Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
If I am understanding you correctly, yes you can see where all your watchstones come from. Hover your mouse over each set of storage areas on the far left. It will list one of each color for each box of 4 containers. Each stone listed will say if it has been received or not. If not then ya.. proly will say it needs 4 stones to spawn that particular guardian. As to whether it can spawn one you already have while at the same time skipping one that is still missing, I am not sure.

Naw, the Conq that didn't drop a stone had been spawned in an area where I already obtained all 4 stones. I was an idiot so I had 4 stones still slotted in that area. Clearly, once you get all the stones, you still spawn conquerors to get to Sirus so I had accidentally done it there.

Since then I have 4 slotted the areas that I still needed to obtain stones and made sure the other areas are not 4 slotted; I still occasionally need to run some high reds to drop more maps that I need. I don't want to waste MORE time chasing influence and a Conqueror in an area where they won't drop stones.

I'm getting it, slowly but surely.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So Lacerate gladiator is "done". Beat all bosses deathless, including awakening 8 Sirus without much trouble. I'm still missing a source of intimidate, and a watcher's eye of some kind, but that's just gravy at this point. Boss DPS feels great, pack clear is absurd obviously due to gladiator explosions, and insane sustain via regen/leech and massive +life recovery. Warlord influence is OP as fuck for any kind of leech/regen build.

POB for anyone curious what Lacerate looks like end-game. All gear self crafted except the rare axe which I bought for 5ex, making it likely my most expensive item. Build is missing my Lethal Pride which is another 12% max life, 2% regen, and some misc fire resist and str etc. Is there a way to get those in to POB, or do you just have to fudge it with some custom jewel?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I kind of got bored with my necro so took a poe break. But i'm considering a pathfinder or assassin poison claw build. Been mainly looking at pestilent strike and cobra lash. Anyone have some experience with this archetype and know what the best way to go for both class and skill is if i want to be able to do both mapping and bosses/metamorphs?

Prolif looks like it'd be kinda of mandatory so i feel like i'd be stuck with pestilent strike if i went assassin (unless i went dagger for bino's kitchen knife but i'd prefer claws).
Fun for awhile, but once you get into high reds the DPS can't keep up and you get one-shotted all the time. Switched to Blade Vortex from Cobra Lash and it did much better but was still shit against the biggest bosses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So Lacerate gladiator is "done". Beat all bosses deathless, including awakening 8 Sirus without much trouble. I'm still missing a source of intimidate, and a watcher's eye of some kind, but that's just gravy at this point. Boss DPS feels great, pack clear is absurd obviously due to gladiator explosions, and insane sustain via regen/leech and massive +life recovery. Warlord influence is OP as fuck for any kind of leech/regen build.

POB for anyone curious what Lacerate looks like end-game. All gear self crafted except the rare axe which I bought for 5ex, making it likely my most expensive item. Build is missing my Lethal Pride which is another 12% max life, 2% regen, and some misc fire resist and str etc. Is there a way to get those in to POB, or do you just have to fudge it with some custom jewel?

What's your kill time on a T16 conqueror? I found my lacerate guy to be too slow with the dodging you have to do.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm they never felt ridiculous to kill or anything. Warlord took a bit of time but that's probably because I'm not 100% certain how all his banners/bubbles and shit all work and am mostly just brute forcing it.

Certainly less time than a shaper takes, but more time than a big fatty metamorph?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It's amazing how tanky HoAG Guardian is this patch despite the fortify nerf, last patch you could get 90% physical DR with 0 armor, letting you do stuff like run the gluttony belt and acro/phase acro.
What skill gems did you use to level? The guide I'm using says use a bow with Rain of arrows with poison gem.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What catalyst should I use on Mark of the Shaper? Fertile will impact the % max life maybe? Or will imbued impact the spell dmg if other ring is an elder item?

Or neither will work and I should just stick to turbulent to increase the base elemental on it?

Hmmmm!

Looks like imbued actually worked on % spell damage if other ring is an elder item (it is).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No idea how viable it will be for any kind of end game, but the reflections from the new Savior sword cast flickerstrike supported by whatever you support it with which is pretty lol.

Watching them just vanish off the screen exploding packs with flicker will probably never get old.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a LOT of potential for the new league uniques. Very interestingly they're VERY common too, almost everyone is 1c. Just waiting for Mathil to pick up a Manastorm and or Black Cane and win the games.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I kind of got bored with my necro so took a poe break. But i'm considering a pathfinder or assassin poison claw build. Been mainly looking at pestilent strike and cobra lash. Anyone have some experience with this archetype and know what the best way to go for both class and skill is if i want to be able to do both mapping and bosses/metamorphs?

Prolif looks like it'd be kinda of mandatory so i feel like i'd be stuck with pestilent strike if i went assassin (unless i went dagger for bino's kitchen knife but i'd prefer claws).

Pyros Pyros had a poison build this league that worked out well. IIRC he killed Sirus with it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well thats dissapointing and put me off it now, damn..

