Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Where do I buy this? “Ultimate construction set” searching various places doesn't show this.

My sister uses those toys in her kindergarten classroom.

NatGeo also has a line under STEM toys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Kid starts kindergarten today. Hybrid model so in school for 2 days, home for 3.

What a way to start school. Cant even use a regular PC, let alone a chromebook.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
We send my son to a private catholic school for kindergarten. They started on Aug 17th, full time. Its a fairly small school. just 140 kids or so. Had a teacher get covid last week and they quarantined two whole grade levels for two weeks as a precaution. I like that they are taking precautions and I like that they are going a full 5 days. My son needs that.

• 1Solidarity

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Kid starts kindergarten today. Hybrid model so in school for 2 days, home for 3.

What a way to start school. Cant even use a regular PC, let alone a chromebook.
My 5 year old is doing full distance learning kindergarten in a spanish immersion school with an iPad. Holy shit this sucks. He can't even make friends because all he does is watch the class... and each little shit-head in the class can unmute themselves to talk about whatever the fuck they want.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My 5 year old is doing full distance learning kindergarten in a spanish immersion school with an iPad. Holy shit this sucks. He can't even make friends because all he does is watch the class... and each little shit-head in the class can unmute themselves to talk about whatever the fuck they want.
Yeah none of this is good.

I'd prefer an ipad though, teaching him to use a chromebook is going to be hard

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So my oldest son came to visit last month. He's a senior in high school and when I took him over to my college campus he loved it so much (and their music program and building) that he wants to go there next fall. So potentially I could have some college classes with my son...which seems both odd and neat at the same time. I'm just happy he's moving out here to live with me.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My oldest is 3 years 7 months, 42 3/4", 47lbs.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My 5 year old is a twig at 35 pounds

Yeah mines been 36 like all year. He’s scrawniest kid in every soccer game he has played this year.

Anyways the real reason I came to this thread is today we are giving away his easel he hasn’t used in forever. So I wrote free on it to put on the curb and told him he could draw a few things around the word free if he wanted. I came back to this.

881F69E4-CC91-46DD-A351-5D1EBD992F2A.jpeg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
On one of my son's math worksheets that we got back from school. It had a question that said give the answer and explain how you did it. He wrote the answer and "I used my head".

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Custody is every other week

There hasn't been dropoff where my child hasn't cried or begged me to not make him go.
Never gets easier.

Today, one day later my officemate and I are sent home from work for 14 day quarantine because somebody they wouldn't say who compromised us both. (Fuuck that nose swab btw) Infuriating because we both are super careful. But this means child has to stay with his mother an additional week.

Gets worse, with the separation I had my dog stay with the mother so the child could have comfort when not with me. Child loves that dog, talks about walking her, training her, holding her as his mother breaks his toys and calls him names. The dog was hit by a car today the mother said. My 7yo child saw it happen she said.

Last edited:

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah none of this is good.

I'd prefer an ipad though, teaching him to use a chromebook is going to be hard
My 7yo computer skills exploded with the Chromebooks. I've been working with him from the beginning but like out of nowhere massive skill gains

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Custody is every other week

There hasn't been dropoff where my child hasn't cried or begged me to not make him go.
Never gets easier.

Today, one day later my officemate and I are sent home from work for 14 day quarantine because somebody they wouldn't say who compromised us both. (Fuuck that nose swab btw) Infuriating because we both are super careful. But this means child has to stay with his mother an additional week.

Gets worse, with the separation I had my dog stay with the mother so the child could have comfort when not with me. Child loves that dog, talks about walking her, training her, holding her as his mother breaks his toys and calls him names. The dog was hit by a car today the mother said. My 7yo child saw it happen she said.
That's really rough man. I had some trauma as a child where my dad left our dog with us, and my mother sent it to the pound while I was at school. This happened twice, with separate dogs. I can't imagine seeing my dog get hit at that age.

My 7yo computer skills exploded with the Chromebooks. I've been working with him from the beginning but like out of nowhere massive skill gains
Yeah, after I posted t hat he started using it. It was seriously one day of him being confused and then the next day he's a chromebook pro. Sponges, kids are

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I still remember watching my friends dog get hit. Traumatic for sure. Sorry to hear that Conefed Conefed

Got my kids first report card today. He’s got straight As on first grade curriculum, at 5 years old. Pretty cool, hope he stays at the top.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sponges, kids are

Yoda, you are.

2 of my kids had the opportunity to return to in-person learning this past Monday, and both elected to stay home for the remainder of this semester (until Christmas break). I support their decision, cases are exploding here like crazy, and they said they are doing well with the online format (and they are, we checked it all out together). We are all spending so much time together that it can be wearing, but we're doing everything we can to get out of the house when possible. I feel badly for my one daughter, it's her senior year, and she couldn't do show choir like she wanted to. Plus, how many other opportunities is she missing in her senior year because of this stupid pandemic? 2 of my kids are at college, and are living in dorms. They're doing some of their classes online from the dorms. They're having a blast. My youngest is in person at school. But he had the same experience last year with computer stuff. He learned it so bloody fast it was crazy. He is now on the technology team at his school, and he's the one starting the zoom meeting for the kids that have to be home because of exposure and testing and so forth. He's literally teaching his 40 year old teachers how to use the equipment.

These are strange times.