe enough to share.

Gonna name this baby Ferrari, cuz that’s what it cost :)

Oh god what have I done!

our baby girl was born in June and is perfect.

Funny how life works, wife is pregnant again with no medical help this time around. #2 will be born a month before our daughter turns one. Irish twins! So much effort on the first one just to knock my wife up unexpectedly as soon as physically possible after the birth lol.

Merry Christmas!

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know if there's scientific proof but I've heard after the first pregnancy it's much easier to get pregnant

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
There is, it's called Prima Para the first time. The pregnancy itself is supposed to be easier, too.

Prima Para resets after some number of years. I forget how many, like 5 or something. But it's a real thing, her body gets better at makin babies. Like most things in life it takes practice.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
her body gets better at makin babies. Like most things in life it takes practice.

We had an early miscarriage trying for our second kid and did some digging into the statistics. The more I learned about pregnancy the more baffling it is that it EVER works properly.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
We had unprotected sex for 10 years. at least 5 times a week. Nothing.
8 weeks month after childbirth and OOPS =D

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So yeah, that was a fantastic call to get mid-day.

Funny how your child was held to a higher standard than the office people who should not have said something like that in the first place without knowing. Yet you get the call.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Funny how your child was held to a higher standard than the office people who should not have said something like that in the first place without knowing. Yet you get the call.
Sorry if I was not clear. He made it up, they never said. He was just pushing boundaries which is understandable and usually excusable with a simple correction and explanation. This time, not do much.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What a lovely thing for an 8, 9 year old to make up :)
Yep, could not have been more out of character for him. Easily the worst thing he has ever done, he is good kid that brought a learning moment down on himself pretty hard.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
When should we get worried with a sick toddler? Fever (101), not eating, sleeping, weird fast breathing etc? No cough or runny nose.... been like this a day or so and it's about to drive my wife to Seppukku. He seems generally okay but the no sleep has caught up to him and now he's in a complete state