Had also looked at flicker strike with the saviour but the poe ninja builds i looked at had mirror tier gear like 680 pdps foils and 5 implicit sirus gloves etc but maybe i should try it for the lols even if i can only make a cheap version.
I played Viper Strike and it was very strong BUT the mapping isn't as fast as some other stuff(it's reasonable with splash+hunter gloves with +1target though). It melted everything boss wise however, which is good for a league that had so much focus on bossing. I did 36/40 in a week and a half with it or so, might have been 2 weeks, used it as my starter and the leveling was ass, definitely use cobra lash or whatever, but once I got rolling it was solid. I'll relink the video I made quickly running some T15/T16 maps so you can get a rough idea, that's before I upgraded to Aul's necklace which was like a 20% damage increase or something like that(not that it'd matter for trash). Killed Sirius at awakening 8 twice, not deathless because I fucked up storms both times but very easy kill regardless.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
No idea how viable it will be for any kind of end game, but the reflections from the new Savior sword cast flickerstrike supported by whatever you support it with which is pretty lol.

Watching them just vanish off the screen exploding packs with flicker will probably never get old.

Thats what i find intriguing about it..Got a champ through the acts but not as flicker and will take some effort before i can find out for myself what it plays like.

I played Viper Strike and it was very strong BUT the mapping isn't as fast as some other stuff(it's reasonable with splash+hunter gloves with +1target though). It melted everything boss wise however, which is good for a league that had so much focus on bossing. I did 36/40 in a week and a half with it or so, might have been 2 weeks, used it as my starter and the leveling was ass, definitely use cobra lash or whatever, but once I got rolling it was solid. I'll relink the video I made quickly running some T15/T16 maps so you can get a rough idea, that's before I upgraded to Aul's necklace which was like a 20% damage increase or something like that(not that it'd matter for trash). Killed Sirius at awakening 8 twice, not deathless because I fucked up storms both times but very easy kill regardless.

Thanks. As it turned out i'm giving Flicker strike a go instead but appreciate it nontheless.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah spawning sirus is just cancer at this point.

I think i'm close to done. I don't mind grinding but godamn if i wanna run 80 maps every time i want to fight the end game boss.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Take a look at poe.ninja, pick a skill or item you like, look it up in hardcore and use that.

I say hardcore as it's probably going to be better than some retarded 4k hp glass cannon in the softcore league and you can adjust it if it's too tanky etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been liking my dom blow and herald of purity jugg. It's a lot like zombies and skeletons except your zombies have shield charge(I want to say the pathing doesn't suck either) and your don't have to cast your skeletons, so the clear is quite good. Topped out around 380M xp/hour in blood aqueducts. Also, ridiculously tanky, did my uber lab ignoring everything Izaro threw at me. I know that's not saying too much since it's a jugg, but when build rounds out, you should be able to reduce all types(phys, chaos, elemental) of hits by at least 90%. Things like shaper slams will do 20%.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I've been liking my dom blow and herald of purity jugg. It's a lot like zombies and skeletons except your zombies have shield charge(I want to say the pathing doesn't suck either) and your don't have to cast your skeletons, so the clear is quite good. Topped out around 380M xp/hour in blood aqueducts. Also, ridiculously tanky, did my uber lab ignoring everything Izaro threw at me. I know that's not saying too much since it's a jugg, but when build rounds out, you should be able to reduce all types(phys, chaos, elemental) of hits by at least 90%. Things like shaper slams will do 20%.
Would like to see a PoB build of this, if you don't mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Take a look at poe.ninja, pick a skill or item you like, look it up in hardcore and use that.

I say hardcore as it's probably going to be better than some retarded 4k hp glass cannon in the softcore league and you can adjust it if it's too tanky etc.

If that was to me, of course, I am doing that. I'm crowdsourcing to see if there's some niche build or something that I wouldn't usually look at.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Buy a Savior and play flicker, it's retarded lol.

My current plan seems to actually be working with putting flicker in elder boots with the level 20 fortify support for a pseudo 5-link, then just running double strike in my chest for bosses. We'll see if flicker damage keeps up in to red maps on just a 5-link, but so far it just oneshots packs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Now I will preface this with the fact that I am not the fastest min-max, actions per second player. But last night I played for probably 4 hours with one influence already on the Atlas, then chased down another areas's influence, then moved to an alt to farm the rest of the taunts on lower level maps, and by the time I was done (with a few side tasks here and there) I had gotten one stone.

I am not per se advocating for faster acquisition or make it easier, I just wanted to throw another voice among many that the RNG in the whole taunting process is a little.......sketchy.

Based on my own experience I do not feel like chasing taunts on high reds has any more chance of success than lower level maps, but can someone confirm? Also, I seem to have a lot more success in getting that first taunt on T16 maps but that may be biased; I may just be running T16s all the time as a starter. I haven't quite kept close enough track.